Shane Long......

mini _dariusz

Re: Shane Long......

by mini _dariusz » 16 Mar 2008 11:57

Love all this brush it under the carpet bollocks. Any other player, any other club......... :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Mar 2008 12:00

To be fair to Long, he does appear to have apologised for his actions, almost immediately after the game. He'll have learned not to do it again. End of now really.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 16 Mar 2008 13:21

I'm just glad we're all perfect in every way, glass houses and all that! :shock:

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Mar 2008 14:10

I quite liked the whole incident. Long came across as somebody who cares and Coppell seemed a bit like Brian Clough, with his enigmatic 'he won't do it again' answer.

EastStandRoyal

by EastStandRoyal » 16 Mar 2008 14:27

Have literally just clicked the Post Reply button, havent really read other peoples thoughts but whoever Shane Long was angry at, he should have never thrown that blue & white hooped shirt onto the ground.

Hes a professional, he should hold in his anger, the last thing he should do is throw the oxf*rd shirt on the ground. After everything we've done to that lad, given him his chance, he goes and throws it on the ground because of the linesman? Silly silly boy!

He shouldnt take it for granted, playing at Anfield and throws the shirt! Theres thousands of RFC fans that would die to play at Anfield for there beloved club.

Shane Long has gone down in my opinion, a very stupid action and I hope he pays the price!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 16 Mar 2008 14:35

I can see his frustration but he should have never done what he did. But he has good character and I'm sure he can bounce back next week.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 16 Mar 2008 14:56

Shane Long has gone down in my opinion, a very stupid action and I hope he pays the price![/quote]

How much exactly do you think is appropriate? and I consider myself a fan, but I wouldn't choose to die for my team anyway, never mind Anfield, get real! :wink:

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Mar 2008 15:31

EastStandRoyal Have literally just clicked the Post Reply button, havent really read other peoples thoughts but whoever Shane Long was angry at, he should have never thrown that blue & white hooped shirt onto the ground.

Hes a professional, he should hold in his anger, the last thing he should do is throw the oxf*rd shirt on the ground. After everything we've done to that lad, given him his chance, he goes and throws it on the ground because of the linesman? Silly silly boy!

He shouldnt take it for granted, playing at Anfield and throws the shirt! Theres thousands of RFC fans that would die to play at Anfield for there beloved club.

Shane Long has gone down in my opinion, a very stupid action and I hope he pays the price!

I don't understand.
It's only a shirt. This is the real world not a film.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Mar 2008 15:35

fuc*ing hell what an overreaction

he was upset, frustrated, and has since apologised

FFS, how about we just concentrate on the good performance of the team yesterday instead of whining on about an irrelevant piece of inexperienced petulance

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Mar 2008 15:50

Seemingly out of character, must have been very annoyed.
Never, ever seen a Reading player do that.

Can't imagine that any player would do that except for severe frustration.

That's two things in the past two games that I have never seen before.

Next week, a Kitson hatrick in the Prem?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Mar 2008 16:02

I wish Coppell got as animated at his team's non-existant defending for the winner yestetday as he did at Shane's strop, perhaps then we might not be staring relegation in the face :x

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Mar 2008 16:12

We may well be staring relegation in the face, but we're smiling because we're going to be a'ok...

Something did happen on the pitch, because Harper immediatley turned to the bench and gave the sign to sub him, which they did.
Long proceeded to walk slowly to the bench, gave the fans a clap, shook his head then chucked his top away.
Coppell then dived in quickly to where he sat to give him a few choice words about that action.

Oh yeah, all managers would die of a massive heart attack if they performed emotional remonstrations every time a mistake happened.
Players know when they have phucked up, what's the point of a Manager (who apart from me should be the coolest person in the whole ground) ranting and raving kicking water bottles and Physio bags around just so some fans can get a big old boner about it thinking to themselves...'Blimey, Coppell does care...'

Well he does care, he wouldn't be there if he didn't.

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 16 Mar 2008 16:24

EastStandRoyal

You sound just like Mike Bassett there mate. :lol:

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 16 Mar 2008 17:28

floyd__streete I wish Coppell got as animated at his team's non-existant defending for the winner yestetday as he did at Shane's strop, perhaps then we might not be staring relegation in the face :x

If you've seen the analysis on MOTD you'd know that it was very good play by Torres and not bad defending. That's why he's worth more than our whole squad, but people seem to forget that sometimes.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 16 Mar 2008 17:30

BBC Sport 1726: Robbie Keane is furious as Juande Ramos takes him off and replaces him with Darren Bent. Keane is handed a substitutes' coat but he throws it on the floor in disgust.

This is unacceptable behaviour. Keane was annoyed Ramos took him off. Long was annoyed at his own performance and the officials.

Case closed, please...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Mar 2008 17:31

floyd__streete I wish Coppell got as animated at his team's non-existant defending for the winner yestetday as he did at Shane's strop, perhaps then we might not be staring relegation in the face :x

I thought you were intelligent :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Mar 2008 17:38

Gordons Cumming

I thought you were intelligent :shock:

What's wrong with that? The defending was very poor, regardless of whether the free kick should have been awarded or not.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Mar 2008 17:40

Similarly I've read about how rubbish Oster and Long were...that maybe the case, everyone knows Oster isn't really good enough however, he didn't cost Reading the game at all.

I'd be slightly more miffed at Hunt's abysmal attempt to 'tackle' Mascherano before he fired in an excellent equaliser and also as you say whoever was supposed to be marking their main aerial threat from a set piece.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Mar 2008 17:56

bikey was marking torres
torres lead him round the box before the ball came in, walked him into a crowd of players, then darted round so bikey couldnt follow, ivar saw the danger and went to follow, bikey got out of the culdesac and followed too but the pinpoint ball and torres were too quick for both, want bad defending, just great movement and intelligence

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Mar 2008 18:00

brendywendy bikey was marking torres
torres lead him round the box before the ball came in, walked him into a crowd of players, then darted round so bikey couldnt follow, ivar saw the danger and went to follow, bikey got out of the culdesac and followed too but the pinpoint ball and torres were too quick for both, want bad defending, just great movement and intelligence

Agreed, sometimes you have to accept you were outfoxed by two vastly superior players , in this case Gerrard & Torres.