Bikey

162 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Bikey

by Dirk Gently » 07 Feb 2008 20:19

That is absolutely unbelieveable! He was too far away to have heard something said - so what on earth possessed him?

readingtillidie

by readingtillidie » 07 Feb 2008 20:22

Dirk Gently That is absolutely unbelieveable! He was too far away to have heard something said - so what on earth possessed him?

Totally agree what an idiot not only has he let him self down

but sadley rfc and not for the first time and I am sure not for the last :cry:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Feb 2008 20:23

How bizarre.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 07 Feb 2008 20:23

Joking aside he could be in serious trouble, that looked really bad.

If FIFA get involved, which you'd imagine they'd love to. I fear what could happen. We really need Bikey, an injury or two at the back on top of a big Bikey ban. Could be good night.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 07 Feb 2008 20:24

CMRoyal
Royal Lady Although I've not seen this incident and do not condone violence in any way, could it not possibly have been the case that Bikey was concerned that just picking Song up and moving him onto the trolley doodah might have been a good idea dependent on Song's injury?

How can I put this?

There were at least three or four Cameroon players closer to the incident who I am sure would have expressed that view verbally.

Seriously, Bikey had a good old run up to the shove, he started out far enough away to be in no position to judge the extent of Song's injury. Some prior consultation would have been politic.

I'm not exaggerating - this was one of the most stupid things I've ever seen a player do. Highly highly embarrassing to Bikey, Cameroon and - I'm afraid to say - our beloved club.

OK, I did get a bit of the detail wrong - the medic didn't quite fly 10 metres, and there was only one (I think) Cameroonian closer to the medics than Bikey. Still doesn't make it any less awful, and Garth Crooks absolutely slammed into Bikey afterwards, saying (and I paraphrase) that Cameroon are better off without loose cannons with previous who could go off any minute like that! :oops: Just glad they didn't mention which club he plays for...

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 07 Feb 2008 20:30

The Cameroon physio seems to be having an argument with one one the stewards. (not a paramedic who drives a convertable golf buggy). To me it looks like the home nation stewards were trying to manhandle song off the pitch well into stoppage time.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2008 20:31

He only pushed him ffs it's not like it was GBH.

I've not seen how far he ran only from the moment of the shove, and it was forcefull, but you lot do seem to be overstating things a bit. He could do that 100 times and the guy he shoved wouldn't get hurt.

Stupid, red card and serious word needed, but I'd like to hear from Bikey why he did it. And as long as he doesn't do it again I honestly don't see why you're getting out the rope and looking for the lynching tree.

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 07 Feb 2008 20:31

CMRoyal
CMRoyal
OK, I did get a bit of the detail wrong - the medic didn't quite fly 10 metres, and there was only one (I think) Cameroonian closer to the medics than Bikey. Still doesn't make it any less awful, and Garth Crooks absolutely slammed into Bikey afterwards, saying (and I paraphrase) that Cameroon are better off without loose cannons with previous who could go off any minute like that! :oops: Just glad they didn't mention which club he plays for...

Just the sort of incident pcunts like Garth Crooks thrive on. As much as what Bikey did was utterly ridiculous, it just gives the ammo for Crooks to give his "i'm the cleverest bloke in the world" comments and sit there like he's some sort of great philosopher. Worst Pundit EVER.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2008 20:31

pooandwee The Cameroon physio seems to be having an argument with one one the stewards. (not a paramedic who drives a convertable golf buggy). To me it looks like the home nation stewards were trying to manhandle song off the pitch well into stoppage time.

A voice of reason!

Get Carter

by Get Carter » 07 Feb 2008 20:37

At least Bikey has some passion in him - we need to bottle it and give it to about six of our under-performing players :wink:

readingtillidie

by readingtillidie » 07 Feb 2008 20:38

Get Carter At least Bikey has some passion in him - we need to bottle it and give it to about six of our under-performing players :wink:

TRUE!!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 07 Feb 2008 20:41

Ian Royal He only pushed him ffs it's not like it was GBH.

I've not seen how far he ran only from the moment of the shove, and it was forcefull, but you lot do seem to be overstating things a bit. He could do that 100 times and the guy he shoved wouldn't get hurt.

Stupid, red card and serious word needed, but I'd like to hear from Bikey why he did it. And as long as he doesn't do it again I honestly don't see why you're getting out the rope and looking for the lynching tree.

It does look a lot worse than it prob was. But still the image is him pushing over a guy not involved in the match. You just can't put your hands on someone not involved in the game.

Like I said looks worse than it was, but it's how it looks that will be his problem.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 07 Feb 2008 20:46

Just seen on Eurosport that Bikey is claiming the steward said; "Get up you black bastard!"

Fair play to him I say! Racism has no place in sport.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 07 Feb 2008 20:47

What an idiot.

I can see an extended ban being enforced by FIFA for this. The only similar incident I can think of is the Di Canio push on whatshisface the Ref.

How long did he get banned for that one?

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 07 Feb 2008 20:59

I've just watched that incident, now that's quality.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2008 21:00

Ups and Downs Just seen on Eurosport that Bikey is claiming the steward said; "Get up you black bastard!"

Er, wasn't the guy he pushed over black?

M0J0

by M0J0 » 07 Feb 2008 21:01

kingstonRoyal
Remeber Eric Cantona?

don't think the Cantona incident is a very good simile, he had already been red carded and was walking along the touchline on his way to the dug out when he launched into the Palace fans.

not the same as attacking a steward/stretcher bearer whilst still "in play"

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Feb 2008 21:02

ffs :cry:

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 07 Feb 2008 21:04

Why the tears, if he's your saviour, then see you next season.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Feb 2008 21:07

Ian Royal
Ups and Downs Just seen on Eurosport that Bikey is claiming the steward said; "Get up you black bastard!"

Er, wasn't the guy he pushed over black?

No I think he may have been a fish.

162 posts