Who should be captain if Murts is dropped?

Who should be captain if Murts is dropped?

Ingi
16%
Harps
23%
Duberry
3%
Hahnemann
1%
Hunty
39%
Sonks
2%
Shorey
2%
Kitson
13%

Total votes: 92
Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who should be captain if Murts is dropped?

by Wax Jacket » 26 Feb 2008 12:02

SpaceCruiser
Geekins I don't think Murty will be dropped in all honesty. He played well on Sunday and was one of a few who went into every challenge for the ball no not shying away from it.

But he did go missing in midfield when they broke away for the second goal, leaving Harewood unmarked and free to place the ball beyond Hahnemann. In his defence though, he was limping from a challenge.

:| he was limping from going charging into midfield to fail to make a challenge that led directly to the goal.

FWIW I don't think Murty will be dropped anyway - when he's missed games in the past the defence has lost its shape and taken a few games to right itself. Murts is the leader and organiser of the defence.

anyway my answer would be Federici as it would mean the agoraphobic Hahanemann isn't stuck in that 6 yd box

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 26 Feb 2008 12:03

Archie's penalty It seems like the popular choice is Hunty. Interesting to see Harper shading Inga when many people have been calling for him to be dropped!

I am very interested to see if Murts is in the team on sat...

Stephen Hunt is so good at everything why don't we try to get him appointed as manager as well? :cry:
Our so called player of the season hasn't turned up since Christmas and so many of you (apart from the sensible Platypuss and AP)want him to be our captain-priceless.(Headless chicken shows everybody else what to do)
See you in The Championship where he will still have 3 years to run on £25,000 per week.
No wonder the club cannot afford to extend the stadium and that £6million transfer fee would have gone a long way towards it and with the saving in future earnings of about £4million the total of £10million would have gone even further and we could readily have called one of the areas the Stephen Hunt stand.

Nothing personal Hunty but you haven't done anything in these 8 defeats to warrant us turning down £6million and giving you the lengthy contract with a significant increase over the increase that you already had in the summer.
If you can somehow single-handedly keep us up (after all Coppell wanted 11 Stephen Hunts to play in these 8 lost games)I will love you forever.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Feb 2008 12:17

BR2
Archie's penalty It seems like the popular choice is Hunty. Interesting to see Harper shading Inga when many people have been calling for him to be dropped!

I am very interested to see if Murts is in the team on sat...

Stephen Hunt is so good at everything why don't we try to get him appointed as manager as well? :cry:
Our so called player of the season hasn't turned up since Christmas and so many of you (apart from the sensible Platypuss and AP)want him to be our captain-priceless.(Headless chicken shows everybody else what to do)
See you in The Championship where he will still have 3 years to run on £25,000 per week.
No wonder the club cannot afford to extend the stadium and that £6million transfer fee would have gone a long way towards it and with the saving in future earnings of about £4million the total of £10million would have gone even further and we could readily have called one of the areas the Stephen Hunt stand.

Nothing personal Hunty but you haven't done anything in these 8 defeats to warrant us turning down £6million and giving you the lengthy contract with a significant increase over the increase that you already had in the summer.
If you can somehow single-handedly keep us up (after all Coppell wanted 11 Stephen Hunts to play in these 8 lost games)I will love you forever.

I voted for Duberry btw and if you read the thread I have been saying Hunty wouldn't be a good choice. HTH

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 26 Feb 2008 12:19

Samrfc01 I think Hunt

He has been arguably our best player this season and was a good captain in the cup and always gives everything and runs for 90 minutes. He also seems to be popular among the players so this will help.

He is also a popular figure among the supporters which also helps. I also feel he wouldnt be afraid to shout at people.

Although i know that coppel wouldnt do this.

LOL. You cannot be serious.

Hunt gets upset too much. Captain is supposed to control the rest of the team.

Also, never agree with a forward or winger being captain.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 26 Feb 2008 12:25

[quote="MartinRdg"]Hunt gets upset too much.[img]

Good. It shows he gives a f uck.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Feb 2008 12:40

Skin
MartinRdg Hunt gets upset too much.[img]

Good. It shows he gives a f uck.

It shows he can't control himself.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Feb 2008 13:52

Wax Jacket
SpaceCruiser
Geekins I don't think Murty will be dropped in all honesty. He played well on Sunday and was one of a few who went into every challenge for the ball no not shying away from it.

But he did go missing in midfield when they broke away for the second goal, leaving Harewood unmarked and free to place the ball beyond Hahnemann. In his defence though, he was limping from a challenge.

:| he was limping from going charging into midfield to fail to make a challenge that led directly to the goal.

Yes, that's what I was saying.