People applauding Sonko

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 02 Jan 2008 11:53

Jeffers217 I applauded Sonko because he was a big factor in us actually getting promoted in the first place. Yet again the crowd pissed me off yesterday with such a dull atmosphere and blame being branded everywhere. To focus on the ref is denying the fact we were outclassed yesterday in every department. It was a silly mistake from Sonks but people have short memories and he has helped us make history. He is low on confidence but still is by far our best centre back on his day. Leave him alone

Thought the atmosphere was good yesterday considering the circumstances. Large periods of 'Stevie Coppell's Barmy Army' was the highlight of the day yesterday in a game that we were never going to win.

Dover-royal

by Dover-royal » 02 Jan 2008 11:54

I think it was a joke that he was applauded. If anything he should have had a slow clap. How many Penalties has he given away? It is a joke? I stood up and clapped convey, and if i was BC i would have said something to Sonks in the Changing room...all be it after i was dressed and about to leave the changing room!

I could not clearly see the incident from where I was but i was all but certain that as it was Ibu it would have been a pen. Cant blame the ref or lineo for sending him off though...if he didnt do it they wouldnt have to make that decision.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 02 Jan 2008 12:10

Handsome Man Did Robin Friday once get applauded as he was sent off? I have a very confused childhood memory of it.

So do I but, as I recall, Mr Friday got applauded for just about everything post, circa, 1973.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Jan 2008 12:40

Dover-royal I think it was a joke that he was applauded. If anything he should have had a slow clap. How many Penalties has he given away? It is a joke? I stood up and clapped convey, and if i was BC i would have said something to Sonks in the Changing room...all be it after i was dressed and about to leave the changing room!

I could not clearly see the incident from where I was but i was all but certain that as it was Ibu it would have been a pen. Cant blame the ref or lineo for sending him off though...if he didnt do it they wouldnt have to make that decision.

Fishing Mong.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 03 Jan 2008 10:14

LUX
West Stand Flash
Jeffers217 I applauded Sonko because he was a big factor in us actually getting promoted in the first place. Yet again the crowd pissed me off yesterday with such a dull atmosphere and blame being branded everywhere. To focus on the ref is denying the fact we were outclassed yesterday in every department. It was a silly mistake from Sonks but people have short memories and he has helped us make history. He is low on confidence but still is by far our best centre back on his day. Leave him alone

TWAT

TWAT

Yeah, Sonko did it on purpose, course he did, stands to reason.

Support your fcking team and its players.

Yer I'm supporting the same team that GOT US TO THE F**KING PREMIERSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY. Sonko is the best centre back we've had in the past decade, minus perhaps Adie Williams and you can just turn on him like that? How long have you been supporting the club- obviousely not long if all you call say is Twat. He did not do it on purpose, he was outpaced by a quality striker who got the wrong side of him. Sending off, end of. Since Sonko has been back in the team we've picked up more points and actually gone on a decent run. I for one would much prefer him at the back than Duberry.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Jan 2008 10:35

just to be clear, I was calling WSF a TWAT, not you. I agree with your two posts. I never criticise any of our players (RTG through and through).

At least Flash's Dad is amusing.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 10:58

LUX just to be clear, I was calling WSF a TWAT, not you. I agree with your two posts. I never criticise any of our players (RTG through and through).

At least Flash's Dad is amusing.

Never criticise our players. How pathetic are you.
Take the glasses off & look at the bigger picture. If you want to clap a player who cost us the game with a reckless, childish tackle then by all means carry on.

I suspect you one of the fans that claps opposition goals & applauds our players after they got stuffed to Crystal Palace & Wimbledon at home a few years back.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jan 2008 11:02

West Stand Flash I suspect you one of the fans that claps opposition goals & applauds our players after they got stuffed to Crystal Palace & Wimbledon at home a few years back.

There is a difference with that. Applauding the opposition is not on. Applauding your own players is a big yes. So the people who clapped Wimbledon's third goal were cocks. But people who clapped Sonko, for at least making an effort to prevent a goal and by no fault of his own got sent off, are the good guys.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 11:05

SpaceCruiser
West Stand Flash I suspect you one of the fans that claps opposition goals & applauds our players after they got stuffed to Crystal Palace & Wimbledon at home a few years back.

There is a difference with that. Applauding the opposition is not on. Applauding your own players is a big yes. So the people who clapped Wimbledon's third goal were cocks. But people who clapped Sonko, for at least making an effort to prevent a goal and by no fault of his own got sent off, are the good guys.

But why?? Why would you applaud Sonko for doing what he did. It was a stupid challenge that he was NEVER going to win. It was clear to all that as soon as Benjani picked up the ball there was only one out come.

Sonko needed to be more intelligent & think about the situation. I'd have much preferred Sonko to not bring him down & at worst gone one nil down. Least we had 88 minutes to get back in to the game. As soon as that red card was brandished it was game over.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Jan 2008 11:53

Jeffers217
LUX
West Stand Flash

TWAT

TWAT

Yeah, Sonko did it on purpose, course he did, stands to reason.

Support your fcking team and its players.

Yer I'm supporting the same team that GOT US TO THE F**KING PREMIERSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY. Sonko is the best centre back we've had in the past decade, minus perhaps Adie Williams and you can just turn on him like that? How long have you been supporting the club- obviousely not long if all you call say is Twat. He did not do it on purpose, he was outpaced by a quality striker who got the wrong side of him. Sending off, end of. Since Sonko has been back in the team we've picked up more points and actually gone on a decent run. I for one would much prefer him at the back than Duberry.

Too true, some people either know no different, have short memories or are extremely unrealistic.

I 100% agree with you.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2008 12:16

I hope Sonko watched the Bolton game last night.
In identical circumstances the Bolton defender (obviously worried about a penalty/sending-off)got as close to the player as he could and the Derby forward ended up shooting straight at the keeper.

In Sonko's case at worst we would have been 1-0 with 87 minutes to play.
International defenders should be able to take a decision in a split second and it's not as if Sonko hasn't been penalised before-3 penalties in 4 games.
Like everyone else I hope he comes back, after a while away when he can think about his own game,ready for action and a bit more considered about the way he plays the game.Maybe his national coach will get through to him.

As for clapping him off-I'm in the "no" category because his stupidity cost us the game.
Nobody booed him so it showed that the fans haven't yet turned against him despite his dreadful recent performances, but to applaud him?
No.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 03 Jan 2008 12:20

Flyingkiwi
Handsome Man Did Robin Friday once get applauded as he was sent off? I have a very confused childhood memory of it.

So do I but, as I recall, Mr Friday got applauded for just about everything post, circa, 1973.

In the old days we would applaud someone who had been sent off if we thought either they didn't deserve it or they had been severely provoked (as in Friday's case).
This was clearly not applicable to Sonko.
FWIW I like Sonko and I am backing him to become an asset again when he has recovered his sharpness but I wouldn't like to put a time on when that might be. We can't leave him in the starting lineup meantime.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Jan 2008 12:45

Please don't waste so much effort on West Stand DickSplash - he really isn't worth it.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 13:11

Platypuss Please don't waste so much effort on West Stand DickSplash - he really isn't worth it.

Ah bless you taking special time to comment on me.
You a sad little man aren't you.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Jan 2008 13:36

West Stand Flash
Platypuss Please don't waste so much effort on West Stand DickSplash - he really isn't worth it.

It's 'You're'

Dick splash.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 03 Jan 2008 14:05

readingbedding
West Stand Flash

It's 'You're'

Dick splash.

...& we have others copying name calling. Bless you too.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Jan 2008 15:16

West Stand Flash
readingbedding
West Stand Flash

It's 'You're'

Dick splash.

...& we have others copying name calling. Bless you too.

Nope, still not making sense.