Hahnemann - The facts

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Dec 2007 15:15

He had a decent game on Saturday - the whole team did.

I'd like to see you watch some of the other games this season and relay the facts from those games though.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 11 Dec 2007 15:19

Royalee He had a decent game on Saturday - the whole team did.

I'd like to see you watch some of the other games this season and relay the facts from those games though.

You still don't get it!

I know full well that he hasn't been great this season and I am the first to say that his kicking is normally awful and he doesn't come for enough crosses and he is slow off his line.

But the point is that I don't say any of that when he has a good game, as it just clouds the minds of others who didnt see the game in to thinking that 'Marcus was shit' again, when that is not the case.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 11 Dec 2007 15:26

Simple fact is our defensive line has been very poor this season.
Personally I believe Marcus is mostly responsible for this as he does not command his area in the slightest, hence why our defenders have little faith in him.

Yes he was quality last season, hence why he topped the OPTA stats for most saves - But that doesn't hide the fact he has been very poor this season.

@ 38 the Club, the fans & most likely Marcus knows this will be his last season as our Number 1. We need to be looking to the future & younger keepers who are going to fill the sticks for the foreseeable future.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2007 15:36

If it's his last season with us when he's 38 then we have another 3 seasons of him in goal.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 11 Dec 2007 15:47

look...i hate fans who think they are being fans by clinging to older players who have done it in the past.

Alex Ferguson has no room for sentiment, hence Man Knighted's(pun on Manc's pronunciation of their club and reference to Alex's Sirness, quite cleverly done if i do say so myself) continued success

.....like old mothers who cling to junk just coz it reminds them how beautiful they were 14 years go, we can't keep hold of Marcus based on his decent and IMO over-rated performances in the past

He is not a keeper's keeper in that he doesn't do the basics well, he makes the odd flashy save but too many of his errors lead to goals. Put simply it's time to let him go. Thanks for your time and efforts Marcus but we need fresh blood now

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2007 16:24

West Stand Flash Simple fact is our defensive line has been very poor this season.

We don't have a defensive line thank you very much!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Dec 2007 16:30

West Stand Flash Simple fact is our defensive line has been very poor this season.
Personally I believe Marcus is mostly responsible for this as he does not command his area in the slightest, hence why our defenders have little faith in him.

Yes he was quality last season, hence why he topped the OPTA stats for most saves - But that doesn't hide the fact he has been very poor this season.

@ 38 the Club, the fans & most likely Marcus knows this will be his last season as our Number 1. We need to be looking to the future & younger keepers who are going to fill the sticks for the foreseeable future.

he topped the opta stats becuase our porous defence let the oppostition take the most shots at him, of which he saved a bigger number than anyone else
and i think the defence is a group thing, theyve all been off their game a little, and this has affected the others. its CBs for letting people waltz through and take pot shots, nowt to do with their worries over marcus
and in reverse its his fault when he comes and flaps at a cross.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 11 Dec 2007 16:30

Londinium

I totally get the point you are making but regarding his kicking on Saturday-we are going to have to disagree-I thought it was poor. The rest of his game I thought he did well and have never once said otherwise or that 'he was rubbish again' and actually praised the times he rolled the ball out in another thread.

I'm glad we both agree that he has been poor this season, its plain for all to see and I'm sure Coppell has realised it as well.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 11 Dec 2007 16:32

brendywendy

he topped the opta stats becuase our porous defence let the oppostition take the most shots at him, of which he saved a bigger number than anyone else
and i think the defence is a group thing, theyve all been off their game a little, and this has affected the others. its CBs for letting people waltz through and take pot shots, nowt to do with their worries over marcus

i don't think its advisable to refer to the opta stats to back up ur argument

thats akin to saying groups that sell the most records are the best

the game is the game, not the stats

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 11 Dec 2007 16:37

Gus the teenage cow hence Man Knighted's(pun on Manc's pronunciation of their club and reference to Alex's Sirness, quite cleverly done if i do say so myself)

A bit laboured really Gus. And if you feel that you had to explain it, then it rather suggests that you don't think it's very good either.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 11 Dec 2007 16:39

Baines
Gus the teenage cow hence Man Knighted's(pun on Manc's pronunciation of their club and reference to Alex's Sirness, quite cleverly done if i do say so myself)

A bit laboured really Gus. And if you feel that you had to explain it, then it rather suggests that you don't think it's very good either.

I actually did think it was very good :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Dec 2007 16:39

Gus the teenage cow
brendywendy

erm.......... thats what i said :roll:

i was stating that he was top of the stats becuase he had alot of shots to stop, rather than becuase he was the best keeper, in reply to WSF mentioning the OPTA stats

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 11 Dec 2007 16:44

Gus the teenage cow

It's actually nothing like that, but carry on.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 11 Dec 2007 16:45

brendywendy
Gus the teenage cow
brendywendy

i was referring to the post of WSF so why the :roll:

:roll:

i was stating that he was top of the stats becuase he had alot of shots to stop, rather than becuase he was the best keeper, in reply to WSF mentioning the OPTA stats

yes i was referring to the post of WSF so why the :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Dec 2007 16:47

Gus the teenage cow
brendywendy
Gus the teenage cow
brendywendy

i was referring to the post of WSF so why the :roll:

yes i was referring to the post of WSF so why the :roll:

perhaps becuase you quoted me instead of WSF? :wink: :roll:
Last edited by brendywendy on 11 Dec 2007 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 11 Dec 2007 16:47

southbank1871
Gus the teenage cow

ok you make a better analogy, it'll do for the purposes of the endpoint as far as i'm concerned but carry on Einstein

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 11 Dec 2007 16:56

Gus the teenage cow
southbank1871
Gus the teenage cow

ok you make a better analogy, it'll do for the purposes of the endpoint as far as i'm concerned but carry on Einstein

If Marcus had been voted best keeper in the Premier League then that would be more akin to your analogy.

What's happened to you anyway Augustus? You've gone from being a thickie fisherman to just plain irritating.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 11 Dec 2007 17:14

southbank1871
Gus the teenage cow
southbank1871
Gus the teenage cow

If Marcus had been voted best keeper in the Premier League then that would be more akin to your analogy.

What's happened to you anyway Augustus? You've gone from being a thickie fisherman to just plain irritating.

I'd call that progression although my ultimate aim is to to espouse the grandeur, daring and authoritiveness of a Roman scholar :shock: :D :lol: :oops: :wink: :mrgreen:

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 11 Dec 2007 17:14

londinium

You still don't get it!

I know full well that he hasn't been great this season and I am the first to say that his kicking is normally awful and he doesn't come for enough crosses and he is slow off his line.

But the point is that I don't say any of that when he has a good game, as it just clouds the minds of others who didnt see the game in to thinking that 'Marcus was shit' again, when that is not the case.

He didn't have a good game - he had an ok game which is pretty much the best we have got out of him since the opening day of the season.

A bit worrying that you are wetting yourself over it!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2007 17:40

Rich@Eaststand
londinium

You still don't get it!

He didn't have a good game - he had an ok game which is pretty much the best we have got out of him since the opening day of the season.

A bit worrying that you are wetting yourself over it!

Balls, he put in a couple of cracking perfomances at the start of the season when the team were doing ok.