MURTY BACK IN THE TEAM?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MURTY BACK IN THE TEAM?

by Dirk Gently » 03 Sep 2008 12:12

Ian Royal
Dirk Gently The biggest problem Rosenior seems to have is an inability to stay standing up. Does he make his boots out of banana skins?

I thought his major problem was only being able to pass to a Reading player about 50% of the time. A couple of slips a game are bad, but I haven't seen so many this season.

There were a couple on Saturday but Palace didn't have the quality to punish them in the same way so many PL teams did.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Sep 2008 12:16

Palace were too busy trying to contain him.

working class hero

by working class hero » 03 Sep 2008 12:45

Bill Oddie's Beard murty isn't a centre back. Hth.

Centre back at Swansea tonight....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 18:50

working class hero

Reserves game for fitness. Means nothing.

Or do you think Pearce is a midfielder?

working class hero

by working class hero » 03 Sep 2008 19:01

Ian Royal
working class hero

Coppell is adamant a good player can play anywhere...

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 03 Sep 2008 19:40

Murty = Tremendous RB and continues to be immense for us. A good example of this is when we played Derby, he led us and we were immediately more composed & together. Compare this with H vs Tottenham the previous week where we were a shambles.

Rosenior = Not bad RB. Impetuous defender who is dillusional if he thinks he can get in the England squad. His defending is OK and some of his attacking runs can admittedly be quite effective.
What really annoys me about Rosey is his 'professionalism' - I played to a decent standard and in every team you had 'the professional' - this was the guy who nudged the ball away when you were about to take a free kick or throw in, always had a bit too much to say on the pitch (mainly drivel) and was always the one pointing fingers when goals were conceded. If you watched Rosey @ Charlton he had his hands up in exasperation before Varney had even scored their 3rd goal...........who was marking him ? you guessed it.
For their 4th goal Bouazza was a mile on side and Rosey was nowhere near him. Again, Rosey's hands are up gesticulating wildly for offside. Clearly to 'cover' the fact that he was again nowhere near his attacker ! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Murty every time

'Nuff said ?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 03 Sep 2008 19:59

Murty is the best at the club in terms of captaincy but his days are numbered.
Rosenior and Kebe are beginning to gel on the right so for now I wouldn't change things but bring Murts back into the squad but leave him on the bench for now.

chandog

by chandog » 03 Sep 2008 20:06

PEARCEY Murty is the best at the club in terms of captaincy but his days are numbered.
Rosenior and Kebe are beginning to gel on the right so for now I wouldn't change things but bring Murts back into the squad but leave him on the bench for now.

agreed
murtys experience could be useful in the last 20 mins of a game
also i doubt he is match fit so it would be stupid to put him in the team and expect him to perform for a whole game

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 20:08

working class hero
Ian Royal
working class hero Centre back at Swansea tonight....

Coppell is adamant a good player can play anywhere...

Said in relation to playing Pearce out of position in a friendly I believe. It's true when the object of the game is to get match fitness. Murty is not a centreback and will not play as a centreback in a competitive first team match unless becuase of injuries he is left as the only option.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Sep 2008 20:19

RFCBoy Rosenoir deserves his place as he gives us more pace than Murty, more strength and most of the time determination. Not taking the determination from Murts but i feel Rosenoir has a hunger to succeed and to do well for us.
Rosenoir to keep his place :)

You surely have to be joking re-strength?
Spoke to a Fulham fan last night who wasn't sure who got the best and worst of the swap deal with Seol.
He feels that Rosenior is athletic but hasn't a clue about defending and Seol is slow and lazy (what a surprise).
Not sure about the choice of Murty or Rosenior but in the hope that the younger man can improve whereas the older one can't I suppose we stick with Rosenior but with any more abject performances defensively like at Charlton there might have to be a rethink.

BTW Murty had some really good link-up play with Little and earlier with Igoe so let's not believe that he couldn't do the same with Kebe.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Sep 2008 20:33

Crowthorne Royal Murty = Tremendous RB and continues to be immense for us. A good example of this is when we played Derby, he led us and we were immediately more composed & together. Compare this with H vs Tottenham the previous week where we were a shambles.

Rosenior = Not bad RB. Impetuous defender who is dillusional if he thinks he can get in the England squad. His defending is OK and some of his attacking runs can admittedly be quite effective.
What really annoys me about Rosey is his 'professionalism' - I played to a decent standard and in every team you had 'the professional' - this was the guy who nudged the ball away when you were about to take a free kick or throw in, always had a bit too much to say on the pitch (mainly drivel) and was always the one pointing fingers when goals were conceded. If you watched Rosey @ Charlton he had his hands up in exasperation before Varney had even scored their 3rd goal...........who was marking him ? you guessed it.
For their 4th goal Bouazza was a mile on side and Rosey was nowhere near him. Again, Rosey's hands are up gesticulating wildly for offside. Clearly to 'cover' the fact that he was again nowhere near his attacker ! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Murty every time

'Nuff said ?

Sounds like Murty last season.

Rax

by Rax » 03 Sep 2008 20:52

Murts over Rosie for me I'm afraid - LR cost us the last two goals -v- Charlton, for that GM gets the nod from me!

kingsleyroyal

by kingsleyroyal » 03 Sep 2008 21:21

Crowthorne Royal Murty = Tremendous RB and continues to be immense for us. A good example of this is when we played Derby, he led us and we were immediately more composed & together. Compare this with H vs Tottenham the previous week where we were a shambles.

Murty every time

'Nuff said ?

Absolutely agree with this 100%.

How many people were on here in the first few games slating Rosenior, now after 1 game its all "Ros over Murts any day...." For the team, I'm glad Ros had a good game v Palace, his issue is keeping that up game in game out (something he has struggled with previously). He is still young, and his game is developing, and naturally when your performance is developing there will be consistency issues. This is all good for the club in the way that we have a developing future replacement for Murts.

It is Roseniors shirt at the moment, no doubt Ros will screw up at some point cos he is developing. Over the next few weeks Murts will build up his fitness levels and be waiting in the wings and his chance will come and he'll take it.

Nuff said!!

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 03 Sep 2008 21:38

You're all saying Coppell won't change the team - but I have this feeling that he would.
Murty is by far our best captain, Harper is Coppell's golden boy in our squad, and through sheer effort and commitment to the club deserves the captaincy, but if Murty can return to full fitness, we need his leadership back. However, Liam is definately a lot more pacey, gets in on attacks and has linked up well with Jimmy in the past few games. Is that worth risking in bringing back Murty? For me, Hunt would be a better captain instead of Harper - he seems a lot more vocal.
Still, that's my opinion. Maybe SC views Harps as a decent captain.

Edit: The original post made no sense.

Elliott

by Elliott » 03 Sep 2008 21:47

It is the same situation at Man Utd, with Gary Neville as captain wanting to get back into the team, but Brown has done a fine job in replacing him.

I think Murtys injury meant that his number was up, too old and too slow, and replaced with a young talent. Murty has been amazing for us for the last so many years, but i think it is time for a change of captaincy IMO.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 03 Sep 2008 21:53

Elliott It is the same situation at Man Utd, with Gary Neville as captain wanting to get back into the team, but Brown has done a fine job in replacing him.

I think Murtys injury meant that his number was up, too old and too slow, and replaced with a young talent. Murty has been amazing for us for the last so many years, but i think it is time for a change of captaincy IMO.

But who? Personally, as said before, I don't think Harper is the right choice for Captain.
Pearce is a Captain for the future, but that isn't now. ;)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 22:11

I don't think Hunt would be a good choice as captain, but then I didn't think Harper would be a good choice and now I think I was wrong.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Sep 2008 10:12

Ian Royal I don't think Hunt would be a good choice as captain, but then I didn't think Harper would be a good choice and now I think I was wrong.

I feel like that too. Mind you I also thought Kevin Petersen wouldn't be a good captain of the England cricket team and look how well he's done.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Sep 2008 19:15

Ian Royal Murty is not a centreback and will not play as a centreback in a competitive first team match unless becuase of injuries he is left as the only option.

Really?

I take it Man U in the league doesn't count as competitive then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Sep 2008 20:11

SCIAG
Ian Royal Murty is not a centreback and will not play as a centreback in a competitive first team match unless becuase of injuries he is left as the only option.

Really?

I take it Man U in the league doesn't count as competitive then?

Remind me of the exact circumstances of how that came about and the availability of other players? Technically I never said he hadn't. :wink: