Snow news is good news!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Snow news is good news!

by Dirk Gently » 02 Feb 2009 14:28

Royal Lady Dirk!!! Did you get to Manchester for your meeting already??

No it looks like it's not going to happen :evil: :twisted:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 02 Feb 2009 17:52

West Stand Flash Haha, RobRoyal bless you. Using big BIG swear words. Don't let mummy see you using the computer.

Brilliant. Upset by swearing, jokes about mummy. You've proved your maturity, no doubt. For your next challenge, stop posting boneheaded rubbish on forums.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2009 18:27

Ian Royal's thoughts on who in our squad will be an asset to the team in the Prem.

Goalkeeper
Hahnemann:- Depending on how he comes back from his injury he should be good enough for a season at least. Especially as a reserve 'keeper.
Federici:- Early days, but if he can get in the rest of this season, he could be good enough to share duties with Hahnemann. Shows a lot of promise and has already got a bit of big game experience.

Defenders
Rosenior:- Good enough, a few question marks for me, but in a team playing reasonably well he'll do ok.
Armstrong:- Won't be anything special, but should be good enough. With him and Rosenior I think we'd need to change our style as I can't see them being able to go forward as much.

Duberry:- I think his strength & experience would be useful, a decent back up Centreback to have on the books
Bikey:- A lot of promise but not quite followed up on it for me yet. Would be a good first choice CB with a steady quality player next to him.
Pearce:- Not going to be ready, probably even if he gets the rest of the season in. But he'll make an OK back up if he can get a bit more experience.

Midfield
Harper:- Good enough with the right player next to him, but that player HAS to be exactly the right blend to complement him. Will be fine in a midfield 3.
Matejovsky:- See Harper
Cisse:- Would do as a back up midfielder. Doesn't quite have the passing quality and football brain I think he'd need. Only really playable in a midfield 3.
Karacan:- Useful back up bench player. Could prove invaluable in the future if he's nurtured well.

Wingers
SHunt:- Good enough, but needs some quality behind him to push him and step in when he flags. Also needs a threat on the opposite wing so he doesn't get doubled up on so much.
Kebe:- Jury out. Definitely a useful sub winger, maybe good enough to start.
Henry:- Potentially good enough as a back up player, but needs game time to get there. I'd like to see Coppell using him as a sub for Kebe with 15 - 20 to go every game at least, to help try and ensure that.

Strikers
Doyle:- Easily good enough, fast over taking Kitson as the best striker I've ever seen play for us.
NHunt:- Decent reserve and bench striker
Lita:- See NHunt.

Can't form an opinion on Tabb yet. Don't think Ivar, Kelly, Gunnarsson, Murty, Convey or Long are up to it in any stretch of the imagination. Might be harsh on Ivar, possibly Murty too, but that's the way I see it.

SO: I make that us needing a Full back to cover Armstrong (preferably able to cover Rosenior too), A Centreback to come straight in, a tough tackling, fit and good passing midfielder, a Winger (right wing, shift Kebe to cover SHunt) and a Striker.

5 Players then, 3 - 4 to come straight in. Not unreasonable IMO

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 02 Feb 2009 19:26

Ian Royal Ian Royal's thoughts on who in our squad will be an asset to the team in the Prem.

This is all based on tv, radio, hna and maybe 1 or 2 games?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Really unbelivable at times im sorry

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Feb 2009 19:45

moo
Ian Royal Ian Royal's thoughts on who in our squad will be an asset to the team in the Prem.

This is all based on tv, radio, hna and maybe 1 or 2 games?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Really unbelivable at times im sorry

:lol: :lol:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 02 Feb 2009 20:14

RobRoyal
West Stand Flash Haha, RobRoyal bless you. Using big BIG swear words. Don't let mummy see you using the computer.

Brilliant. Upset by swearing, jokes about mummy. You've proved your maturity, no doubt. For your next challenge, stop posting boneheaded rubbish on forums.

Put you handbag away Rob or GTFO :roll:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Feb 2009 21:55

Gareth Keenan Investigates > Ian Royal's thoughts on who in our squad will be an asset to the team in the Prem.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Feb 2009 10:25

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you redeem your ott negative posts with classics like this.