Drop Doyle!

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Drop Doyle!

by The Rouge » 19 Feb 2009 16:09

To be honest I think our black and Irish players have kept us afloat. I have noticed that all those inbetween really struggle when there is a south to north breeze going across the Madejski - or any kind of breeze from the south. Coppell definitely knows this - I have seen him think and then either batten down the hatches or open up the floodgates according to the conditions out there. Its a shame this has such a big bearing on our season, but i knew it would happen. I knew it. Coppell knows it and I know it. Dillon knows I think, but definitely Coppell and me - maybe Wally, not sure. Interesting.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Feb 2009 16:16

The Rouge To be honest I think our black and Irish players have kept us afloat. I have noticed that all those inbetween really struggle when there is a south to north breeze going across the Madejski - or any kind of breeze from the south. Coppell definitely knows this - I have seen him think and then either batten down the hatches or open up the floodgates according to the conditions out there. Its a shame this has such a big bearing on our season, but i knew it would happen. I knew it. Coppell knows it and I know it. Dillon knows I think, but definitely Coppell and me - maybe Wally, not sure. Interesting.

if that's really true, what we need to do is get the scouts out looking for black irish players - then we'd be unbeatable!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 19 Feb 2009 16:18

Dirk Gently
The Rouge To be honest I think our black and Irish players have kept us afloat. I have noticed that all those inbetween really struggle when there is a south to north breeze going across the Madejski - or any kind of breeze from the south. Coppell definitely knows this - I have seen him think and then either batten down the hatches or open up the floodgates according to the conditions out there. Its a shame this has such a big bearing on our season, but i knew it would happen. I knew it. Coppell knows it and I know it. Dillon knows I think, but definitely Coppell and me - maybe Wally, not sure. Interesting.

if that's really true, what we need to do is get the scouts out looking for black irish players - then we'd be unbeatable!

Clinton Morrision, innit?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Feb 2009 16:54

Gloria Gooner
LUX
Gloria Gooner I have genuine concerns about the matches around St Patrick's Day - the Irish players will surely be distracted due to the festivities and should be dropped for those 3 games.

to be honest, I resent having opinions about my team given by the supporter of another team.

just saying like.

I have a Reading FC season ticket, I just can't change my username. If this gives you a problem, then tough.

your just in it for the glory, plus Arsenal are rubbish now.

I've supported us since before Coppell even took over.

Where were you on Pants day?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 19 Feb 2009 16:58

LUX your just in it for the glory, plus Arsenal are rubbish now.

And I thought better of you.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2009 16:59

Dirk Gently

Clinton Morrison? Altough to be fair he did think County Down was hosted by Jeff Stelling.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Feb 2009 17:04

Alan Partridge
Dirk Gently

Clinton Morrison? Altough to be fair he did think County Down was hosted by Jeff Stelling.

joke in appropriate as clinton morrison has represented the republic of ireland and county down is in northern ireland and thus he can be excused his lack of knowledge of a foreign state

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2009 17:06

Yeah but it worked in the gag Gus. He should know all things Irish.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 19 Feb 2009 17:21

Corker of a joke. My Dad, our kid or armagh would have been happy with it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Feb 2009 17:23

Just stick a cork in it, will you?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2009 17:28

you too Dublin up is all i need

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Feb 2009 17:42

Why stop with Doyle. Clearly all our players are rubbish as all they have managed to acheive so far this season is third place - with games in hand.

The under 7's boys reserve team are doing well at present and will do a much better job on Saturday than our failed first teamers. Let's give the boys a chance and I am sure they will win 11-0 and show up the failed players like Doyle.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Feb 2009 17:47

I know Doyle hasn't been scoring lately, but he's still probably our best striker so on that basis I think we should leave him in the team.

Can't agree that we should play Under 7s either - they're not physically mature enough to mix it with men, no matter how good they might be.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 19 Feb 2009 17:52

I was with you for the fist bit Andrew but I kinda think you lost credibility suggesting that 7 year olds could cut it in the championship. Even if they are good on the deck they would struggle to hold the ball up and play in others.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 19 Feb 2009 17:57

Coppell has proen he's good at getting in decent players. Look at Keown & Ferdinand. Personally I think an experienced striker like Ferdinand will do better than any of our under performing strikers. Maybe Windass?

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 19 Feb 2009 17:59

TBM ... we should drop Kevin Doyle from the team ...

Why didn't I think of that ?

Doyle's only in the team cos of various things.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 19 Feb 2009 18:32

Harry Carry Is this the thread we're supposed to post on to wind up the regulars on the 'Team board'?

I would never have guessed..

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Feb 2009 18:51

You AE types are a barrel of laughs :lol: :wink:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 19 Feb 2009 19:32

Seriously?

Don't you people have lives?