Armstrong Signs

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Armstrong Signs

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2008 16:09

rfcjoe Two words:John Utaka.

Five words, oft repeated: Shorey was ill that day.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 27 Aug 2008 16:51

Royal Rother

What Royal Rother said and Utaka is not exactly slow himself. I know it did look bad but they way people bang about it anyone would think it had been someone like Teddy Sheringham who had out paced Shorey that day.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 27 Aug 2008 16:57

nev monkey
Because he was oxf*rd cheap. Tight arsed chairman wouldn't cough up for Surman, who, imo is the better player by a country mile.

An interesting opinion? Or do you have a source that it the club would not spend more? Not what I heard from someone in the know so what do you base it on?

hutch

by hutch » 27 Aug 2008 17:26

Good to see the club have delivered on the left back they promised us. Hopefully Armstrong will slot in at LB asap and get S Hunt back to left wing to cause even more of a nuisance than usual!!!! Hope Armstrong has a succesful career with us and if he`s half as succesful as Shorey we`ll have signed a very good player.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2008 17:57

Anyone claiming we wouldn't buy a left back before deadline day want to own up and eat some humble pie?

Afterall replacing a player isn't the Reading way. :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Aug 2008 18:12

Ian Royal Anyone claiming we wouldn't buy a left back before deadline day want to own up and eat some humble pie?

dont be daft

where their predictions fail, they are let drift by the wayside
only successful predictions are regurgitated later to make them appear worldy wise.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 27 Aug 2008 18:15

Royal Rother

Feck off. :lol: If he was ill that badly he wouldn't of played. He is just very very slow. I always see it when a quick player goes past him he takes a chunk of their shirt and gives a free kick away.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Aug 2008 18:37

brendywendy
Ian Royal Anyone claiming we wouldn't buy a left back before deadline day want to own up and eat some humble pie?

dont be daft

only successful predictions are regurgitated later to make them appear worldy wise.

Pots and kettles I would very much suggest!! If true, the RTGs display remarkably similar tendencies.

As for replacing players. Replacing expensive stars with considerable cheaper replacements is very much the Reading way. Only time will tell whether it is successful.

What's more those predicting we wouldn't buy a left back before deadline day might well have been proven correct but for the spectacular way the team **cked things up at Charlton. I do believe Coppell himself admitted that display had somewhat changed thinking/priorities.

hutch Good to see the club have delivered on the left back they promised us. Hopefully Armstrong will slot in at LB asap and get S Hunt back to left wing to cause even more of a nuisance than usual!!!! Hope Armstrong has a succesful career with us and if he`s half as succesful as Shorey we`ll have signed a very good player.

:roll: So signing a player half as successful as the one we sold is progressing and showing ambition to be an established PL team?!

I'm hoping that Armstrong proves to be just as successful as Shorey because that way we won't have weakened our team and will, at the same time, have done a good bit of business.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Aug 2008 18:59

RoyalBlue
brendywendy

dont be daft

Pots and kettles I would very much suggest!! If true, the RTGs display remarkably similar tendencies.

As for replacing players. Replacing expensive stars with considerable cheaper replacements is very much the Reading way. Only time will tell whether it is successful.

What's more those predicting we wouldn't buy a left back before deadline day might well have been proven correct but for the spectacular way the team **cked things up at Charlton. I do believe Coppell himself admitted that display had somewhat changed thinking/priorities.

hutch Good to see the club have delivered on the left back they promised us. Hopefully Armstrong will slot in at LB asap and get S Hunt back to left wing to cause even more of a nuisance than usual!!!! Hope Armstrong has a succesful career with us and if he`s half as succesful as Shorey we`ll have signed a very good player.

:roll: So signing a player half as successful as the one we sold is progressing and showing ambition to be an established PL team?!

I'm hoping that Armstrong proves to be just as successful as Shorey because that way we won't have weakened our team and will, at the same time, have done a good bit of business.

I'm sorry to be the one to point this out, but WE'RE NOT IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE ANY MORE !!

How could ANY club in the championship hope to replace an international player with a better one - simply because none of the better players would be looking to play at this level. Please get real.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Aug 2008 19:17

Well done everyone for ignoring Sir Dodger's wind up and not gracing him with reply - I didn't actually read his post, but assume it was his usual drivel.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2008 20:12

RoyalBlue
brendywendy

dont be daft

Oh I don't know, there are plenty on both sides who put their hands up sometimes, although it's been a while since an "STG" had to. Mind you the ones who said we wouldn't sign a left back at all were probably among the more rabid morons.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Aug 2008 20:14

Royalwaster Well done everyone for ignoring Sir Dodger's wind up and not gracing him with reply - I didn't actually read his post, but assume it was his usual drivel.

Did he post? I hadn't noticed.

Streets

by Streets » 28 Aug 2008 08:35

Royalwaster Well done everyone for ignoring Sir Dodger's wind up and not gracing him with reply - I didn't actually read his post, but assume it was his usual drivel.

Except...

CholseyRoyal
Sir Dodger Royal Hello Boys
How are things? I see the Madman still milking out the dosh from the Club .

Armstrong will spend about as much time in the team as Glen little did.

Mark my words he is injury prone and Dodger knows best.

Where's Hampshire Royal? Retired to life in the vestry in Petersfield!

Looks like the Royals will be flying in the wrong direction unlike Bristol City who I note are now in the same League as the Royals.

Keep it quiet but SC is watching Gary Alexander. Could he be our saviour? He's cheap just what the Madman likes.

Bring back the Vicar as he stuffed us on Saturday following a few tips from Sir Dodger Royal.

The way things are going then I will need to give similar advice to those laggards running Reading FC at present.

Clueless and I mean clueless.

Your know it makes senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just a fleeting visit but you always make me welcome.

SDR

Hi SDR Nice to see you back winding us all up again :D

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Aug 2008 09:32

rfcjoe
Royal Rother

Feck off. :lol: If he was ill that badly he wouldn't of played. He is just very very slow. I always see it when a quick player goes past him he takes a chunk of their shirt and gives a free kick away.

He had a cold. That's enough to slow you down, but not enough to stop a player playing.
Shorey is not slow, he gets up the wing very quickly, and gets back with equal pace. The Utaka incident is the only one of it's kind. Now go complain about Harper.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Aug 2008 09:33

SCIAG
rfcjoe
Royal Rother Five words, oft repeated: Shorey was ill that day.

He had a cold. That's enough to slow you down, but not enough to stop a player playing.
Shorey is not slow, he gets up the wing very quickly, and gets back with equal pace. The Utaka incident is the only one of it's kind. Now go complain about Harper.

Shorey is slow, but was even slower that day due to the illness.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Aug 2008 09:34

I can make you remember how fast Shorey is with one word, not two.

Middlesborough

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Aug 2008 09:48

SCIAG I can make you remember how fast Shorey is with one word, not two.

Middlesborough

That wasn't his pace that allowed him to make that run but the fact that no Boro player went to tackle him. He didn't have to beat any player for pace in making that run.

Shorey defending was based purely on positional sense because he knew that in a chase he would always lose.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 29 Aug 2008 07:13

Good signing, keep it up RFC!