Hunt dissapointed

260 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hunt dissapointed

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2008 22:46

Yorkshire Royal LOL at Reading fans deciding Steven Hunt is a good player based on 4 appearances this year as opposed to 30+ rubbish ones last..

As I said, glad we didnt sell him as he has been good so far.. in the championship, but he needs to remember where he has come from. And he is a joke of a footballer. Rubbish first touch, until recently couldn't cross the ball and has a really, really stupid haircut..

Actually I decided the balance of the last 3 seasons performances + the last 4 this season. Silly me for basing it on all available evidence.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Sep 2008 22:49

Ian Royal
Thaumagurist The other thing that's pissing me off about this whole thing is the fact that Everton did not make an offer. So how can Hunt have a problem with Reading if there was no sodding offer to turn down!! :roll:

I imagine the enquiry went something like this.

SC: Hi, Steve speaking
DM: Hello Steve, David Moyes here.
SC: Hello David.
DM: Is Stephen Hunt available for about £3.5M?
SC: No.
CLICK.

Thats not a formal bid in the strict sense of it. But in paper talk and the real world it kind of is a bid.

Well, according to the official site, Coppell said "I spoke with David Moyes, I think it was Sunday, and he was just making a call regarding a number of players and asking the situation. I explained the situation and never heard from him again."

So I imagine that your post might have been close, but I think it could have been:

DM: I am calling about Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle and James Harper. Could you tell me about their availability?
SC: I am going to be honest with you, David. We are not interested in selling any of those players, and if you really want to make an offer for any of those players, it's going to be very expensive, in excess of £5M for each before we can consider it and in all probability, we will turn it down. I hope I have explained the situation to you clearly?
DM: Yes, certainly, you have, Steve. Thanks for your time.
CLICK.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 02 Sep 2008 22:53

Thaumagurist*
Ian Royal
Thaumagurist The other thing that's pissing me off about this whole thing is the fact that Everton did not make an offer. So how can Hunt have a problem with Reading if there was no sodding offer to turn down!! :roll:

I imagine the enquiry went something like this.

DM: Is Stephen Hunt available for about £3.5M?
SC: No.
CLICK.

Thats not a formal bid in the strict sense of it. But in paper talk and the real world it kind of is a bid.

Well, according to the official site, Coppell said "I spoke with David Moyes, I think it was Sunday, and he was just making a call regarding a number of players and asking the situation. I explained the situation and never heard from him again."

So I imagine that your post might have been close, but I think it could have been:

DM: I am calling about Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle and James Harper. Could you tell me about their availability?
SC: I am going to be honest with you, David. We are not interested in selling any of those players, and if you really want to make an offer for any of those players, it's going to be very expensive, in excess of £5M for each before we can consider it and in all probability, we will turn it down. I hope I have explained the situation to you clearly?
DM: Yes, certainly, you have, Steve. Thanks for your time.
CLICK.

That's spooky :shock: I can almost hear Coppell saying that word for word!

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Sep 2008 22:56

Oh and it's probable that Coppell may have mentioned Hunt's £5M release clause, if there is one.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 02 Sep 2008 22:59

I like the way it took less than 24 hours ... :|

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:02

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:06

Ian Royal Actually I decided the balance of the last 3 seasons performances + the last 4 this season. Silly me for basing it on all available evidence.

Surely on the balance of his 3 seasons here, he is just about scraping a mediocre.. passion and energy does not a good player make. He has not obvious skill.

Winchester_Royal What does his hair cut have to do with anything?

Are you saying you like his hair cut? Besides, you're not even the real Winchester Royal - now there's a man with some skillz..

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:12

Yorkshire Royal
Ian Royal Actually I decided the balance of the last 3 seasons performances + the last 4 this season. Silly me for basing it on all available evidence.

Surely on the balance of his 3 seasons here, he is just about scraping a mediocre.. passion and energy does not a good player make. He has not obvious skill.

Winchester_Royal What does his hair cut have to do with anything?

Are you saying you like his hair cut? Besides, you're not even the real Winchester Royal - now there's a man with some skillz..

LOL, you're right i'm not Winchester Royal, i'm winchester_royal. Besides once more that is irrelevant.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 02 Sep 2008 23:15

Hunt is an important player for reading at this period of time and especially now we are in the championship as i think he will be the heartbeat of our team helping us grind out results in difficult games, so keeping him in this transfer window and hopefully until the end of the season is very important. We are all well aware of his qualities though he's not the polished article in my opinion and lacks the vital components of a winger (ie the ability to take on players and supply a consistently good cross) that would make him a burning success in the prem, so i do think he is over rated in that respect.I think we have come accustomed to hearing about premiership ambitions from virtually every major player at Reading now so unfortunately we have to take comments with a pinch of salt.If players like Hunt and Doyle can do the business on the football front this season and take Reading up they will probably get their wish of Premiership football with another club and if this happens then i dont think i would have many complaints in the end.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:17

winchester_royal LOL, you're right i'm not Winchester Royal, i'm winchester_royal. Besides once more that is irrelevant.

T'was a digression... I feel sorry the real guy though.. It's like some sort of mild identity fraud. And the real one has the best hobby ever. FACT.

Anyway, back to topic. Hunt's not a very good footballler. Glad he is staying as Convey is half the player he once was and he does appear to have learnt how to cross the ball.. But nothing is going to get me to change my mind. Steven Hunt is not a very good footballer.

And I cant believe you like his silly haircut..

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:22

Yorkshire Royal
winchester_royal LOL, you're right i'm not Winchester Royal, i'm winchester_royal. Besides once more that is irrelevant.

T'was a digression... I feel sorry the real guy though.. It's like some sort of mild identity fraud. And the real one has the best hobby ever. FACT.

Anyway, back to topic. Hunt's not a very good footballler. Glad he is staying as Convey is half the player he once was and he does appear to have learnt how to cross the ball.. But nothing is going to get me to change my mind. Steven Hunt is not a very good footballer.

And I cant believe you like his silly haircut..

LOL do you even know what fraud means?

Anyway I never said I liked his hair cut, just that it made no difference to how good a footballer he is.

And FWIW he is a bloody good one.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 02 Sep 2008 23:26

was very pissed off reading first report but as others have noted sporting life report contains more and

"Listen, if a club wanted me that badly, they would have paid the £5million, so I mustn't have been doing that well.

"But at the same time, I have done myself justice in the Premier League when I have played, and I am determined to get back up there, with Reading or without Reading."

fair play.....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Sep 2008 23:33

Hunt has a short term memory and seems to have forgotten about the new, more lucrative contract he signed earlier this year.
None of these players seem to have any patience, loyalty or responsibility.If they did they would be busting their bloody guts to get back into the Premiership with the team they went down with due to pitiful performances when it really mattered against Fulham and Bolton.
To then whinge about not being in the Prem when its their own fault shows scant regard for the idiots like us who spend our money supporting these ungrateful morons.
I reckon he will be gone in January.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Sep 2008 23:36

Stephen Hunt I haven't been a bad apple in the club over the last two or three years.

"I could have been, but I wasn't. I have been ultra-professional and probably deserve a little bit better from them.

You haven't done too badly from us though have you, you wretched little man? 2 pay rises in a year and we saved your ****ing career when you were freed by Brentford. Coming so soon after Kevin Doyle only just stopped short of saying over the weekend that he too was disappointed not to have moved on it really is hard to imagine that this squad are all pulling in the same direction :evil: .
Last edited by floyd__streete on 02 Sep 2008 23:43, edited 2 times in total.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Sep 2008 23:37

Yorkshire Royal LOL at Reading fans deciding Steven Hunt is a good player based on 4 appearances this year as opposed to 30+ rubbish ones last..

As I said, glad we didnt sell him as he has been good so far.. in the championship, but he needs to remember where he has come from. And he is a joke of a footballer. Rubbish first touch, until recently couldn't cross the ball and has a really, really stupid haircut..

I'll have some of what he's on please.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Sep 2008 23:46

If Hunt wasn't lucky enough to be a footballer he'd be parked in a field next to your house in a broken down caravan.

(Joking)

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:48

winchester_royal LOL do you even know what fraud means?

Anyway I never said I liked his hair cut, just that it made no difference to how good a footballer he is.

It was a typo you bellend.. I obviously meant theft and stop getting away from the fact that you have hijacked someone else's username. Poor etiquette if you ask me..

And LOL LOL LOL LOL at Hunt being declared a bloody good one - I really have read it all now..

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 02 Sep 2008 23:51

Yorkshire Royal
winchester_royal LOL do you even know what fraud means?

It was a typo you bellend.. I obviously meant theft and stop getting away from the fact that you have hijacked someone else's username. Poor etiquette if you ask me..

And LOL LOL LOL LOL at Hunt being declared a bloody good one - I really have read it all now..

I didn't know there was another WR before it was too late.

Not that it matters.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Sep 2008 23:56

Yorkshire Royal, just shut up and go to bed will you? You're an embarrassment.

retro royal

by retro royal » 03 Sep 2008 00:08

I was hoping him (Hunt), Doyle & harper would leave so we could rebuid properly, no dressing room problems, we're be lucky to get good money come January.

Kebe is A left sided midfielder in any case
Give James Henry a go, down the right, if not play Noel Hunt there
Biggest problem would have been Harper but Karacan could well replace

Upfront any combination of Lita, Long, Hunt, Mooney, or sign someone on Loan untill January

260 posts