Does He Know The Importance Of That Goal?

Fred Sharpe's Nose

Re: Does He Know The Importance Of That Goal?

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 20 Apr 2007 18:53

Quotes from the Brentford match report:

This was our day. The day those who were there could say "I was there". The day Reading Football Club come of age. Have a great summer everybody, you never know England may win the World Cup and we will get promoted to the Premiership next season. Dreams can come true you know...

Personally I believe we could fill the Madejski with top matches against teams like Coventry, Leicester and Derby next season.

15,000 average home gate next season?

Prophetic indeed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Apr 2007 19:34

Stranded
RG30 Yeah, been some weird moments along that run (losing 2 goal lead against Bristol City, not beating Northampton on Easter Monday, coming back from 2-0 down at Tranmere to draw, Phil Whitehead's howler against Peterborough)

Still feel that Rougier's goal at Tranmere was the most important of the season, even more so that Cureton's.

It got us back in the game and you could see the belief returning to the players. If we'd lost there we would not have got anywhere near promotion.
yep at 0-2 down (against Tranmere including Jason Koumas) it turned the game (if not changed our end of season) from play-off's definates to automatic contenders.

Poor old Rouge......he received very little plaudits for that one

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Does He Know The Importance Of That Goal?

by RG30 » 20 Apr 2007 19:39

Skyline Didn't Peterborough have a really young keeper when they got the draw at our place? 17 or 18yo if I remember right.

Luke Steele, who went to Man Utd before going out on-loan to Coventry I believe. Anyone know what's happened to him?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 21 Apr 2007 03:30

bassavage
Compo's Hat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmA6thXVYBQ&mode=related&search=

HAPPY DAYS

Didn't see where Cureton's ball landed as i was at the back but it didn't stop me going mental!!!!!

Look at the bit after Brentford scored - Hunt tries to jump on the goalscorer and falls over.

What a oxf*rd, fancy doing that against his favourite Prem team.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 21 Apr 2007 11:38

Curo may have scored the vital goal, but the decision by Pardew to bring on Bas Savage in the 89th minute was a masterstoke, simply because the Brentford players were bewilderd shell shocked that this guy could pass as a professional footballer and simply couldn;t play any longer from the shock of laughetr. I think this also explains why SC signed John Halls.