LoanWatch for season 2008/2009

650 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: LoanWatch for season 2008/2009

by Arch » 26 Jun 2008 16:28

hutch According to skytext today Coppell will "turn his attention to the loan market" as he strives to strengthen his squad. Bit of a turnaround don`t you think?!!
Bikey?

He explains on the OS why he thinks it's a better strategy in the Championship, but don't let that get in the way of a chance to bash the club.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Jun 2008 16:31

and we'll do it for Peter Maté

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Jun 2008 17:35

Alan Partridge and we'll do it for Peter Maté

Totally forgot about the Budapest Beckenbauer.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Jun 2008 18:24

Arch
Alan Partridge and we'll do it for Peter Maté

Totally forgot about the Budapest Beckenbauer.

Felt sorry for him tbh as he got injured and never got a chance to prove himself.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 26 Jun 2008 21:14

Coppell will only take players on loan if we stand a good chance of signing them.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Jun 2008 09:28

So getting Ronaldo for a season is out then.

hutch

by hutch » 02 Jul 2008 16:50

Two threads in one here, "left backs" and "loanwatch". Liverpool left back Emiliano Insua today signed a new 3yr contract at the club. As we`ll more than likely need a left back for the coming season and Insua (highly rated by Benitez) will be probably be 3rd choice or so, how about Coppell giving Benitez a ring and sorting out a seasons loan? Just a thought.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 02 Jul 2008 16:52

hutch Two threads in one here, "left backs" and "loanwatch". Liverpool left back Emiliano Insua today signed a new 3yr contract at the club. As we`ll more than likely need a left back for the coming season and Insua (highly rated by Benitez) will be probably be 3rd choice or so, how about Coppell giving Benitez a ring and sorting out a seasons loan? Just a thought.

Isn't he still pretty young? Under 20-young.

Has represented Argentina at whatever age group, so can't be worse than ... erm ... who is our left back when Shorey (eventually) goes.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 02 Jul 2008 16:55

I heard last January we were looking at bringing in Adel Taraabt from Tottenham who appears to be a decent winger with a lot of trickery. Maybe a replacement for Hunt when he leaves?

Could get him in on loan aswell

hutch

by hutch » 02 Jul 2008 17:05

Re Papereyes, Insua is indeed under 20 young!! He`s 19 and very highly rated, he played 3 first team games for Liverpool at the end of last season. Also Swansea are looking to loan Fabien Brandy from Man U. They had him on loan for a bit last season & he scored some very important goals. This is what we need ,some hungry youngsters.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Jul 2008 17:44

hutch Re Papereyes, Insua is indeed under 20 young!! He`s 19 and very highly rated, he played 3 first team games for Liverpool at the end of last season. Also Swansea are looking to loan Fabien Brandy from Man U. They had him on loan for a bit last season & he scored some very important goals. This is what we need ,some hungry youngsters.

Pervert

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jul 2008 17:53

hutch This is what we need ,some hungry youngsters.

You like them skinny and malnourished? :shock:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Jul 2008 20:46

Arch
hutch According to skytext today Coppell will "turn his attention to the loan market" as he strives to strengthen his squad. Bit of a turnaround don`t you think?!!
Bikey?

He explains on the OS why he thinks it's a better strategy in the Championship, but don't let that get in the way of a chance to bash the club.

I thought Coppell was against these loan arrangements?

The goalie from Man Utd who went to Watford on loan springs to mind.What was his name?
Coppell complained about him a bit didn't he?

Hypocrisy springs to mind methinks!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 02 Jul 2008 22:49

Gordons Cumming
Arch
Bikey?

I thought Coppell was against these loan arrangements?

The goalie from Man Utd who went to Watford on loan springs to mind.What was his name?
Coppell complained about him a bit didn't he?

Hypocrisy springs to mind methinks!

Only when Watford were in the same division as Man Utd though?

hutch

by hutch » 03 Jul 2008 16:33

Re Spacecruiser- Oh sarcastic one, what I meant by hungry youngsters joining the club was someone who would actually care about playing and actually give a toss, and try their best to get a result rather than sit back on their fat contracts & watch the club slide to relegation.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jul 2008 19:29

hutch Re Papereyes, Insua is indeed under 20 young!! He`s 19 and very highly rated, he played 3 first team games for Liverpool at the end of last season. Also Swansea are looking to loan Fabien Brandy from Man U. They had him on loan for a bit last season & he scored some very important goals. This is what we need ,some hungry youngsters.

First of all, can I point out he's only started playing left back under Benitez.
Secondly, Golbourne looks more than able to step up and take the place of Shorey- he's older, faster, more experienced...

Thirdly, we should not loan Fabian Brandy. He's no where near the level of Long or even Lita. Plus, I don't see how Long, Kitson and Doyle aren't hungry :roll: . Even if hunger is that important, we've got Simon Church if we need him, no real need to get a fifth choice striker especially for this.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 09 Jul 2008 09:37

Apparently Hamilton Accies are lining up a loan deal for Tom Hateley.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 09 Jul 2008 09:47

SCIAG

First of all, can I point out he's only started playing left back under Benitez.
Secondly, Golbourne looks more than able to step up and take the place of Shorey- he's older, faster, more experienced...

Thirdly, we should not loan Fabian Brandy. He's no where near the level of Long or even Lita. Plus, I don't see how Long, Kitson and Doyle aren't hungry :roll: . Even if hunger is that important, we've got Simon Church if we need him, no real need to get a fifth choice striker especially for this.

Can't agree with that assessment of Golbourne. He just doesn't look like a good enough defender to be relied upon to fill Shorey's boots as and when he goes.

To be honest I he doesn't even make up for it by being that good going forward!

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 09 Jul 2008 09:51

Southbank Old Boy
SCIAG

Can't agree with that assessment of Golbourne. He just doesn't look like a good enough defender to be relied upon to fill Shorey's boots as and when he goes.

To be honest I he doesn't even make up for it by being that good going forward!

I agree. I saw him in a couple of games for B'mouth and he looked pretty average, didn't see him against Bolton, but I suspect if he was unable to make an impact in League 1, then he will struggle in the c'ship. Although I do hope he proves me wrong.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jul 2008 10:08

Yet Henry didn't really make a massive impact there (ending up on the bench) and people are demanding he gets picked.

It's a clean slate for the young players, and if any of them are going to force their way into the team, this is their chance.

650 posts