Back from the game

131 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Sep 2008 00:40

FiNeRaIn That was one of the WORST defensive displays I have ever seen but a professional football club, I am speechless. In that first half, we looked more likely to score when they had the ball, they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.
Job done on our behalf but two points stand out for me, firstly, what would of happened if they had scored that one on one right after our first? Would of been a different game. Secondly, how much of that was us playing well or Wednesday being so bad they gave us the game?

I wish our fans would stop bating opposition fans, wednesday fans didn't sing one aggressive chant at us all night and jsut supported their team( even though they were terrible) yet we insisted on goading them, why? We at least had some respect to clap their big lad when he left 10 mins before the end. We come off as a right bunch of gobby spoilt cockneys at times.

Who said football was only a game :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Sep 2008 00:51

Awesome response from the team to saturdays limp display. Pearce and bikey looked right.both fbs were solid and rosi good going forward.hunt again superb.karacan and harps had more bite and at last a front two that works. Kebe was quiet but only in comparison to everyone else.We cut them to ribbons and could have had 10.
Doyle may get 20 goals for us before he goes in jan!

And credit to sc,kd and wd. For getting that performance out of them.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 17 Sep 2008 01:39

2nd goal to 6th recorded from the screen
http://www.livevideo.com/media/playvide ... CE83246182

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2008 01:57

BenReadingFC 2nd goal to 6th recorded from the screen
http://www.livevideo.com/media/playvide ... CE83246182

Cheers for that Ben. Bikey's header was great, Doyle's third goal looked class and Hunt took his goals with aplomb (I love that word). Hunt looks super confident.

Love Bikey and Hunt's exuberant celebrations.

Wednesday's defending looked absolutely shocking though...

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Sep 2008 07:51

Very pleasing last night. Even though we played a Sheff Wed team who couldn't defend we still did out job well. I thought at times we look a little shaky at the back, whether that was down to our defence or their attacking play which was actaully quite good at times. Kebe continues to impress me and the funny thing was that he never really got going last night. Overall it was just a quality display. Bring on Watford!!!

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 17 Sep 2008 08:01

Fantastic result, but this home form will be wasted if we don't start turning up for away games. Vast majority of the team were excellent, but Kebe and Harper were carried and put in the same lack lustre performances they did at Ipswich.

If James Harper really rates himself as a Premiership player then he should of stood out last night , just like S Hunt and Doyle did. Karacan way out played him in midfield and had far more influence on the ball, when I thought Harper was meant to be the "play maker".

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 17 Sep 2008 08:11

Fantastic display although I agree about the woeful defending from Wednesday - at times it made FFF look like professionals :lol:

Quote of the night from Compo, just before Doyle's hat-trick goal: "Square it, SQUARE IT!!!" :lol:

Need to kick on from this display againast Watford though - hopefully with the same team!!!

fridays child

by fridays child » 17 Sep 2008 08:14

Doyler I think that was the best performance I've seen from Reading in 3 years, absolutely fantastic.

Presume you don't get to many matches then. What was the match 3 years ago that was so good? We've had these since then:
December 05 Brighton 5-1
January 06 Cardiff 5-1
April 06 Derby 5-0
january 07 WHU 6-0

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Sep 2008 08:16

Well well. Doyle scores from open play. :mrgreen: Cracking third goal. I thought that SW made us look convincingly good. Surreal atomsphere really. It was almost like watching a CC 1st round.
The funniest highlight other than the football was the antics of Brian Laws and the balls on the pitch. This is exactly why championship football is such a lure. Such a turnaround from Sat. :shock:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Sep 2008 08:25

Schards#2 Hopefully Long has started has last game for Reading. N Hunt is head, shoulders and torso above him in every aspect of the game.

'greed. He was superb last night. Movement, awareness and his first touch, it left Shane Long in the shade.

Longy comes on and immediatley returns to giving the ball away. Nice header onto the bar but that can't hide the fact that with ball to feet, this kid is utter gash and should be on the bench at best.

I don't know what is going on with Leroy but he should be on that bench at the very least with Long possibly going on loan to a decent League 1 side.

Thought the performance last night was top notch. Some good tackles in the first half too. You could see who wanted it most. A few to many long balls but to be fair, it worked didn't it?!

But we do look a classy outfit with the ball on the ground.

I did cringe when I heard the bench read out though. How week is that!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2008 08:29

Not only did many of the Wednesday players look like they couldn't play football but most of them seemed completely incapable of grasping the law relating to offside.

Thick sh*t of the match award goes to the Wednesday number 2 who tried to take a free kick, awarded for offside against Reading, several yards inside our half!! :lol:

Still a great performance from Reading but the real test will be whether they can repeat it at Watford and start to turn around their dismal away form.

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 17 Sep 2008 08:31

fantastic result last night...only real negative i'd mention is Bikey looked suspect at the back, seemed to let his man be first to the ball most times and have to stab his legs around players to try to get a touch on the ball...and the amount of defensive headers he lost was quite shocking. If he was against any decent forward last night he'd have been found out.

Kebe didnt have the same sort of game he'd had in the last 2 home games, but still contributed like everyone else to demolish a rubbish Sheff Wed side. Long way to drive home with a defeat like that...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Sep 2008 08:33

Special mention to the fat Wednesday fan. Great entertainment, took it in good heart and was almost as much fun as the game itself. :lol:

Also, how pleasing to see three of our academy players on the pitch at the end. Brilliant.And all did their part tonight.

Kelly came on and immediately dinked the ball past his marker before bursting past him to get to the ball. Just as the legendary Michael Gilkes did so often for us.

Pearce was superb. Rock solid and great in the tackle. Future captain I hope. Full of ability. make sure his contract is a long one before people start noticing him!!!

Karacan again was good. Good in the pass, aware of what's around him, chased back, got stuck in and his movement a joy to watch.

FOOKING PLEASING!!

Captain Lager

by Captain Lager » 17 Sep 2008 08:33

That fat bloke milked his applause a bit didn't he?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Sep 2008 08:38

Captain Lager That fat bloke milked his applause a bit didn't he?

Fat bloke, no shirt, playing up to the home fans for all of the 90 minutes. Yeah, of course he did. :roll:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Sep 2008 08:46

Despite the goal i thought Bikey looked out of position and out of sorts.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 17 Sep 2008 08:57

royalexile Despite the goal i thought Bikey looked out of position and out of sorts.

A little bit perhaps, but I guess he needs a bit of time to get up to speed.

Overall, it was a really good team performance – Rosey and Armstrong looked solid; Pearce had a blinder and that pairing with Bikey looks promising; Kara and Harps might yet gel together – tremendous energy from them both; Kebe had a good enough first half but faded a bit; Hunt, S was a dynamo – clearly has a point to prove; and Hunt N and Doyle knitted really well together. Even USA managed to pull off a great save in a one-sided match. I thought Armstrong deserved a lot of credit for helping Marcus snuff out that early Wednesday chance - I can’t imagine Shorey would have chased back with such determination this season. Overall, it’s form we need to take on the road – we should batter Watford on Saturday playing like that. Christ they even lost at home to Plymouth!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Sep 2008 08:58

Deathy Longy comes on and immediatley returns to giving the ball away.

Well, I suppose he gave it away to Bobby, who then foolishly lost it to Noel who then squandered possesion by giving Wednesday the ball for a kick off :roll:

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 17 Sep 2008 08:58

Alan Partridge If he plays Ingimarsson then Coppell should be sacked Monday morning

royalexile Despite the goal i thought Bikey looked out of position and out of sorts.

Coppell is critical of Bikeys performance on the OS I agree that in the second half particularly he was often caught out of position and seemed to tire probably due to reasons given by SC. Ingi is far more consistent and reliable will probably be back at Vicarage Road if he is fit.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 17 Sep 2008 08:59

Silver Fox
Deathy Longy comes on and immediatley returns to giving the ball away.

Well, I suppose he gave it away to Bobby, who then foolishly lost it to Noel who then squandered possesion by giving Wednesday the ball for a kick off :roll:

Yeah, I can't be bothered to read his posts anymore.

131 posts