Stephen Hunt `Prem is place to be' From the RC

Roger the Rabbit

Re: HUNT

by Roger the Rabbit » 04 Jul 2008 16:42

Sarah Star
Roger the Rabbit Shock horror - professional footballers are in it for the money !!

You'll be telling us next that accountants, shop assistants, airline pilots and computer programmers do their jobs for money as well...

I don't remember him saying anything about money.

he said Guys a total mercenary and we dont need them at the club!.

Happy to help those suffering short term memory loss !

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 04 Jul 2008 16:56

Players, managers and chairmen come and go, it's a fact of life. Even more so now that money sloshes around in such volumes. So 'club loyalty' is also pretty much a thing of the past, except on a case by case basis. Parky, Murty or Little et al all are loyal or disloyal, depending on your point of view. I guess opinions vary, especially on how grateful the timing seems to be, but it is as I said a fact of life. What really grips my shit is how we as fans are supposed to understand the bigger picture about ambition, shortness of career and family security etc, but we are not supposed to 'get on the players backs' when they are out of form or just plain shit! I for one won't ever feel guilty about criticising anybody ever again, because if we are going to be grown up and objective, IT CUTS BOTH WAYS! :shock:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jul 2008 17:32

Fair play to him for ambition, but the guy's a Championship player at best.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 04 Jul 2008 19:06

Coppell's Right Footed 11
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Just hope the whhels on his house go round and round as soon as possible - the bloke was saved from extinction by Coppell - at the time we signed him . he was on his way to Bradford to sign for them.

Coppell got him to sign for Reading - he became, in a relatively short period of time, one of the top earners (question why tbh!) and now because he's dropped a division (or had a 40% wage cut!) not sure which, he is clearly looking for out -

No loyalty, so as far as I am concerned get shot - over-rated, over-paid and a transfer now overdue!

Guys a total mercenary and we dont need them at the club!

Biggest pile of shit i have ever read

From any interview Hunt has given since we have been relegated he has been fully committed. His latest interview he says every player wants to play in the premiership but loves being at Reading and would be more than happy to be with us next year.

Players in ambition shocker

:roll:

and just shows what a knob you are to not see that him saying that publicly, is basically asking for a Premiership club to come and get him - hes in a contract so he aont going to say im off - he needs a club to make the move - as i said - Knob!

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 04 Jul 2008 19:10

Reading winger Stephen Hunt, a well-known target for Sunderland boss Roy Keane, has hinted he may seek a move to the Premier League.
Hunt is set to ply his trade in the Championship next season following the Royals' relegation last term.

The 26-year-old had been strongly linked with a move to the Black Cats in January's transfer window, but Keane failed in his reported attempts to land the talented midfielder.

He said in The Sun: "It is a short career and fans would appreciate it more if players were more honest about these things. "Anyone who says they don't want to be in the Premier League is lying.

"It's not that people are unhappy but fans aren't stupid. It makes more sense if they know what's going on."

- its a short carer, only going to earn £1.5m a year for the next 10 years = £15m - how long will it take us to earn that sort of money -not in most of our lifetimes - as I said he;s a mercenary!

size 12

by size 12 » 04 Jul 2008 21:09

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Just hope the whhels on his house go round and round as soon as possible - the bloke was saved from extinction by Coppell - at the time we signed him . he was on his way to Bradford to sign for them.

Coppell got him to sign for Reading - he became, in a relatively short period of time, one of the top earners (question why tbh!) and now because he's dropped a division (or had a 40% wage cut!) not sure which, he is clearly looking for out -

No loyalty, so as far as I am concerned get shot - over-rated, over-paid and a transfer now overdue!

You get a job

Your boss coaches you really well, and you become very good at your job. So good that you get noticed by the competition

The competition then offers you a job, which will be better paid and more of a challenge to you

What would you do??

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stephen Hunt `Prem is place to be' From the RC

by rhroyal » 05 Jul 2008 14:09

Hunt has only told the truth here. He isn't saying he wants to leave us and hand in his transfer request, he's just saying that if he gets the chance to play in the Premiership again he'll jump at. That's jut honesty. However reading between the lines it's more than just that, it's a 'Come and get me' sign to Sunderland. If they offer the reported £5mill I can't think of many who will complain about Hunt leaving.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jul 2008 15:51

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY - its a short carer, only going to earn £1.5m a year for the next 10 years = £15m - how long will it take us to earn that sort of money -not in most of our lifetimes - as I said he;s a mercenary!

How much more than us he earns in those 10 years is completely and utterly irrelevant to all but jealous prats like you.

People who earn more, spend more, and might I add, almost invariably do an awful lot more voluntary work and make far higher contributions to charities. In order to live the lifestyle he is entitled to as a result of his services being valued so much more highly than yours, and to live it as long and as securely as possible, he will want to get the best possible financial deal for himself.

If you think that by expressing his desire to play in the PL (if somebody wants him) where the rewards are obviously highest, whilst also expressing his huge regard for Coppell and RFC, he demonstrates that he is some kind of undesirable mercenary then you are an even bigger prat than I had already taken you for... and believe me, that's not easy to do.

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 05 Jul 2008 16:32

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Biggest pile of shit i have ever read

From any interview Hunt has given since we have been relegated he has been fully committed. His latest interview he says every player wants to play in the premiership but loves being at Reading and would be more than happy to be with us next year.

Players in ambition shocker

and just shows what a knob you are to not see that him saying that publicly, is basically asking for a Premiership club to come and get him - hes in a contract so he aont going to say im off - he needs a club to make the move - as i said - Knob!

Try reading the full article you idiot. Hunt is doing nothing wrong at all and hasn't spoken out about demanding a move. He has said he would be interested in moving to the prem if a fee was agreed which is totally normal. Each site has put in certain quotes from Hunt rather than the full article where he says he is happy at Reading.

Grow up

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 05 Jul 2008 17:51

Roger the Rabbit
Sarah Star
Roger the Rabbit Shock horror - professional footballers are in it for the money !!

You'll be telling us next that accountants, shop assistants, airline pilots and computer programmers do their jobs for money as well...

I don't remember him saying anything about money.

he said Guys a total mercenary and we dont need them at the club!.

Happy to help those suffering short term memory loss !

I guess you didn't realise I was referring to Stephen Hunt and not 'he said'. I've been trying to figure out what this meant for ages.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jul 2008 18:39

Royal Rother
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY - its a short carer, only going to earn £1.5m a year for the next 10 years = £15m - how long will it take us to earn that sort of money -not in most of our lifetimes - as I said he;s a mercenary!

How much more than us he earns in those 10 years is completely and utterly irrelevant to all but jealous prats like you.

People who earn more, spend more, and might I add, almost invariably do an awful lot more voluntary work and make far higher contributions to charities.

They might make higher monetary donations but a fairly recent documentary showed that, when it comes to percentage of disposable income available to them, most give significantly less than the average man in the street.

So in terms of personal sacrifice, the lower earners deserve far more praise than the rich.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 06 Jul 2008 00:46

5 miLOLLOLion

Cheerio then. :lol:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 06 Jul 2008 11:11

RoyalBlue
Royal Rother

People who earn more, spend more, and might I add, almost invariably do an awful lot more voluntary work and make far higher contributions to charities.

They might make higher monetary donations but a fairly recent documentary showed that, when it comes to percentage of disposable income available to them, most give significantly less than the average man in the street.

So in terms of personal sacrifice, the lower earners deserve far more praise than the rich.

well said

bet Rother was in tears when Diana died

"she gave so much"

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jul 2008 13:35

Royal Rother

People who earn more, spend more. In order to live the lifestyle he is entitled to as a result of his services being valued so much more highly than yours, and to live it as long and as securely as possible, he will want to get the best possible financial deal for himself.

If you think that by expressing his desire to play in the PL (if somebody wants him) where the rewards are obviously highest, whilst also expressing his huge regard for Coppell and RFC, he demonstrates that he is some kind of undesirable mercenary then you are an even bigger prat than I had already taken you for... and believe me, that's not easy to do.

The other line was simply a throwaway... perhaps you'd like to comment on the actual point of the post I made rather than the bit that seems bizarrely to have titillated your interest chaps.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 06 Jul 2008 14:22

I agree with the rest of your post