Matejovsky
Lita
Kitson

Fed
Ivar
Little
Harper
Long

Call me old-fashioned, but I think we really ought to play 11 men against Spurs!!

Oops forgot to put Convey in. On balance I think you might be right :oops:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Team for Tottenham

by londinium » 28 Apr 2008 16:47

Marcus

Murts Ivar Doobs Shorey

Convey Matty Harps Hunt

Lita Kits

As much as I would like to see Little play, he would get ripped apart defensively and although we need to score Spurs are a very good team going forward as we well know and can rip most teams with no pace apart. Defensively Spurs are cack and we should get chances without having the most creative of players on the pitch. I would like to see Bikey in there ahead of Harps as I think he is in great form at the moment, as much as people slag Harper off he does actually marshal the midfield, something Bikey cannot do. It is not always 100% about your own game but sometimes ensuring others are doing the right thng too.

Maybe Bikey playing off of Kits would be ideal and drop Lita, we know Bikey can score and his will and determination is sky high at the moment, would love to see him be allowed to surge forward on runs.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Apr 2008 16:48

Coppelled Streets ------------------------ Doyle -------------------------

Doyle ------- Doyle ------------- Doyle ------- Doyle

-------- Doyle -------- Doyle -------- Doyle ---------

------------------------ Doyle -------------------------

---------------- Doyle -------- Doyle -----------------
This actually raises an interesting question, pace Lux. If you had to put out a team of clones of one RFC player, who would be the best choice? For me, although it would be scary team in more senses the one, it would have to be Bikey.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 28 Apr 2008 17:13

londinium Marcus

Murts Ivar Doobs Shorey

Convey Matty Harps Hunt

Lita Kits

As much as I would like to see Little play, he would get ripped apart defensively and although we need to score Spurs are a very good team going forward as we well know and can rip most teams with no pace apart. Defensively Spurs are cack and we should get chances without having the most creative of players on the pitch. I would like to see Bikey in there ahead of Harps as I think he is in great form at the moment, as much as people slag Harper off he does actually marshal the midfield, something Bikey cannot do. It is not always 100% about your own game but sometimes ensuring others are doing the right thng too.

Maybe Bikey playing off of Kits would be ideal and drop Lita, we know Bikey can score and his will and determination is sky high at the moment, would love to see him be allowed to surge forward on runs.

No Rosenier and Bikey :lol:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 28 Apr 2008 17:21

rg6royal
londinium Marcus

Murts Ivar Doobs Shorey

Convey Matty Harps Hunt

Lita Kits

Rosenior is a tough one his pace or Murtys experience?
Bikey - in form - but no organisation skills compared to Harps

Readingfc50

by Readingfc50 » 28 Apr 2008 17:30

With Little not being involved in the reserves tonight, i would assume that he is going to start the game also with Murty playing in the reserves you can see that Rosenior will also start

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Apr 2008 17:30

savage 4 england Shorey against Lennon :lol:

ummmm.....not a pleasant thought. The words beaten for pace spring to mind.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 28 Apr 2008 17:36

PEARCEY

Lennon has been very inconsistent this season. Gone backwards since the time he was seen as Beckham's natural replacement. Let's hope we get lucky and catch him on a bad day. It's Berbatov I'm more concerned about.

Team selection? My one wish - start without Hunt, Harper and Doyle.

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 28 Apr 2008 17:37

Cisse has been a lightweight in midfield and adds NOTHING to the team.
HTH

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Apr 2008 17:38

Yes I agree OB. Lets also hope Berbatov plays and misses like he did against Bolton

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 28 Apr 2008 18:13

Royal Spangle Cisse has been a lightweight in midfield and adds NOTHING to the team.
HTH

What he's not Hurlock, Sidwell and Osborn all rolled into one?

Are you going to tell Royalee?

Kes

by Kes » 28 Apr 2008 18:16

Hahnemann
Murty Ingimarsson Sonko Shorey
Bikey
Little Harper Hunt
Lita Kitson

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 28 Apr 2008 18:47

londinium
rg6royal
londinium Marcus

Murts Ivar Doobs Shorey

Convey Matty Harps Hunt

Lita Kits

Rosenior is a tough one his pace or Murtys experience?
Bikey - in form - but no organisation skills compared to Harps

Anyone who would pick Harper over Bikey needs their head examined. Harper and Bikey maybe, although I wouldn't, but Harper over Bikey? All I can say after the last few games is :shock:

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 28 Apr 2008 18:54

Well it is an important game and we need to play the most effective team as coppell says....unfortunatly for coppell this team does not contain harper or doyle...and only hunt due to fact Little is so unfit.

The defence is an interesting one because as well as Duberry and Ivar did at Wigan we will be desperately exposed by pace against spurs so i dont know what to do here, do we drop bikey into the back four or keep him in midfield?

USA

Rosenior Duberry Ivar Shorey

Hunt Marek Bikey Convey

Kitson Lita

Bench
Fed, Little, Harper, Cisse, Doyle(assumung he is available for selection)

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Apr 2008 19:01

..................USA

Rosenior Duberry Ivar Shorey
.................Bikey.............

........Little Harper Hunt ......

..............Kitson Lita.........

We need to play it tight at the back, frustrate Spurs and it has to be drummed into the players how often Spurs have led recently, but then failed to win. Free kicks and corners must be played properly, possesion maintained and chances created from them. A 1-0 win bore will do for me, nothing is more important than getting a result.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2008 20:39

Kes Hahnemann
Murty Ingimarsson Sonko Shorey
Bikey
Little Harper Hunt
Lita Kitson

I thought you supported Chelsea not Spurs?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2008 20:41

Arch
Coppelled Streets ------------------------ Doyle -------------------------

Doyle ------- Doyle ------------- Doyle ------- Doyle

-------- Doyle -------- Doyle -------- Doyle ---------

------------------------ Doyle -------------------------

---------------- Doyle -------- Doyle -----------------
This actually raises an interesting question, pace Lux. If you had to put out a team of clones of one RFC player, who would be the best choice? For me, although it would be scary team in more senses the one, it would have to be Bikey.

Kitson without a shadow of a doubt... not the quickest, but can tackle, is good in the air, has great skill and vision and a good pass and shot. He also has the knack of being in the right place at the right time

Elmski

by Elmski » 28 Apr 2008 20:47

usa
rosenior bikey sonko shorey

cisse

little fae matejovsky hunt

lita

duberry
harper
convey
kitson
fed

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 28 Apr 2008 20:51

The major concern on this board seems to be the pace that Spurs posess. Its possible to adopt tactics that can combat this rather than just relying on personel. Watching the analysis on MOTD 2, Everton dropped deeper to counter Villa's pacy attackers.

Just a thought!

USA
Rosenior Cisse/Doobs Ingi Shorey

Little Marek Bikey Convey

Kitson
Lita

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 28 Apr 2008 22:54

Old Biscuitman
PEARCEY

Lennon has been very inconsistent this season. Gone backwards since the time he was seen as Beckham's natural replacement. Let's hope we get lucky and catch him on a bad day. It's Berbatov I'm more concerned about.

Team selection? My one wish - start without Hunt, Harper and Doyle.

I agree that Lennon hasn't had the best of seasons, but the pace factor between them could be huge. I would play Rosenior on the left to combat that.

I would put Murty into the team if Little's playing, because they share a good level of understanding. Tottenham don't tend to play very wide on the left, so we should use that to our advantage.