Booing Marcus

132 posts
Thames

Re: Booing Marcus

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 22:20

Here's an idea, why dont we sign a new keeper.

I vote John Lukic.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 22 Oct 2008 22:21

Anyone booing any player at the start of the game because of poor previous performance - oxf*rd off, probably back to watching football on Sky.

People who complain loudly when Hahnemann kicks the ball out of play - this happens once or twice a game. He is aiming for the flanks which is where we are most productive, and sometimes misjudges it. He isn't trying to kick the ball out or suffering from an inability to kick it down the middle, I don't notice anyone congratulating him when he finds Hunt or sets up an attack but as soon as he kicks it out of play BOOO BOOOO BOOO BRING ON FEDERICI.

Federici incidentally is good at spectacular saves but what have we seen to suggest he's anywhere near Hahnemann?

As for the poster(s) who said he was a liability, he was player of the season by a mile last year. 2 bad-ish performances don't make a liability.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:21

Avon Royal
winchester_royal
Alan Partridge Why don't we sign Maidenhead's keeper then if it doens't matter what league they are playing in? What a bizarre thing to say!

I personally don't rate Federici and he isn't even close to being in the same class as Hahnemann and just how consistant he's been over a long period of time, there will come a time soon when he needs to be replaced, Of the people at the club Hamer I'd say has the best chance although I beleive his replacement will come from the outside/

What I mean is that keeping in League 1 is not different to keeping in the Champ, as opposed to playing outfield.

Keep on digging!

If anything I am teaching, not digging. :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Oct 2008 22:22

Of course it is, it differs at any level you play at. How much you'll have to do, how many saves you make because the players are better in hgiher divisions so they hit it harder and on target more readily. If it made no difference then teams could just play anyone!

Phil Whitehead was an excellent goalkeeper for us in what's now League 1, but he wasn't agile enough and couldn't command his box well enough to play in the CHampionship, he was woefully out of his depth in the first 3 games before Hahnemann took over

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:22

We need to put an end to boom and bust.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:22

earleyroyal Anyone booing any player at the start of the game because of poor previous performance - oxf*rd off, probably back to watching football on Sky.

People who complain loudly when Hahnemann kicks the ball out of play - this happens once or twice a game. He is aiming for the flanks which is where we are most productive, and sometimes misjudges it. He isn't trying to kick the ball out or suffering from an inability to kick it down the middle, I don't notice anyone congratulating him when he finds Hunt or sets up an attack but as soon as he kicks it out of play BOOO BOOOO BOOO BRING ON FEDERICI.

Federici incidentally is good at spectacular saves but what have we seen to suggest he's anywhere near Hahnemann?

As for the poster(s) who said he was a liability, he was player of the season by a mile last year. 2 bad-ish performances don't make a liability.

I said he was BECOMING a liability. His age is starting to affect his speed of mind, that is something that some of the posters on this board are going to have to accept.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 22 Oct 2008 22:23

Because of 1 game???!!! If he does that over 5-10 games you MIGHT have a point. As it is you are talking shite in all honesty pal.

Thames

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 22:24

I'd rather have a dead goldfish on the floor than that baldy tw@t.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Oct 2008 22:24

winchester_royal His age is starting to affect his speed of mind, that is something that some of the posters on this board are going to have to accept.

:lol:

He's not Thora Hird!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:27

Alan Partridge . If it made no difference then teams could just play anyone!

You have obviously missed my point. I am saying that if you have a goalkeeper in L1 or L2 who is impressing the fans enormously, making no mistakes and filling his defence with confidence (which both Fed and Hamer are doing) then there is nothing to suggest they can't do it in the championship.

I am not saying we should stick 'anyone' in goal.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:27

floyd__streete
winchester_royal His age is starting to affect his speed of mind, that is something that some of the posters on this board are going to have to accept.

He's not Thora Hird!

Que?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:27

floyd__streete

He's not Thora Hird!

LOL at Marcus commanding his area on a Stannah stairlift!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:29

You say he's not a liability yet, that he's merely becoming one.

winchester_royal Marcus is becoming a liability, and he needs to be replaced ASAP.

Why would you replace "ASAP" someone who is not currently a liability?

Thames

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 22:29

winchester_royal
floyd__streete

He's not Thora Hird!

Que?

What about the goldfish?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 22 Oct 2008 22:29

winchester_royal

You have obviously missed my point. I am saying that if you have a goalkeeper in L1 or L2 who is impressing the fans enormously, making no mistakes and filling his defence with confidence (which both Fed and Hamer are doing) then there is nothing to suggest they can't do it in the championship.

If they are good enough, they'll get their chance, as it is Federici's loan has just been extended, that's how close to the first team he is

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:30

winchester_royal
floyd__streete

He's not Thora Hird!

Que?

Thora Hird was a Danish international goalie who played to the ripe old age of 78. Once failed to come out for the second half of a game as he'd forgotten what he'd left the house for.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:31

Alan Partridge
winchester_royal

If they are good enough, they'll get their chance, as it is Federici's loan has just been extended, that's how close to the first team he is

His loan has been extended for a mere 3 weeks. If he was that far away he'd of been sent out at at the start off the season for a whole year.

Thames

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 22:33

Why dont we get that massive fat bloke who always goes to away games and put him in goal.

The one who needs about 8 seats.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Oct 2008 22:35

LOLee WaLOLLOLace is a legend.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 22 Oct 2008 22:35

Well we do need a second choice keeper and that's what Federici is. Andersen isn't remotely good enough to play for Reading, he's getting some games doing well by all accounts but I've not been overly impressed when I've seen him. you talk about Hahnemann becoming a liablity based on one poor performance at Preston, yet in Federici's limited appearances I can think of 3 or 4 basic errors that have cost goals.

132 posts