The Right Back Issue

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Right Back Issue

by SteveRoyal » 18 Jan 2009 22:23

AthleticoSpizz
SteveRoyal From set pieces.
(whilst not pushing forward) :roll:

Even defenders push forward from set pieces.
I was thinking during open play.
Sorry for the miscommunication.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 18 Jan 2009 22:52

Now if only we were still in the cup...Rossy would be back for Wolves!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jan 2009 08:31

SteveRoyal
AthleticoSpizz
RoyalBlue Just can't see Bryn being able to produce the same level of threat going forward.

:?:

Gun is a defensive midfielder/defender. He's hardly likely to push forward and get a cross in, is he?

I think you guys miss my point (although I probably didn't make it very well).

Yes, of course Bryn is capable of pushing forward etc. (although I question whether he has the pace to overlap Kebe in the manner that Rosenior does) but how capable will he then be of getting back in time if Wolves mount a quick counter-attack?!! If Bryn does play at right back, I wouldn't want to see him pushing forward too much for that very reason, particularly if Kebe (with his defensive frailties) is playing in front of him

Also I very much doubt Bryn will be as good as Rosenior in getting around the back of the last defender/to the bye-line and getting a decent cross in.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 19 Jan 2009 08:41

I would have thought Murty has a recall clause in the deal, so i'd imagine he will be returning. If he isn't then it doesn't look good for Murts' furure here if he isn't even 2nd choice RB anymore.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jan 2009 08:43

boy1985 I would have thought Murty has a recall clause in the deal, so i'd imagine he will be returning. If he isn't then it doesn't look good for Murts' furure here if he isn't even 2nd choice RB anymore.

Without reading the whole thread again, I'm sure someone has already pointed out that players cannot be recalled in the first 30 days of a loan period. Those are the rules and cannot be changed even if BOTH clubs agree.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 19 Jan 2009 08:55

Don't suppose he will, but I think there is a definite case for Coppell playing 5 in midfield for this (as there was at Swansea).

NHunt has done very little of late, and if we can win the central midfield we can hopefully prevent too much service getting to their wingers and protect either our rookie/out of position full back.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jan 2009 09:39

Don't see what the issue is, apart from if we cant beat wolves who play 2 games in 3 days then we DO HAVE AN ISSUE

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jan 2009 09:48

loyalroyal4life Don't see what the issue is, apart from if we cant beat wolves who play 2 games in 3 days then we DO HAVE AN ISSUE

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - I make that 4 days. And players are used to it so there is no great advantage to be gained.

I think it is more of a problem having not played for a week and a half.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 19 Jan 2009 09:56

Wycombe Royal
boy1985 I would have thought Murty has a recall clause in the deal, so i'd imagine he will be returning. If he isn't then it doesn't look good for Murts' furure here if he isn't even 2nd choice RB anymore.

Without reading the whole thread again, I'm sure someone has already pointed out that players cannot be recalled in the first 30 days of a loan period. Those are the rules and cannot be changed even if BOTH clubs agree.

Ah right sorry didnt see that :oops:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 19 Jan 2009 10:22

winchester_royal No reason why Kelly or BK can't step up to the plate.

'greed. Or Pearce.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Jan 2009 10:29

loyalroyal4life Don't see what the issue is, apart from if we cant beat wolves who play 2 games in 3 days then we DO HAVE AN ISSUE

Wolves will play their reserves in the Cup.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jan 2009 10:33

Gordons Cumming

Wolves will play their reserves in the Cup.

I'm not sure they will. Middlesbrough at home is a great chance for a cup upset and they have a five point cushion over us. I think they will field a nearly full strength team.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Jan 2009 10:43

I would like tosee coppell show faith in the young lad Kelly. He's done it with others this season, he clearly rates him as he's played him a few times and named him as sub on numerous occasions. In previous years I too would have had the Gunnarsson option but the thought of Boris, Duberry and Ivar in the same back 4 would worry me immensely considering Wolves pace down the flanks and also that of Ebanks Blake. I would be tempted to find a place for Bikey, but maybe for Ivar. Reasoning I think Duberry is by far and away the best header of the ball in the side. He is dominant in that part of the game and could mark Iwelumo, I would be slightly concerned with Ebanks Blake but feel Bikey would be better suited in handling him.

Definitely a part they'll be working very hard and thinking very hard about over the next week whih way his defense will line up.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jan 2009 10:45

Alan Partridge I would like tosee coppell show faith in the young lad Kelly.

We agree. :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Jan 2009 10:52

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge I would like tosee coppell show faith in the young lad Kelly.

We agree. :shock:

New Year, new beginnings! :P

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jan 2009 10:58

Wycombe Royal

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - I make that 4 days. And players are used to it so there is no great advantage to be gained.

I think it is more of a problem having not played for a week and a half.

they play on saturday so that means they have sunday and monday off?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 19 Jan 2009 10:59

Got to be Kelly. If he can't get a place under these circumstances then there is absolutely no point in having him in the squad. In fact i often wonder why we have such a large squad when in Coppell's eyes our squad is realistically about 18.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Jan 2009 11:10

Anyone but Boris for me. Even in our first season in the Prem when he was pressed into playing right back he was slow and skinned often, that was two years ago :| It has to be Bikey or Kelly for me otherwise what sort of signal does that send out to those waiting in the wings?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 19 Jan 2009 11:12

Bikey for me, anybody else but Wolves id say Kelly but Jarvis needs an experienced player watching over him imo

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 Jan 2009 11:20

Bikey always seems completely out of sorts when pulled wide by forwards, so I worry about how he'll cope playing out there for a whole game. I expect Jarvis will murder him.