Birmingham next week

130 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Birmingham next week

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Dec 2008 00:18

Were Coppell not and out-and-out 442 man, i'd like to see:

.........................Federici...........................

............Bikey........Doobs..........Ingi..............

Rosenior..........................................SHunt/Armstrong
..................Harper............Cisse...............

.............................Marek.......................

................NHunt..................Doyle............
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 14 Dec 2008 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Dec 2008 00:18

We've just won 4 on the bounce and conceded only the one goal. Does anyone really think SC will change the back 4?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Dec 2008 00:19

Platypuss We've just won 4 on the bounce and conceded only the one goal. Does anyone really think SC will change the back 4?

Not a hope in hell !!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Dec 2008 00:22

Platypuss We've just won 4 on the bounce and conceded only the one goal. Does anyone really think SC will change the back 4?

YeP... May well bring back Bikey, his pace against Brum could be invaluable.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Dec 2008 00:26

londinium I can only see one team for next week.

As I am sure Coppell will be the first to admit...horses for courses.. keep players in their correct position, not central midfielders on the wing.

Fed

Rosenior Ivar Bikey Stretch

SHunt Harper Cisse Henry

Doyle Long

I think Bikey offer that bit more than Doobs but wouldnt be unhappy to see Doobs there.
Henry is a winger, Marek isnt.
Yes the central two look defensive, but we are away from home and I would settle for a clean sheet and a point.
This may just be the time to rest Noel as he hasnt been great in the last 2 games and Longy may just have the confidence to put in the sort of performance he is capable of.

agreed with you untill that last sentence. And that sentence let your whole post down. D+

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Dec 2008 00:29

SLAMMED

As I am sure Coppell will be the first to admit...horses for courses.. keep players in their correct position, not central midfielders on the wing.

Fed

SHunt Harper Cisse Henry

Doyle Long

I think Bikey offer that bit more than Doobs but wouldnt be unhappy to see Doobs there.
Yes the central two look defensive, but we are away from home and I would settle for a clean sheet and a point.
This may just be the time to rest Noel as he hasnt been great in the last 2 games and Longy may just have the confidence to put in the sort of performance he is capable of.

agreed with you untill that last sentence. And that sentence let your whole post down. D+

I am really glad you disagree, that makes me feel I have got it just about right, as I value your opinion less than I do belly button fluff.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 14 Dec 2008 09:36

The 'keeper and back four will be the same, we are not looking totally solid at the back, but 1 goal in four matches conceded says let it stay as it is, as for the rest, midfield, I think there will be chamges around the midfield area again, can see Long coming in, I get the impression that SSC is going to make a stand over Long to convince nearly everyone that he IS well capable at this level, and SSC has said that Noel has been carrying some knocks lately. Hope to see a pretty good bench as well

Fed

Rosenior Duberry Ingi Armstrong

Long Cisse Harper Hunt S

Marek

Doyle

Subs:- McCarthey, Bikey, Gunnar, Henry, Hunt N

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 14 Dec 2008 09:43

£30 a ticket is taking the piss

last visit there was a great one though

think i'll watch it in the pub

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 14 Dec 2008 09:45

howser
Fed

Rosenior Duberry Ingi Armstrong

Long Cisse Harper Hunt S

Marek

Doyle

rg6royal Oh dear.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Dec 2008 10:20

howser I get the impression that SSC is going to make a stand over Long to convince nearly everyone that he IS well capable at this level,

By playing him on the right wing?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 14 Dec 2008 10:42

[quote="Platypuss"][quote="howser"] I get the impression that SSC is going to make a stand over Long to convince nearly everyone that he IS well capable at this level,[/quote]

By playing him on the right wing? [img]http://mazeguy.net/silly/fryingpan.gif[/img][/quote]

I put him there cos without Kebe we have been found wanting, Henry promising but I dont think that the management see him as ready yet, tried Rosey there before....didnt work, we are a bit short on that side and even though a couple of you have found the selection odd, remember Doyle was abandoned out there last year without too much critisism, so its not as if we havent put and tried strikers out there before. In favour of him playing there he is quick, strong and with Henry not playing yesterday, Convey not on pace anymore, what are the other midfield options Marek, after yesterday I dont think so, and for the life of me I cant see who else can fill it I dont see Harps, Gunnar, Cisse or Bikey speeding up and down the wing, odd some of you may think but just utilising the squads capabilities.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 14 Dec 2008 11:09

John Madejski's Wallet Were Coppell not and out-and-out 442 man, i'd like to see:

Rosenior..........................................SHunt/Armstrong
..................Harper............Cisse...............

.............................Marek.......................

................NHunt..................Doyle............

You have to let the players determine the formation a bit though.

If there was any evidence that Marek could play like Zidane, I would go for this, but currently our attacking stengths are Stephen Hunt and Doyle. Just play 442 with two wide men and get the ball out to them as often as possible.

541 might work:

Rosenior.......................................... Armstrong
..........................Harper...........................

.........Henry...........Marek...............SHunt........

..............................Doyle............

But I don't see the point in playing three centre halves when only one of them is mobile.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 14 Dec 2008 11:20

SLAMMED

Fed

SHunt Harper Cisse Henry

Doyle Long

I agree - I don't think Hunt has played well in any games except Coventry: dropping for Long is overdue.
Let Bikey come back in for Duberry and drop Marek for Henry (or maybe even Convey) as well and we have something close to out best team.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 14 Dec 2008 11:38

Handsome Man
SLAMMED

Fed

SHunt Harper Cisse Henry

Doyle Long

I agree - I don't think Hunt has played well in any games except Coventry: dropping for Long is overdue.
Let Bikey come back in for Duberry and drop Marek for Henry (or maybe even Convey) as well and we have something close to out best team.

Having Bikey back will be a real boost but I don't see why we would drop Doobs. He's been solid at the back.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 14 Dec 2008 11:41

chilipepper91 I don't think Matejovsky has the pace to be a winger. He needs to be in the middle to play the football he wants. Too often today he drifted inside from the wing, leaving Rosenior exposed.

There is a subtle difference between being a right winger and a right sided midfielder.

Ask Darren Caskey who didn't exactly have "electric pace".

Not that I'm suggesting Marek should play there though as I thought he was pretty ineffective yesterday.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 14 Dec 2008 11:42

Chuckle Brother
chilipepper91 I don't think Matejovsky has the pace to be a winger. He needs to be in the middle to play the football he wants. Too often today he drifted inside from the wing, leaving Rosenior exposed.

There is a subtle difference between being a right winger and a right sided midfielder.

Ask Darren Caskey who didn't exactly have "electric pace".

Marek's best position is behind the striker.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Dec 2008 11:46

chilipepper91 Played as a winger sometimes for Dundee IIRC.

Dundee United, please.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 14 Dec 2008 11:53

rabidbee

Dundee United, please.

Sorry, hypocritical of me.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Dec 2008 11:54

chilipepper91
rabidbee

Dundee United, please.

Sorry, hypocritical of me.

:?:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Dec 2008 12:54

Fed

SHunt Harper Cisse Henry

Doyle Long

So why swap the wingers?

130 posts