It is one man's fault

193 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: It is one man's fault

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 22:15

cmonurz
AthleticoSpizz we all know that 3 or 4 excellent players would've got us to Europe....of course we do

but who deserved to be shipped out after 2006/2007 & 2007/2008 seasons to help pay for them ?

No-one, but that's tough sh*t. That's exactly the small club attitude that has put us in this position this season.
you call it small club as much as you like.

I call it good old fashioned football with ethics

I

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 May 2008 22:17

'Hey look at us, back in the second tier, aren't we ethical and great....?!'

It's admirable, to support a team and genuinely not give a sh*t whether they are successful or not, but it's not a mindset I share.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 May 2008 22:17

AthleticoSpizz
cmonurz
AthleticoSpizz we all know that 3 or 4 excellent players would've got us to Europe....of course we do

but who deserved to be shipped out after 2006/2007 & 2007/2008 seasons to help pay for them ?

No-one, but that's tough sh*t. That's exactly the small club attitude that has put us in this position this season.

I

I call it shit, behind the times footy, which won't get us anywhere

You want old fashioned football?.......Go support Maidenhead

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 22:18

cmonurz Should we stick with the same players next season if we stay up? These players have taken us further than any other players, they have had a bad season but we know what they are capable of.....
now you are just gibbering on

You know the answer....so why ask the question?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 May 2008 22:19

AthleticoSpizz
cmonurz Should we stick with the same players next season if we stay up? These players have taken us further than any other players, they have had a bad season but we know what they are capable of.....

I do know the answer, of course we need to improve. I was quite plainly making the point that we shouldn't stick with Coppell 'because of last season' any more than we should the players.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 22:21

I'm sure most of the people on here really support manure with their big time thinking.

Reading are still in a good position (status/finance), we could be like sheff wed,leeds,forest,leicester.

It will be ok.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 May 2008 22:22

I did wonder when the 'we could be like Leeds' argument would resurface. :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 22:23

cmonurz
AthleticoSpizz

I do know the answer, of course we need to improve. I was quite plainly making the point that we shouldn't stick with Coppell 'because of last season' any more than we should the players.
and you, my friend, epitomise everything that is going wrong with English football.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 May 2008 22:24

:lol:

Please elaborate.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 22:24

Well we could had spent £40m and gone down, but i guess i am looking on the bright side......

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 22:25

cmonurz :lol:

Please elaborate.
care to do it "off board"? PM me

one hour on..no response
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 03 May 2008 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 May 2008 22:26

2.8 lita injection Well we could had spent £40m and gone down, but i guess i am looking on the bright side......

The arguments about spending have been done to death and always ignore the quite obvious point that we started last summer on a much higher base than the likes of Derby or Sunderland. We could have spent £20m of our £60m windfall on players and transformed the side.
Last edited by cmonurz on 03 May 2008 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 22:32

So do you think Sunderland are running in profit??

Portsmouth made a £23m loss recently, you throw as much money as you want at it but in the end you will be in a false position and eventually it will catch up with you, unless you have a sugar daddy i we wont get one of those.....

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 03 May 2008 22:35

We are still a good Championship team playing in the Premier League.

Investment has been the issue. We could have a transfer kitty of millions but if we are not prepared to pay the going rate for premiership footballers, then we will never get experienced Premier league players.

Sacking the Manager is not the answer, we need to freshen up the squad and really compete next year on an even keel with the rest of the Premier League teams. We will stay up this year but it will be very tight.

We are not dead yet.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 03 May 2008 22:39

2.8 lita injection Well we could had spent £40m and gone down, but i guess i am looking on the bright side......

Thou Voice was interested to know if 2.8 had considered that perhaps a season ticket reduction would have soften the bloow this year as RFC clearly had no intention of competing in the Premiership this year by their actions.

I recommend a statue for the man as I believe the Balding Guy does deserve one for his efforts this year as this is all his fault. We should erect a statue of him for all his good work that he has done, even though he screwed up the end game.

I suspect that with our season ticket renewals and subsequent price increase under the build squad to get back into the Premiership we'll also get a chance to by a plaque at the base of this statue of the Balding Guy as they're clearly no need for the Premiership Wall any more. In fact this raises a good question for all the people that were conned into buying a brick, do they get their money back or perhaps a free bottle of Coke as we're in the fizzy pop league.

With regards to the statue, what do you think it would be?

I think it would be of the three monkeys that see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. He's defiantly the third one as he speaks nothing and is clearly disillusion!

I base that comment that he was "proud of the boys" on BBC Radio Berkshire. The fool is out with the fairies.

Boris Johnson could run RFC better then our current manager. I urge the Emperor to contact him.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 22:42

Thou Voice

Thou Voice was interested to know if 2.8 had considered that perhaps a season ticket reduction would have soften the bloow this year as RFC clearly had no intention of competing in the Premiership this year by their actions.

I recommend a statue for the man as I believe the Balding Guy does deserve one for his efforts this year as this is all his fault. We should erect a statue of him for all his good work that he has done, even though he screwed up the end game.

I suspect that with our season ticket renewals and subsequent price increase under the build squad to get back into the Premiership we'll also get a chance to by a plaque at the base of this statue of the Balding Guy as they're clearly no need for the Premiership Wall any more. In fact this raises a good question for all the people that were conned into buying a brick, do they get their money back or perhaps a free bottle of Coke as we're in the fizzy pop league.

I think it would be of the three monkeys that see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. He's defiantly the third one as he speaks nothing and is clearly disillusion!

I base that comment that he was "proud of the boys" on BBC Radio Berkshire. The fool is out with the fairies.

Boris Johnson could run RFC better then our current manager. I urge the Emperor to contact him.

Still suffering from short term memory loss.

I still find it hard to understand how a guy who has broken a record in the championship that has stood forever, now is the worst thing going.

Someone once told me that hobnob was full of twats who actually supported reading as their 2nd team and they got confused with their expectation levels, i am now sadly starting to believe him. :oops:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 03 May 2008 22:44

2.8 lita injection
Thou Voice

Still suffering from short term memory loss.

I still find it hard to understand how a guy who has broken a record in the championship that has stood forever, now is the worst thing going.

Someone once told me that hobnob was full of twats who actually supported reading as their 2nd team and they got confused with their expectation levels, i am now sadly starting to believe him. :oops:

Thou Voice supports Reading as a first and only team every match. However Reading does not support Thou Voice as this season they continuee to disapoint.

Thou Voice also has plenty of Reading bling such as a top and a pencil case.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 22:49

winchester_royal
AthleticoSpizz
cmonurz No-one, but that's tough sh*t. That's exactly the small club attitude that has put us in this position this season.

I

I call it shit, behind the times footy, which won't get us anywhere

You want old fashioned football?.......Go support Maidenhead
I'll offer you Forest/Bradford/Leicester/Southampton and Oldham as potential teams for your big ideas.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 May 2008 22:50

winchester_royal And that man is Steve Coppell

1. He decides we need no investment in the summer

2. He decides we need no investment in the winter

3. His subs are too late

4. His team selection is crap

5. He has personal vendettas against certain people

6. He has love affairs with others

If we go down it is his fault, some will blame the chairman, but the money has always been there.....it is coppell who has refused to spend it

Couldn't disagree with something more.

Money has always been there is nonsense.

The buck stops at the man at the top who dictates wage structure and that man is Madejski.

A shrewd businessman who wants out. A man who has capitalised on the windfall of two seasons in the Prem without loking to consolidate. Because he wants his cash and he wants out.

This is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT Madejski's fault and I'm stunned that anyone can be so shortsighted as to blame Coppell.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 22:55

I think that Madejski is the major player in this, he lent the club £20m and it was repayable over 20 years but he has had it back in 2 years, good or bad that is a major reason.

193 posts