Back from the game.....

earleyroyal

Re: Back from the game.....

by earleyroyal » 26 Apr 2008 23:41

Row Z Royal
rfcjoe
Row Z Royal Were you on Coach 7, rfcjoe?

My back from the game: Good point, shit game. That'll do.

No mate,drove up. :D

Thank god for that. I was about to kill you.

I was the one in the yellow shirt, if you were at the back.

I was about 2 seats behind you and I know how you feel :evil: Just as I was about to go to sleep, another 'hilarious' chorus from our resident stand-up comedian.

Did enjoy the 7-year old Wigan chavs throwing stones at their own coach though! :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Apr 2008 23:46

earleyroyal I was about 2 seats behind you and I know how you feel :evil: Just as I was about to go to sleep, another 'hilarious' chorus from our resident stand-up comedian.

Did enjoy the 7-year old Wigan chavs throwing stones at their own coach though! :lol:

They were a poor advert for Wigan, if one was needed.

The idiots on the bus were, it's fair to say, the worst beings to inhabit the world. Ever. They clearly had no understanding that loud noise + enclosed space = NIGHTMARE.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 26 Apr 2008 23:54

rfcjoe Poor game in all fairness.Never looked like scoring, neither did they though.Two spotted's for me today!They were :Willz and AP :D
After the game I was also interviewed by ITV Meridian. :D

The fans today at the back where i was were brilliant!

i get classed as someone worth spotting? WOW, the day gets better 8) thanks :D

spotted you too

our fans were brilliant today i thought. Really loud when we needed to be, but the game did lull in parts, causing the atmosphere to lull too. Bikey is just a beast, but his game is going to be ruined if we get a ref like that every week. Harper ok, Kitson good, and so was Lita and USA, but all the rest were just DUMP really. Thank god for the entertainment off the pitch (TROLI, barge etc) otherwise it would've been a pretty crap waste of time.

All in all, we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, as we are bound to sneak a goal soon, shirely?

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 26 Apr 2008 23:59

Row Z Royal
earleyroyal I was about 2 seats behind you and I know how you feel :evil: Just as I was about to go to sleep, another 'hilarious' chorus from our resident stand-up comedian.

They were a poor advert for Wigan, if one was needed.

The idiots on the bus were, it's fair to say, the worst beings to inhabit the world. Ever. They clearly had no understanding that loud noise + enclosed space = NIGHTMARE.

'greed, if you post on this site and you were the joker responsible for the hilarious Yogi Bear, fast food and Balamory renditions, please cut your voicebox out.

The only other entertaining thing about the day was seeing a man with a giant belly in the standing section, and when I say giant I mean giant :shock:

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 27 Apr 2008 00:07

Spotted = Row Z , TROLI , Heathrow, Compo , Willz , RG6 Royal, The Cat

Sad. Oh well.

My view, good point, awful game, strange subs. Would have put Doyle onto the left and taken Hunt off, would also have gone 4-3-3 and played Lita, Long and Kitson and taken off Harper.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 27 Apr 2008 00:08

Oh, and to the tw@t stadning next to me. It isn't funny to sit there and goad the Wigan fans for being "oxf*rd northen oxf*rd twats" for 90 minutes when some of us are trying to watch the game.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 27 Apr 2008 00:32

willz_royal
rfcjoe Poor game in all fairness.Never looked like scoring, neither did they though.Two spotted's for me today!They were :Willz and AP :D
After the game I was also interviewed by ITV Meridian. :D

The fans today at the back where i was were brilliant!

i get classed as someone worth spotting? WOW, the day gets better 8) thanks :D

spotted you too

our fans were brilliant today i thought. Really loud when we needed to be, but the game did lull in parts, causing the atmosphere to lull too. Bikey is just a beast, but his game is going to be ruined if we get a ref like that every week. Harper ok, Kitson good, and so was Lita and USA, but all the rest were just DUMP really. Thank god for the entertainment off the pitch (TROLI, barge etc) otherwise it would've been a pretty crap waste of time.

All in all, we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, as we are bound to sneak a goal soon, shirely?

Haha,at one point our eyes locked.Ghey I know!

What did I look like then just to make sure you've got the right person?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Apr 2008 01:10

Bikey "immense" in midfield, eh................... I wonder why no one thought of that before..........................over to you, Steve.

Sydneyroyal

by Sydneyroyal » 27 Apr 2008 01:21

Apologies, but only watched on TV so can't comment with the authority that comes from someone distracted by big bellies and kids throwing stones at the opposition coaching staff - however, thought Kits was really excellent - good work rate and some really wonderful touches that his teamamtes couldn't always capitalise on. Patches of the "worst game ever" - especially first 10 minutes. The pitch made it difficult, but still local park stuff. Then Reading settled and looked the better team, even good enough to stay up. Good to see Shorey playing better and more confidently. Would also like to see Check Mate playing alongside Bikey against Spurs.
Did Coppell buy players this year for a team in the Championship next year? Still can't get my head around buying players who he doesn't play.

by 1960 » 27 Apr 2008 10:09

On Sky Le Tissier said there had been a handball in the Wigan area and the ref didn't give it. Noboby on here has mentioned it. Can anyone who was at the match confirm? Maybe it was at the other end and difficult to see.

I ask because small things like this affect the whole future of teams. Carrick handballs, the ref gives it and Chelsea have a chance of the title, which was impossible a few minutes before. Whereas a Wigan defender handballs, not given and Reading go down (possibly).

Of course MOTD didn't show it.
Last edited by 1960 on 27 Apr 2008 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Apr 2008 10:17

Was a predictably terrible game between two poor sides, beforehand a point would have been decent but results elsewhere didn't really go that well for us. Bham blowing a 2 goal lead was great but before yesterday they'd have been delighted to get a point from Liverpool. Coppell made a few changes, I didn't understand Little not playing and especially Convey. But otherwise happy with the selection.

Duberry was immense at the back, Bikey very very good in midfield especially next to the utterly pointless Harper whose dithering nearly cost us a goal in the last mins. Hunt was rubbish again which after Convey's showing last week was annoying to say the least. Doyle ineffective but now those reasons are out understandble, I would question Coppell's decision to start him.

We never looked like scoring and that's the massive worry, unless we start scoring goals we'll go down, simple as that. Kirkland had virtually nothing to do in goal all game, HAd Matejovsky, Convey and Little played then who knows.

Good

Hahnemann
Shorey
Duberry MOM
Bikey - Midfield as well and he was 10x better than Harper
Lita - lively on his return, got great support, thought he looked sharp

Dump

Hunt
Harper
Rosenior
Doyle - got a valid excuse this week

Indifferent

The rest

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Apr 2008 10:44

I think we'll see a rather different side for Tottenham.

Yesterday was all about playing a big, physical Wigan team on a crap pitch, in a match we couldn't afford to lose.

Some of us have seen Bikey and Marek as a real possibily ever since the latter arrived and I think it's going to happen on Saturday.

If Coppell decides to risk lightening his midfield any further, in order to add some much needed creativity, I think he'll opt for Little rather than Convey......................Hunt has been pants going forward lately but I'd sooner had have him rather than Bobby in front of Shorey if they've got Lennon to deal with.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Apr 2008 10:50

Woodcote Royal I think we'll see a rather different side for Tottenham.

Yesterday was all about playing a big, physical Wigan team on a crap pitch, in a match we couldn't afford to lose.

Some of us have seen Bikey and Marek as a real possibily ever since the latter arrived and I think it's going to happen on Saturday.

If Coppell decides to risk lightening his midfield any further, in order to add some much needed creativity, I think he'll opt fot Little rather than Convey......................Hunt has been pants going forward but I'd sooner had have him than Bobby in front of Shorey if they've got Lennon to deal with.

Good post from AP and in fairness to you Woodcote you were one of the first to see Bikey in central midfield. He really should have been playing there or at least centre back a lot lot earlier than March(odd match earlier in the season excepted).
I'm not sure about your Hunt comment as he really seems to be woeful at the moment. Convey is lightweight but seemed fired up against Arsenal and I would like to see him and Little on opposite flanks as it worked so well two years ago.
Whatever selection Coppell makes I do hope he starts with Little as we desperately lack creativity and have got to start scoring and fast.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Apr 2008 11:04

Either way, it looks like our midfield is about to get a much needed make over and it will be very interesting to see Coppell's team for next week.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Apr 2008 11:18

FAO Kids: Spotteds AT football don't count.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 27 Apr 2008 11:59

Predictably poor game where it looked like a deflection of the shin would win it if anything.

Really enjoyed being able to stand at the back for the whole game,and not get pestered by the stewards once to sit down. Support was really good considering the game.Spotted Row Z but got murked :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Apr 2008 12:04

Royalshow Predictably poor game where it looked like a deflection of the shin would win it if anything.

Really enjoyed being able to stand at the back for the whole game,and not get pestered by the stewards once to sit down. Support was really good considering the game.Spotted Row Z but got murked :lol:

:oops: I remember. You're a little taller than when I last saw you, mind.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 27 Apr 2008 13:10

Readingfanman Oh, and to the tw@t stadning next to me. It isn't funny to sit there and goad the Wigan fans for being "oxf*rd northen oxf*rd twats" for 90 minutes when some of us are trying to watch the game.

No. He should have been standing. What a c unter.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Apr 2008 13:24

Thought we deserved our point and played ok. SC got it tactically spot on with the exception of Doyle (not for the personal reasons, generally he was dump as a winger). The 2 stand out players were Duberry and Bikey, and it was nice to see a contrasting style from Bikey in the midfield after his poor display at Blackburn earlier in the season, but he broke up play yesterday and was threading through neat effective passes.

The front 2 worked well and if ever you wanted to see a player being "match fit" then you only had to see Lita's performance yesterday compared to his last game before his loan spell. Yesterday he looked lively, busy and him and Kitson linked up well and gave Wigan a couple of problems.

Initial thought for next Saturday, as SC each game is different and demands it's own tactical approach. Spurs are quick and youthful, but are liable to concede goals. As the home side we have to attack and go for the win, we can't rely on draws given our goal difference is the worst around.

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 27 Apr 2008 13:32

Thought Coppell got it spot on with Doyle as well - granted he was limited going forward, but offered a lot more defensively than Little who clearly isn't match fit and didn't always track back.