Steve Coppell's school of humour

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Nov 2007 19:40

brendywendy
Factfinder
Cookie He's at it again, he told the BBC after the Man City game that the tabloids keep spelling his name with an O at the end.

Ho Ho Ho did I not laugh at that?

Ha! It was Fabio!

i thought that was seriously funny

but what do i know

It was, it was humorous.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 07 Jan 2008 22:36

Smug mode on :lol:

SWLR
SWLR ['ooh, look at me' mode on]

Well I look forward to hearing his wit at the LMA dinner later this month. He is guest speaker.

Anyone else going?

['ooh, look at me' mode off]

Well I witnessed the great man in a double act last night with Terry Butcher. There was lots of insight, but the brain is in a fog at the moment. If any bits come back to me I'll let you all know.....

One for the URG - in talking about diving/ cheating in the game he mentioned that he was in Prague last week watching a game where the play kept stopping as players roled around. I'll let some else add 2+2 together - brain can't compute

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 08 Jan 2008 07:51

SWLR Smug mode on :lol:

SWLR

Well I look forward to hearing his wit at the LMA dinner later this month. He is guest speaker.

Anyone else going?

Well I witnessed the great man in a double act last night with Terry Butcher. There was lots of insight, but the brain is in a fog at the moment. If any bits come back to me I'll let you all know.....

One for the URG - in talking about diving/ cheating in the game he mentioned that he was in Prague last week watching a game where the play kept stopping as players roled around. I'll let some else add 2+2 together - brain can't compute

It's probably far too early for me, but can you explain what your point is please.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 08 Jan 2008 08:00

T.R.O.L.I.

SWLR

Anyone else going?

It's probably far too early for me, but can you explain what your point is please.

I'm guessing somewhere in there he named the player that he thought Coppell was scouting :roll: That is poor SWLR. Close the door on your way out.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Jan 2008 11:08

"I really don't know my team yet. I usually find that a quiet hour watching Bonanza or something will make my mind up for me."

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 36,00.html

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Jan 2008 11:17

That Friday Feeling "I really don't know my team yet. I usually find that a quiet hour watching Bonanza or something will make my mind up for me."

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 36,00.html

And it was said in the typical SC way - with a knowing twinkle in his eye...
The local journos who see him week in and week out and who are "tunied in" to SC understood it perfectly - the national journos were mystified....

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 11 Jan 2008 11:20

Dirk Gently the national journos were mystified....

No surprise there then :lol:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Jan 2008 17:56

From the same article"

Steve Coppell Well we will have to try and keep eleven men on the field! That in itself can be a test for us sometimes, but Sonko isn't here so we have probably got a better chance!

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Steve Coppell's school of humour

by Coppelled Streets » 12 Jan 2008 18:15

T.R.O.L.I. Apologies if this is a Dodd but I found the following on the BBC "Quotes of the Week" page:

"It's just a game of football. There are 1.2 billion people in India who couldn't give a s*** what happens to Reading."
Reading boss Steve Coppell is philosophical after the 3-1 defeat by Fulham.

:lol:

The best one has to be Gunnarsson in instead of Pearce, that just cracks me up!

Oh and De La instead of Rosenior, good god, my sides....

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2008 18:46

Coppelled Streets
T.R.O.L.I. Apologies if this is a Dodd but I found the following on the BBC "Quotes of the Week" page:

"It's just a game of football. There are 1.2 billion people in India who couldn't give a s*** what happens to Reading."

Agree with first one. It was always going to be risky playing a midfielder in defence but De La Cruz was pretty good today - in fact I haven't seen him have a bad game for Reading

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 12 Jan 2008 18:51

bcubed
Coppelled Streets

Agree with first one. It was always going to be risky playing a midfielder in defence but De La Cruz was pretty good today - in fact I haven't seen him have a bad game for Reading

Del boy gives his all and has been a good little player for us, but he hasn't any pace about him and that's a serious worry at this level.

Gunnersson also has no pace and you just can't get away with havimg him at centre half and we didn't.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 12 Jan 2008 18:53

Alex Pearce

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Jan 2008 18:55

We weren't undone by pace though - Villa scored the killer goals from set pieces.

Which is why we should have had more than one centre half on the pitch.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jan 2008 21:33

Platypuss We weren't undone by pace though - Villa scored the killer goals from set pieces.

Absolutely. And to suggest De La Cruz has 'no pace' is ludicrous. He's not quick but easily the quickest of the players in outr back 5 today. Was the only one who could keep up with their forwards. Villa didn't make the most of that assett and still won 3-1.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 12 Jan 2008 21:47

Rawlie19
T.R.O.L.I.

SWLR

Anyone else going?

I'm guessing somewhere in there he named the player that he thought Coppell was scouting :roll: That is poor SWLR. Close the door on your way out.
Are we signing Brian Cantcompute? :shock:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Jan 2008 23:06

Alan Partridge
Platypuss We weren't undone by pace though - Villa scored the killer goals from set pieces.

Absolutely. And to suggest De La Cruz has 'no pace' is ludicrous. He's not quick but easily the quickest of the players in outr back 5 today. Was the only one who could keep up with their forwards. Villa didn't make the most of that assett and still won 3-1.

Didn't see Abongolawhore get away from him once. And he is generally considered to be pretty quick

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 14 Jan 2008 00:00

Another humour thread taken over by people who want to vent their spleen against the club.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 29 Feb 2008 13:29

Time to revive this thread!

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 99,00.html

REPORTER:…it’s uncharted waters

SC: It’s shitty waters. You can quote me on that. It’s smelly and it’s clingy.

:o

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 23 Aug 2008 19:12

"Last week people were complimenting us for our clean sheets - now it's the opposite end of the spectrum.
"I don't want to complain about the referee but it did appear a jittery and nervous performance."

This is an extract from his interview after the game today. That's not funny Steve!
And you're going to get your knuckles smacked by the FA as well.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Aug 2008 23:57

Factfinder "Last week people were complimenting us for our clean sheets - now it's the opposite end of the spectrum.
"I don't want to complain about the referee but it did appear a jittery and nervous performance."

This is an extract from his interview after the game today. That's not funny Steve!
And you're going to get your knuckles smacked by the FA as well.

he wants to look a bit closely at his defence for jittery and nervous