Marek Pleased With Coppell Staying

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Matejovsky

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2008 18:21

seahawk10 I tuned in with about 10 minutes to go and have seen three of the four goals!

Me too!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 30 May 2008 18:21

I am guessing that Marek was subbed off before I tuned in, so I didn't get to see him.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 May 2008 18:21

3 - 1 :shock:

I fear for England :lol:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 May 2008 18:21

seahawk10 I am guessing that Marek was subbed off before I tuned in, so I didn't get to see him.

I believe it happened during half time.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 May 2008 18:26

Ian Royal Not sure I'm keen to be honest.

Hasn't looked mobile or pacey enough to me. Not sure he has the Little dribbling skill to get round people withouot pace either.

That would be the 1 problem, mind you in the champonship i doubt his lack of pace would be exposed too much.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 May 2008 18:41

winchester_royal

Hasn't looked mobile or pacey enough to me. Not sure he has the Little dribbling skill to get round people withouot pace either.

That would be the 1 problem, mind you in the champonship i doubt his lack of pace would be exposed too much.

And in the championship you can get away with alot more than you can in the Prem.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2008 19:08

winchester_royal

I agree it wouldn't be as much of a problem in the chump, but strikes me as foolish to play him somewhere he won't be good enough for in the prem when we'd only need to get a new central midfielder to cover for him if we moved him out wide.

Much more sensible to get a right winger instead.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 30 May 2008 19:13

rg6royal
winchester_royal

And in the championship you can get away with alot more than you can in the Prem.

The championship made Oster look like a decent player!I rest my case.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 May 2008 20:07

rg6royal 3 - 1 :shock:

Very few Scotland regulars.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 May 2008 22:41

Arch
rg6royal 3 - 1 :shock:

Very few Scotland regulars.

Suprised Murts wasn't in the squad tbh.

reading_lad

by reading_lad » 30 May 2008 23:47

Royalshow The championship made Oster look like a decent player!I rest my case.

Oster is a decent player

HTH

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 31 May 2008 00:25

reading_lad

Oster isn't a decent player!

HTH

I've corrected it for you mate. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2008 00:30

rfcjoe
reading_lad

Oster isn't a decent player!

HTH

I've corrected it for you mate. :wink:

No you haven't, you've put a crap and blinkered opinion in instead. Was he good enough for being first choice prem winger? No.

Was he a decent player? Yes.
Would he do a job in the Championship? Yes.
Did he provide more attacking threat and creativity than virtually all our other players in the last few games? Yes.

Do we require better? Yes.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 31 May 2008 00:37

He isn't good(decent) consistent enough was really what I was getting at. He sometimes did show glimpses of class and skill but these pieces of skill were heavily out-numbered by weak challenges,poor passes and lack of bravery. I didn't mind Oster, its just a shame he didn't do the business all the time. At Derby when we got relegated I thought he had a blinder because he got stuck in and actually ran with the ball and generally looked threatening - again, if he would had done this more consistently then maybe he would have been kept and people wouldn't have booed and slated him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2008 00:51

rfcjoe He isn't good(decent) consistent enough was really what I was getting at. He sometimes did show glimpses of class and skill but these pieces of skill were heavily out-numbered by weak challenges,poor passes and lack of bravery. I didn't mind Oster, its just a shame he didn't do the business all the time. At Derby when we got relegated I thought he had a blinder because he got stuck in and actually ran with the ball and generally looked threatening - again, if he would had done this more consistently then maybe he would have been kept and people wouldn't have booed and slated him.

I've sat near people who had a dislike to him. In my few visits Oster has had unbelieveable bile thrown his way from so called Reading fans.And I'm not just talking about in the Premiership. The blinkers that so many "fans" wear offends me.

When the entire squad have been substandard why single out one individual as the scapegoat. Why target one player as the problem when all are culpable.

How many assists did Hunt or Marek get in the run in? Because Oster got a minimum of 2. He may have given the ball away stupidly, or been inconsistent. But then he wasn't at the club as a first choice winger was he? He was third choice at the start of the season and second after Seol went.

He gave it a good go as a squad cover forced into being essentially first choice. Especially under constant abuse from his own team's fans.

He wasn't the player to take us forward, but that doesn't mean he was shit, or that he didn't perform a decent job for us.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 31 May 2008 00:58

Ian Royal
rfcjoe He isn't good(decent) consistent enough was really what I was getting at. He sometimes did show glimpses of class and skill but these pieces of skill were heavily out-numbered by weak challenges,poor passes and lack of bravery. I didn't mind Oster, its just a shame he didn't do the business all the time. At Derby when we got relegated I thought he had a blinder because he got stuck in and actually ran with the ball and generally looked threatening - again, if he would had done this more consistently then maybe he would have been kept and people wouldn't have booed and slated him.

I've sat near people who had a dislike to him. In my few visits Oster has had unbelieveable bile thrown his way from so called Reading fans.And I'm not just talking about in the Premiership. The blinkers that so many "fans" wear offends me.

When the entire squad have been substandard why single out one individual as the scapegoat. Why target one player as the problem when all are culpable.

How many assists did Hunt or Marek get in the run in? Because Oster got a minimum of 2. He may have given the ball away stupidly, or been inconsistent. But then he wasn't at the club as a first choice winger was he? He was third choice at the start of the season and second after Seol went.

He gave it a good go as a squad cover forced into being essentially first choice. Especially under constant abuse from his own team's fans.

He wasn't the player to take us forward, but that doesn't mean he was shit, or that he didn't perform a decent job for us.

I never said he was shit did I ! Re-read what I put - I never once say he is shit or anything to do with him being poor etc.I just stated that he wasn't consistently good enough, which is true imo of course.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 May 2008 01:09

The CR seem to have a team of Matejovskys. Some of the passing in the 2nd half was sublime, cutting through the Scotch defence like it wasn't there. I love the way they all seem to pass into the space that will be occupied by a team-mate in a moment or 2 rather than to feet which seems to be the UK way.

If I was still a betting man they'd be my dark horse bet.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 31 May 2008 01:37

Matejovsky doesn't need pace. He always seems to find the space on the pitch and his composure and passing ability are what make him. What he needs is a solid defensive partner as tracking back isn't part of his game, he's not box to box but he can pass the ball like nobody else in our squad. Also, maybe this is down to him only living in England a few months, when he's in space he must call for it and make sure he gets the ball. So often he's in a decent position and nobody passes to him, he needs to shout "I'M IN A LOAD OF SPACE AND I HAVE FAR MORE CREATIVITY, VISION AND PASSING ABILITY THAN ANYONE ELSE" but he never does.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 31 May 2008 09:25

rhroyal Matejovsky doesn't need pace. He always seems to find the space on the pitch and his composure and passing ability are what make him. What he needs is a solid defensive partner as tracking back isn't part of his game, he's not box to box but he can pass the ball like nobody else in our squad. Also, maybe this is down to him only living in England a few months, when he's in space he must call for it and make sure he gets the ball. So often he's in a decent position and nobody passes to him, he needs to shout "I'M IN A LOAD OF SPACE AND I HAVE FAR MORE CREATIVITY, VISION AND PASSING ABILITY THAN ANYONE ELSE" but he never does.

I second all of that.
Actually, I second most of what has been said on this thread. :oops:

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 31 May 2008 09:51

Ian Royal

Always been the reading way when we are doing poorly. This season it was Oster last and the season before we were doing unbelievably well, so tyhere wasent one. The season before that and for a few seasons it was Hughes, and before that it was Keit..Mas..Jim..Okay the whole of the Burns team.