Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2007 20:40

pieface last counter argumet i hold my hands up and say fair does
Defeatist :wink:

Remember, It's just a messageboard.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 27 Apr 2007 20:43

pieface With sidwell it the way he gone about it what has made him a rebel. i feel he has been very sly and been a bit of a t***. I dont normally use that language but this is an occasoin i have to, he been a qaulity player for us but he no better than what murty or harper has been for us.At pre seasoin i wish at Swindon away i had joined some off the sign on chants than sing up for sidwell that day.We do not need players like him at the club we all seen West Ham and what happend to them as a result attitudes like what ginger man has adopted.

Dear Sidwell

Go to a top 5 prem team and have fun playing carling cup matches and reserve matches next seasoin.Just rember big wage can not buy u a starting line up place every week.

grow up

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Contract Rebels

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Apr 2007 20:44

Forbury Lion Anyway, Question for today is this:

Have Reading FC ever had a contract rebel or a player who has left that the club wanted desperately to keep?

Kevin Bremner. Fans loved him, club wanted him to sign but he refused. The chants begging him to stay started around Christmas. At least he went to a MASSIVE club.

pieface

by pieface » 27 Apr 2007 20:57

west end man cheers for telling me to grow up for expressing my opione on reading fc fan website as you dont agree with me.Im not the one saying childish onslaughts cause someone has a different opinone to mine.Thats the kind thing kids do.If growing means not being extremly passinate about reading football club and as of this having strong views then i suppose i am happy to not grow up.

gn1982

by gn1982 » 27 Apr 2007 21:14

[quote="pieface"]west end man cheers for telling me to grow up for expressing my opione on reading fc fan website as you dont agree with me.Im not the one saying childish onslaughts cause someone has a different opinone to mine.Thats the kind thing kids do.If growing means not being extremly passinate about reading football club and as of this having strong views then i suppose i am happy to not grow up.[/quote]

You are entitled to your opinion that Sidwell is a tw*t. I disagree with it. Bearing in mind you are obviously fat and proud of it (highlighting you are part of the junkfood generation), i would suggest you are about 15, never went to Elm Park and only started going to football matches against teams like Cardiff and Milwall so you could shout abuse at people with the relative safety of numbers and police and a safety gate separating you with a certain kicking.

When you support a football club - you support them. If things aren't going so well you look for the positives (look at WHU at 6-0 down) and you remember there are always worse off fans than you... Ox***d and Swind*n for example. Going back a few seasons (when you were wearing your Man U shirt in your PE lessons) Andy Hughes would have some shockers technically, however, when he knew he was playing poorly he work work twice as hard as usual (difficult i know) to still make an impact on the game and create space for his teammates to win the game. Hence he became Norwich captain minutes after leaving us.

Learn to appreciate effort, honesty and integrity then come back here and call yourself a Reading fan.

pieface

by pieface » 27 Apr 2007 21:43

i never said anything about Andy Hughes i loved watchin him and jhon down the wings.Sidwell has not been honest this saesoin i feel but then i dont no what been said beetween him and Jhon M.Bytw im not fat in your intrest and if you are up for 1500 m i give you a race to highlight who eats to much junk food out the two of us.If i am also honest Sidwell was a player last year i loved watching and try to play like.Though my opinone been changed this seasoin.I am a reading fan and always have and will.I am not complaining about worse off fans we have had it good recently little while back we had Tommy burns running the show for 18 mounths and also before that Terry Bullivant.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 27 Apr 2007 22:04

pieface i never said anything about Andy Hughes i loved watchin him and jhon down the wings.Sidwell has not been honest this saesoin i feel but then i dont no what been said beetween him and Jhon M.Bytw im not fat in your intrest and if you are up for 1500 m i give you a race to highlight who eats to much junk food out the two of us.If i am also honest Sidwell was a player last year i loved watching and try to play like.Though my opinone been changed this seasoin.I am a reading fan and always have and will.I am not complaining about worse off fans we have had it good recently little while back we had Tommy burns running the show for 18 mounths and also before that Terry Bullivant.

*shudders* I didn't.
No offence, but the last part of your post sounds like you are trying to prove you have been a fan before the last couple of seasons. Don't bother. If you know you where there, you know and it doesn't matter what anybody else on this board thinks.
Phewph. Trisha mode over.

gn1982

by gn1982 » 28 Apr 2007 23:41

pieface i never said anything about Andy Hughes i loved watchin him and jhon down the wings.Sidwell has not been honest this saesoin i feel but then i dont no what been said beetween him and Jhon M.Bytw im not fat in your intrest and if you are up for 1500 m i give you a race to highlight who eats to much junk food out the two of us.If i am also honest Sidwell was a player last year i loved watching and try to play like.Though my opinone been changed this seasoin.I am a reading fan and always have and will.I am not complaining about worse off fans we have had it good recently little while back we had Tommy burns running the show for 18 mounths and also before that Terry Bullivant.

If he hasn't been honest, he wouldn't have tried hard and we would have been found out in a lot of games. If we win final 3 games we are in europe... how does that work if we have individuals in our team? What will you say if Siddy re-signs?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Apr 2007 23:45

Sidwell has been the most honest player we have. Several others in the dressing room are also very much looking for their "Premier League dividend" - they've just not done it so publicly.

Not sure if that's better or worse, but the one accusation that can't be levelled at Sidders is lack of honesty.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 29 Apr 2007 00:22

The arguement that "any of us" would move jobs if we could nearly double out wages doesn't quite hold water. Yes if your earning 20K a year, struggling to pay your mortgage, gas bill, credit cards, council tax every month then yes a jump to 38k a year would be a no brainer. However to jump from "only" 25k a week to 40k really doesn't make that much difference, certainly not when it comes to feeding your family :lol: . You could still pay off your mortgage in 12 weeks regardless of which of those horrific salaries your on. No at that level its comes down to more than money and being happy in your job, home, kid's school etc comes more into play.

I think the thing that pi$$es people off is we all know he's off and to continue to state he hasn't made up his mind and still may stay is an insult to our intelligence. Also eariler in the season he was demanding 25K and when it was offered (allegedly) he still didn't sign. However in Mr Sidwells defence I can't see how else he can play it, it would certainly not be a good idea to come out to fans/manager/teamates and say I'm off at the end of season.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 29 Apr 2007 07:56

pieface ok i admitt that my veiw may be a bit radical.But the view that he has to think about his wife and kids when he earning thousands of pound a week is more so.Its the fact that i have the veiw that his demands have increased everytime it looks like reaidng will offer the deal.I am not for a minute denying that Sidwell has been nothing but qaulity for reading this seasoin and his time here.Though i am saying i dont believe every week he playing for the club but himself so he in the spotlight for other clubs to watch him.Also i make the comparisoin as i think Sidwell does think he better than the club and West Ham has had this problem off players thinking they are icons after thier 1st seaosin in the Prem.I dont say go out and not support him when hes playing cause i think that stupid.Though i do say i dont want player who think they are better than the club when they are not.In the big games against world class midfielders i honestly say he not shined above them.While against mid table teams he has on times this is why he a mid table player and no more.I think if he not oging sign a new contract dont play him cause he not going be no use next year test others out.But i aplogise moaning bout one our players as 2 be fair it pointless and not needed to move the club on.

Did you type that in a particular hurry?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Apr 2007 11:02

West Stand Man
pieface With sidwell it the way he gone about it what has made him a rebel. i feel he has been very sly and been a bit of a t***. I dont normally use that language but this is an occasoin i have to, he been a qaulity player for us but he no better than what murty or harper has been for us.At pre seasoin i wish at Swindon away i had joined some off the sign on chants than sing up for sidwell that day.We do not need players like him at the club we all seen West Ham and what happend to them as a result attitudes like what ginger man has adopted.

Dear Sidwell

Go to a top 5 prem team and have fun playing carling cup matches and reserve matches next seasoin.Just rember big wage can not buy u a starting line up place every week.

grow up

And the same applys to Sidwell's silly little fan club.

Whilst pieface's only crime is lack of typing and grammer skills, at least he woke up smelt the coffee regarding Sidwell by the start of the season.

Even before this time Sidwell was refusing to sign all the numerous offers of renewal being made to him, so, in the real world, this is what most people understand to be a contract rebel.

On the other hand, those who feel that our world would stop turning without the moderately talented midfielder, will feel the need to leap to his defence :roll:

As I've said before, I hope Newcastle United save a space on their coach for the greedy one and that we can finally put this pathetic saga to bed, rather than have it dragged out for a few more very tedious months.

Also, I hope some of you come of realise that your lives will still be worth living without one Stephen Sidwell.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 Apr 2007 11:38

Woodcote Royal
West Stand Man

Dear Sidwell

grow up

Whilst pieface's only crime is lack of typing and grammer skills, at least he woke up smelt the coffee regarding Sidwell by the start of the season.

Even before this time Sidwell was refusing to sign all the numerous offers of renewal being made to him, so, in the real world, this is what most people understand to be a contract rebel.

On the other hand, those who feel that our world would stop turning without the moderately talented midfielder, will feel the need to leap to his defence :roll:

As I've said before, I hope Newcastle United save a space on their coach for the greedy one and that we can finally put this pathetic saga to bed, rather than have it dragged out for a few more very tedious months.

Also, I hope some of you come of realise that your lives will still be worth living without one Stephen Sidwell.
I've had Vodafone call me about my refusal to sign up to a new 18 month contract when my current one expires, They even offered to drop my tarrif to £10 a month but still I refused.

Does this make me a contract rebel?

Thinking about it, Steve Sidwell not rebelling against his contract, He is only being open and honest about his intentions regarding his future.

We can't force him to sign a new contract and he gave us enough notice to sell him for a profit, He's been as commited as always to our cause and has honoured his contract. He's rebelling against a new contract offer and not his existing contract. However Wally Downes has done this also.

If Sidwell was refusing to honour his current contract then he would be a rebel, or terrorist.

When the club refused to sign John Salako up for another year they were the rebels, So what comes around goes around.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 29 Apr 2007 11:42

Sidwell owes Reading FC nothing. He's given us 4 years of great service, 120% throughout the whole time and if local papers want to give a negative spin on the matter, then it's there problem but I don't see him in anyway as a rebel.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Apr 2007 11:57

RG30 Sidwell owes Reading FC nothing. He's given us 4 years of great service, 120% throughout the whole time and if local papers want to give a negative spin on the matter, then it's there problem but I don't see him in anyway as a rebel.

Precisely - to say he is a rebel is frankly laughable. Let him go somewhere else and see what it's like. I still think that he should stay and, wherever he goes, he won't have such a good base from which to do what he does best than here.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Apr 2007 13:25

Forbury Lion
Woodcote Royal
West Stand Man

Dear Sidwell

grow up

I've had Vodafone call me about my refusal to sign up to a new 18 month contract when my current one expires, They even offered to drop my tarrif to £10 a month but still I refused.

Does this make me a contract rebel?

Thinking about it, Steve Sidwell not rebelling against his contract, He is only being open and honest about his intentions regarding his future.

We can't force him to sign a new contract and he gave us enough notice to sell him for a profit, He's been as commited as always to our cause and has honoured his contract. He's rebelling against a new contract offer and not his existing contract. However Wally Downes has done this also.

If Sidwell was refusing to honour his current contract then he would be a rebel, or terrorist.

When the club refused to sign John Salako up for another year they were the rebels, So what comes around goes around.

None of above changes the fact that this is what most people understand to be someone acting as a contract rebel..................the refusal to sign on the dotted line despite numeruous, usually improving each time, offers being made to tempt the rebel into doing so.

It beggars belief just how sad some you are to be so far up Sidwells backside to want to make an issue of such a.............non issue.

Get a life, FFS.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Apr 2007 18:11

Bill Oddie The arguement that "any of us" would move jobs if we could nearly double out wages doesn't quite hold water. Yes if your earning 20K a year, struggling to pay your mortgage, gas bill, credit cards, council tax every month then yes a jump to 38k a year would be a no brainer. However to jump from "only" 25k a week to 40k really doesn't make that much difference, certainly not when it comes to feeding your family :lol: . You could still pay off your mortgage in 12 weeks regardless of which of those horrific salaries your on. No at that level its comes down to more than money and being happy in your job, home, kid's school etc comes more into play.

I think the thing that pi$$es people off is we all know he's off and to continue to state he hasn't made up his mind and still may stay is an insult to our intelligence. Also eariler in the season he was demanding 25K and when it was offered (allegedly) he still didn't sign. However in Mr Sidwells defence I can't see how else he can play it, it would certainly not be a good idea to come out to fans/manager/teamates and say I'm off at the end of season.

there is nothing i wouldnt do for a doubling of my wages
and that would apply if it doubled from 25-50 k pa, or pw

pieface

by pieface » 29 Apr 2007 18:34

brendywendy the point is would you say your doing it as your thinking of your wife and kids?(if it was the case of doubling 25k to 50k) would you demand one thing then change the demand?.I would respected Sidwell if he put is hands up at the beginning of the seaosin and said it time for me to my footballing life on and i will not be signing a new contract though untill then im totally dedicated to do everything on the pitch i can for reading football club.This was not the case though this is why i feel he has not been honest.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Apr 2007 18:56

pieface brendywendy the point is would you say your doing it as your thinking of your wife and kids?(if it was the case of doubling 25k to 50k) would you demand one thing then change the demand?.I would respected Sidwell if he put is hands up at the beginning of the seaosin and said it time for me to my footballing life on and i will not be signing a new contract though untill then im totally dedicated to do everything on the pitch i can for reading football club.This was not the case though this is why i feel he has not been honest.

yes i would in some way be doing it for the future missus brendywendy, and any future offspring i may have
if i asked for one thing, then was offered more by someone else, i would then change my demands to reflect this
and how can he have been dishonest, hes been saying he will do this for two years

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 Apr 2007 19:07

Woodcote Royal It beggars belief just how sad some you are to be so far up Sidwells backside to want to make an issue of such a.............non issue.

Get a life, FFS.
Calm down dear, It's just a messageboard.