8%
Steve Wood
1%

Total votes: 103
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 08 Jun 2007 13:26

Compo's Hat Btw, i recommend a poll for the manager at the end of the players vote. Even though i'm almost certain i know who'll win.

You got it.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Jun 2007 13:34

Compo's Hat Btw, i recommend a poll for the manager at the end of the players vote. Even though i'm almost certain i know who'll win.

Not in any way intended to cast doubt on the claims of Sir Steve as the greatest RFC manager, but I wonder how many of the greatest 11 will have been Coppell signings? None so far... whereas Pardew has one (two if you count the resigning of Williams), and Burns has one as well... :?

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 08 Jun 2007 13:45

RobRoyal

Not in any way intended to cast doubt on the claims of Sir Steve as the greatest RFC manager, but I wonder how many of the greatest 11 will have been Coppell signings? None so far... whereas Pardew has one (two if you count the resigning of Williams), and Burns has one as well... :?

This would be fine if the sole indication mark of a good manager was his signings.

Who, two years ago would have thought that the players available to Coppell would be so at ease in the Premiership.

Whilst he is obviously a good judge of a player, I would suggest that he is the best at making the most of what he's got (his experience at Palace, Brentford and BHA would back this up)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jun 2007 14:02

RobRoyal Not in any way intended to cast doubt on the claims of Sir Steve as the greatest RFC manager, but I wonder how many of the greatest 11 will have been Coppell signings? None so far... whereas Pardew has one (two if you count the resigning of Williams), and Burns has one as well... :?

There is time yet:

Right Wing - Glenn Little
Striker - Kevin Doyle (although there is very strong competition for the strikers)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Jun 2007 14:08

Compo's Hat Mr Hat to you :wink:

Btw, i recommend a poll for the manager at the end of the players vote. Even though i'm almost certain i know who'll win.

Yeah !! Never did get over the loss of Charlie Hurley.