Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

149 posts
North Somerset Royal

Re: Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

by North Somerset Royal » 24 Sep 2008 08:42

Hang on a minute. Didnt Henry miss his pen as well? Was that also on purpose? If he had scored Leroys would not have put us out!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 24 Sep 2008 08:44

Woodcote Royal End of the road for the next to useless Lita, surely? And if that idiot Dellor can't face life without him, he can fcuk off, too.

Isn't he the worst commentator in the world?! Can't stand listening to him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2008 08:46

As for him "always falling over" - I thought that the last few games I saw him play in, he remained on his feet a lot more. Plus if he hadn't "fallen over" last night, we wouldn't have had a penalty and might not even have got to extra time and penalties. :roll:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Sep 2008 08:51

Deathy He didn't miss it on purpose, but the lad has got a huge chip on his shoulder and his penalty miss meant we were out, his ego will have taken a bashing and instead of looking dissapointed, he strutts back like the hard man he is...

Just Leroy being Leroy.

You know this is one of the worst threads ever when Hinton makes one of the most sensible posts

If anyone really believes that Leroy missed that penalty on purpose I've got a great offer from a Nigerian prince you might be interested in

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 24 Sep 2008 08:54

He may not have missed it on purpose but the last man in that side I wanted to have stroll up to take that penalty was him. I'd have had more faith in A Fed scoring and that's worrying.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2008 08:59

Do they still volunteer or does Copps choose them in order? And I have to say, the fact that Henry took the penalty during the game ahead of both of our strikers (and I use the term loosely) said it all really.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Sep 2008 09:25

Silver Fox If anyone really believes that Leroy missed that penalty on purpose I've got a great offer from a Nigerian prince you might be interested in

I don't think he missed it intentionally but he only had one plan and that was to hit it as hard as possible in the general direction of the goal. He took no care over it at all, put no thought into beating the keeper and didn't look too concerned when it missed.

It looked to me like he was just going through the motions and didn't care if he scored or missed.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Sep 2008 09:31

I am now fed up with Lita, he had the talent, he had a go at the Prem, where hi did ok for a while, but now as with so many others he can piss off, it's not the pen miss it's the whole attitude..

Without knowing whats going on at all, and TBH we never really will, it has to be between him and Coppell, Coppell tho thought enough of him to loan him to his mate Pardew, so he cant be all bad surely.

I think the dropping and sat not playing for ages in the prem played on Litas mind too much, his head is mixed up, and a move is best for all concerned, asap.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 24 Sep 2008 09:35

Did you see him at warmup? He couldnt' score then either. Just rubbish. Both him and Long...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 24 Sep 2008 09:36

It's pretty depressing really.

Lita seemingly out of favour, out of form, his attitude ruining what talent he has/may have had.

Shane Long gets more football as a result.

Fecked if Doyle or N.Hunt get injured.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 24 Sep 2008 09:54

No way in the world he missed it on purpose. Regardless of how he feels about the manager, he still wants to play football and the only chance he's getting to do that is in the cup, therefore why on earth would he intentionally ruin his only chance of another competitive 90 minutes between now and January?!!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 24 Sep 2008 09:59

I think it was part of his general problem of being more concerned with image than substance. He really just nonchalantly walked up and hit it, without any great concentration or mental preparation. You can only get away with that if it goes in!

Thinking about it - I think that this attitude that he has of being much more concerned with how cool he looks
than how effective he is explains about 90% of why he's not fulfilling his potential.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Sep 2008 10:08

Stooper Have you guys actually listened to yourselves?

Absolutely embarassing thread.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Sep 2008 10:12

Dirk Gently Thinking about it - I think that this attitude that he has of being much more concerned with how cool he looks than how effective he is explains about 90% of why he's not fulfilling his potential.

Which, if you recall, is exactly what I've been saying for over a year now.

Of course he didn't miss it deliberately, he's not that far gone, but, for me, he's not quite right in the head for a professional sportsman. If ever there was a case for a sports psychologist to be on the club's payroll, Leroy Lita is it.

Definite ability / potential, being almost completely scuppered by what's going on inside his head.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Sep 2008 10:19

You people are hilarious.

Or racist.

No, hilarious is the word I'm looking for.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Sep 2008 10:31

Alan Partridge
Stooper Have you guys actually listened to yourselves?

Absolutely embarassing thread.

Absolutely, but only for those who simply refuse to wake up and smell the coffee regarding a striker who has done next to nothing for nearly 2 years.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Sep 2008 10:31

Leroy is completely out of form and out of sorts. I don't think he deliberately endeavoured to miss the penalty. But if he wants to get back in the first team he really needs to show that he can find the net.

He is given a golden opportunity to show that he still has that strikers finishing touch from 12 yards out and he blazes it over the bar. How does Lita expect to get back in the team as a striker if he is never gonna score a goal. If he can't score and can't convert penalties he is not worth having.

Lita unlike Doyle doesn't do anywork for the team. The only thing that Lita can offer is goals. He doesn't stretch defenses, hold the ball up, link up play, close people down or contribute to the overall team performance. What Lita is supposed to be all about is goals. Now if he is in a recession and is not scoring any goals then there is nothing he can offer us.

At least when Doyle is in a drought he offers so much other value.

I don't think Lita will ever rediscover his goalscoring touch for Reading. He just doesn't seem to have the desire to rediscover it.

I think it is now clearly obvious that the best way forward for both Lita and Reading FC is apart.

See ya later Leroy! See ya back at the Madejski in a red shirt.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Sep 2008 10:32

Maybe these guys need to practice spot kicks more often.

It's not that difficult.............and don't give me ..........the pressure of the game etc. :roll:

The more you practice, the easier it gets, and consequently easier in the pressure moments of a game.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Sep 2008 10:35

Gordons Cumming Maybe these guys need to practice spot kicks more often.

It's not that difficult.............and don't give me ..........the pressure of the game etc. :roll:

The more you practice, the easier it gets, and consequently easier in the pressure moments of a game.

You mean they don't do it now? :shock:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 24 Sep 2008 10:36

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

149 posts