Steve Coppell

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Steve Coppell

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Feb 2008 20:05

I'd have a lot more respect for any fan of a shit club if they'd have hung around during the latter stages of our record breaking season and subsequent initial premier league campaign.

Biting or not, it had to be said.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 04 Feb 2008 20:09

i did and i am and as a paying season ticket holder have a right to say what i think

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 Feb 2008 20:36

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY We are in affluent area, premiership club, great infrastructure - you tell me why we havent been snapped up whilst every other club for sale has been??? American investors choosing clubs like Derby over us??? something isnt right

perhaps being a bigger club than us helps. They are rubbish, and their fans knew in every probability they'd be rubbish pre-season, yet they average over 32,000. Run properly, they are a better bet than a club that's highest ever average is 9000 below that figure (an only have one crowd above that figure in their entire history), and would need expensive stadium expension to even have the chance of getting near it.

It never ceases to amaze me that fans don't realise that in the premiership's financial terms, were are the equivalent of perhaps Barnsley in the championship.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 05 Feb 2008 00:04

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY We are in affluent area, premiership club, great infrastructure - you tell me why we havent been snapped up whilst every other club for sale has been??? American investors choosing clubs like Derby over us??? something isnt right

perhaps being a bigger club than us helps. They are rubbish, and their fans knew in every probability they'd be rubbish pre-season, yet they average over 32,000. Run properly, they are a better bet than a club that's highest ever average is 9000 below that figure (an only have one crowd above that figure in their entire history), and would need expensive stadium expension to even have the chance of getting near it.

It never ceases to amaze me that fans don't realise that in the premiership's financial terms, were are the equivalent of perhaps Barnsley in the championship.

I couldn't have put that better myself.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 Feb 2008 07:46

I know what we need, a bigger stadium.