Play Simon Cox Please..............

137 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Play Simon Cox Please..............

by The whole year inn » 31 Jan 2008 21:59

Stranded One game doesn't prove anything either way though does it.

It that case all the Matejovsky hype should stop, and rightly so.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 31 Jan 2008 22:17

Simon don't be a COX and join that team of scumbags !!!!

Your apparently a Reading fan so join swindon Supermarine instead just to wind them up ! They are likely and hopefully going to go bust in the next year anyway. Northamptons much nicer

Boo Swindon, Boo !!!!

Just look what the Red Filth did for Curetons careers, don't do it !!!!!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 31 Jan 2008 22:20

OS "..the deal will conclude our involvement in the January transfer window"

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 31 Jan 2008 22:30

Just what the hell is going on at Reading, near the bottom of the league, struggling to put two performances together, no creditable proven players coming on and what is the point of having the expense of an academy when all it does is find players for the lower league clubs, we are a total farce who obviously dont want to be in the Premiership, its a pity it doesnt mean as much to the owner and management of the team as it does to the supporters !!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 31 Jan 2008 22:33

howser Just what the hell is going on at Reading, near the bottom of the league, struggling to put two performances together, no creditable preven players coming on and what is the point of having the expense of an academy when all it does is find players for the lower league clubs, we are a total farce who obviously dont want to be in the Premiership, its a pity it doesnt mean as much to the owner and management of the team as it does to ME!!

Please don't drag the rest of the support in. I disagree with every Inference, word, vowel and letter of your statement. Case Preven (sic)

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 31 Jan 2008 22:42

This is just criminal. Are you on your break from football already Sir Steve??????

FFS! What is Cox's problem?

Taking too long to adjust to the English game?
Can't speak English?
Injured?
Or is it just that he's not on your list of favourites?????

Jesus H Christ - would he have stood a better chance if he'd changed his name to, oh I don't know ..... John Oster????

In the 45 mins v Spurs he displayed more skill, enthusiasm and desire than Oster has in his entire RFC career, AND more than Boby Convey has done this season.

Your halo is slipping Sir Steve. It really is. What about Pearce and Henry? Oh wait, they've been loaned out to Norwich "to gain experience".

Wonder if we'll ever see them in a Royals shirt again????

oxf*rd shit, i am REALLY pissed off now. Sir Steve has lost it big time, signing an injured non-English speaking French 2nd divison player, whilst selling one of our few real Academy prospects who has already shown he's up to teh task. oxf*rd me, what must the rest of the Academy think?????

Next time Chelsea or Spurs come knocking at James Henry's door, what do youthink he'll do??? Be off like a shot I'd guess. He'll have as about as much chance of breaking into their first team as he will have ours!!!!

oxf*rd CHRIST Coppell!!!!!

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 31 Jan 2008 22:46

RoyalBlue
Row Z Royal He's close to joining SWINDON on a permanent deal.

He's local and that's great, but he's not good enough for this level.

I'd love to know how the club appear to be arriving at that decision when he has had precious little opportunity to show what he can do at this level and, on the occasions that he has, has received pretty good feedback from fans and media.

Maybe it's another training ground selection issue.

If we signed a player with Cox's profile from another club, you'd be the first to deride it as hopelessly unambitious.

Rusty royal

Re: **Breaking News on Official Site ***

by Rusty royal » 31 Jan 2008 22:54

The office light have now been switch off and all the staff have gone home

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 31 Jan 2008 22:56

Makes me puke, what the fecking hell is the point of our academy if our youth is never given any proper first team opportunities, are you telling me John Oster is better than Henry ? and what chance has Cox had on the pitch to show his worth ( what strikers on the bench for us last night :roll: )

repeated moan

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Jan 2008 22:56

Nice reply XO.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2008 23:00

I've heard that in Madejski's house the lights are on but there's no-one home.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2008 23:08

Xavier Onassis
RoyalBlue
Row Z Royal He's close to joining SWINDON on a permanent deal.

He's local and that's great, but he's not good enough for this level.

I'd love to know how the club appear to be arriving at that decision when he has had precious little opportunity to show what he can do at this level and, on the occasions that he has, has received pretty good feedback from fans and media.

Maybe it's another training ground selection issue.

If we signed a player with Cox's profile from another club, you'd be the first to deride it as hopelessly unambitious.

:lol:

Well said that man!

Perhaps, just perhaps Kebe is a better prospect than Cox?

I find it funny that we've never heard of this guy and all of a sudden on the back of a few minutes' performance we think he's the answer to our prayers and now we're fuming that he's gone.

WTF!??????

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Jan 2008 23:16

I don't see all the fuss. Cox is now 20/21, by that age he should have pushed through if good enough. Granted he may have not had enough chances under the current regime but he was out of contract at the end of the season, we've recieved a fee and probably inserted a future sell on percentage. He wanted 1st team football, we couldn't offer that and it's a deal that suits all parties.

Good luck Coxy, but he stood very little chance the day we were promoted and the standard needed subsequently rose.

Upper West?!?

by Upper West?!? » 31 Jan 2008 23:31

Nathan Tyson, Darius Henderson, Simon Cox ..... see a pattern? Simon may go on to score goals in the lower leagues, but if it was in him to be a Preimership striker, we'd know it by now.

I remember when Defoe was on loan in the old second division, and he came up to Reading and tore us apart. During that loan spell, he scored over a goal a game. If Cox had the talent to be a Premiership striker, he would have shown it. One goal per two or three games in the third tier does not a Premiership striker make.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Jan 2008 23:45

Upper West?!? One goal per two or three games in the third tier does not a Premiership striker make.

Tell that to Kitson.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 31 Jan 2008 23:46

I think it's about time he moved on. Good luck to him.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Feb 2008 00:01

2 world wars, 1 world cup I've heard that in Madejski's house the lights are on but there's no-one home.

:o

:lol:

Run for cover!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 01 Feb 2008 00:07

I do think a lot of the adverse comments on here are not as to whether Cox would have made it or not its the fact that we, who were "going to do our buisiness in January"or, we who will "do our buisiness in the close season", again havent we are becoming the ebineezers of the Prem not prepared to buy proven, experienced Prem players, instead we buy players who, we dont or cant play for what ever reason and have played half the season with a team that is of very obvious lesser quality than the championship winning side. Extremely disappointing, we might just stay up this year but they have got to get their act together if the club intend to stay there any longer, there might be a determination within the club, but I for one am not convinced.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 01 Feb 2008 00:16

The player who showed good potential but wasn't given a chance! :evil:

RFC Youth Academy = Waste of money!

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 01 Feb 2008 00:18

strap This is just criminal. Are you on your break from football already Sir Steve??????

FFS! What is Cox's problem?

Taking too long to adjust to the English game?
Can't speak English?
Injured?
Or is it just that he's not on your list of favourites?????

Jesus H Christ - would he have stood a better chance if he'd changed his name to, oh I don't know ..... John Oster????

In the 45 mins v Spurs he displayed more skill, enthusiasm and desire than Oster has in his entire RFC career, AND more than Boby Convey has done this season.

Your halo is slipping Sir Steve. It really is. What about Pearce and Henry? Oh wait, they've been loaned out to Norwich "to gain experience".

Wonder if we'll ever see them in a Royals shirt again????

oxf*rd shit, i am REALLY pissed off now. Sir Steve has lost it big time, signing an injured non-English speaking French 2nd divison player, whilst selling one of our few real Academy prospects who has already shown he's up to teh task. oxf*rd me, what must the rest of the Academy think?????

Next time Chelsea or Spurs come knocking at James Henry's door, what do youthink he'll do??? Be off like a shot I'd guess. He'll have as about as much chance of breaking into their first team as he will have ours!!!!

oxf*rd CHRIST Coppell!!!!!

hate to admit it... but agreed! :evil:

RFC Youth Academy = Waste of money!

137 posts