Back from the game Burnley

B16

Re: Back from the game Burnley

by B16 » 09 May 2009 23:59

Anyone seeing any similarities with the Wolves play-off? Play well in the first leg but still end up losing by a one goal margin and simultaneously losing our best striker. We then went on to struggle in the home leg and get turned over again...

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 10 May 2009 00:01

The team were amazing, the fans were amazing, well done Reading.

The drive back went on forever...

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 10 May 2009 00:02

B16 Anyone seeing any similarities with the Wolves play-off? Play well in the first leg but still end up losing by a one goal margin and simultaneously losing our best striker. We then went on to struggle in the home leg and get turned over again...

Dont be silly...against wolves we didnt have a natural right winger :wink:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 10 May 2009 00:11

Most frustrating gme since....... the last time we played Burnley away

The tie should well and truly be wrapped up...Burnley were truly aweful.

A couple of great saves and the one Kebe should have squared to kitson would have been enough but the one that really gets me was when Long was clean through on goal and given off side at 0-0 when he was nothing of the sort.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 May 2009 00:16

Sh*tting hell, we've actually done superbly well to lose that. Totally dominated the game, chances galore, Hahnemann a mere spectator. And we lose. Without scoring. Nice work. Same old RFC play-off disaster; they never cease to find new ways in which to disappoint.

Fair play to the midfield trio; Tabb's best game for us, Gunnarsson was excellent as was Marek. Sadly the final ball was lacking as per. Kebe's failure to roll the ball across the box to an unmarked Kitson will probably end up costing us. Serious lack of technique from Kebe when it comes to the crunch.

Burnley fans; I don't normally care enough about the opposition to comment, but my 4th visit to Turf Moor, your biggest game in more than 30 years and not a peep out of you until the penalty. Then bucketloads of billy big-b*llocks attitude afterwards. Didn't hear much out of you coming out the ground when we spanked you 5-2 and 3-0 on previous visits. Always the same up north; a chip on the shoulder? More like the entire stock of Harry Ramsdens. I'd love for you to pay for your premature and pathetic goading celebrations afterwards.....sadly with this team we haven't really got a prayer of having the last laugh really.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 10 May 2009 00:17

floyd__streete Sh*tting hell, we've actually done superbly well to lose that. Totally dominated the game, chances galore, Hahnemann a mere spectator. And we lose. Without scoring. Nice work. Same old RFC play-off disaster; they never cease to find new ways in which to disappoint.

Fair play to the midfield trio; Tabb's best game for us, Gunnarsson was excellent as was Marek. Sadly the final ball was lacking as per. Kebe's failure to roll the ball across the box to an unmarked Kitson will probably end up costing us. Serious lack of technique from Kebe when it comes to the crunch.

Burnley fans; I don't normally care enough about the opposition to comment, but my 4th visit to Turf Moor, your biggest game in more than 30 years and not a peep out of you until the penalty. Then bucketloads of billy big-b*llocks attitude afterwards. Didn't hear much out of you coming out the ground when we spanked you 5-2 and 3-0 on previous visits. Always the same up north; a chip on the shoulder? More like the entire stock of Harry Ramsdens. I'd love for you to pay for your premature and pathetic goading celebrations afterwards.....sadly with this team we haven't really got a prayer of having the last laugh really.

+1

marysiaska

by marysiaska » 10 May 2009 00:25

londinium Most frustrating gme since....... the last time we played Burnley away

The tie should well and truly be wrapped up...Burnley were truly aweful.

A couple of great saves and the one Kebe should have squared to kitson would have been enough but the one that really gets me was when Long was clean through on goal and given off side at 0-0 when he was nothing of the sort.

We should have beat them 3 0....it's so frustrating to lose when we were the better team....they are so cocky...we need to show them Tuesday night......put our bad home form behind us....hope our players step up to the challenge and give us something to celebrate!!!!! just wish Doyle wasnt injured!!!!........I still have faith!!!!......

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 May 2009 00:35

Atmosphere was immense, shame can't be said about our failure to see the game out. Looked a definete foul from where I was stood, unsure whether it was inside or outside.

Bikey was an absolute disgrace throwing his shirt around.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 10 May 2009 00:45

Cracking atmosphere today.

Should we have had a penalty for a challenge on Shane Long when the ball was coming into the box?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 10 May 2009 00:48

floyd__streete Sh*tting hell, we've actually done superbly well to lose that. Totally dominated the game, chances galore, Hahnemann a mere spectator. And we lose. Without scoring. Nice work. Same old RFC play-off disaster; they never cease to find new ways in which to disappoint.

Floyd, I was with you 100%, until your very last throwaway line. Burnley are going to have to play a hell of a lot better on Tuesday than they did today. I'm not mega optimistic but I still think we have a fighting chance. Go on, give the team a break just this once. Forget Kebe being shit and Bikey being as mad as cheese, there is still enough in this team to get a positive result next week.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 10 May 2009 00:49

savage 4 england Cracking atmosphere today.

Should we have had a penalty for a challenge on Shane Long when the ball was coming into the box?

I thought so. He tried to turn to chase the ball and was tripped. But I haven't seen any replays. He was sure remonstrating with the referee a couple of moments later when Marek got booked, so he obviously thought it was a penalty.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 May 2009 00:51

Same as wolves when we lost in the last play-offs, dominate for long periods, end up losing to a shit goal ( murty og back that day), today was a moment of madness the keeper had the ball covered. Burnley didn't deserve to win but they got the luck...the luck we haven't got since the dodgy watford goal all those months ago. Regardless of that I think our time is up and can't see us winning the second leg. I'l go for 1-1 with burnley to equalise. Big changes in the summer im afraid---end of an era.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2009 00:55

Wizard

I thought so. He tried to turn to chase the ball and was tripped. But I haven't seen any replays. He was sure remonstrating with the referee a couple of moments later when Marek got booked, so he obviously thought it was a penalty.

Burnley player fell over and took him out by accident. Could have been given, but would have been very very harsh IMO

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 10 May 2009 00:59

Ian Royal
Wizard

Burnley player fell over and took him out by accident. Could have been given, but would have been very very harsh IMO

I know it may be harsh on the player, but the ball was coming into the box and prevented a goalscoring chance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2009 01:04

It was pretty much the keeper's all the way anyhow. the only way Long was getting it was if the keeper randomly fell over or Long fouled him.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 10 May 2009 01:06

Ian Royal It was pretty much the keeper's all the way anyhow. the only way Long was getting it was if the keeper randomly fell over or Long fouled him.

I think the time since the game has hindered my view.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 10 May 2009 01:11

Im back from the game. IS a bit gutting to go all that way and comeaway with a deficit.

I thought the performance was promising. If Kebe had squared that ball to Long we would have surely been 1-0 up.

But i dont know why everyone is slating Bikey so much. He made a silly tackle in the box and stamped on the Burnley player and got sent off, but he is still a great centre back, and when he wasn't acting like an ape (no racist joke intended), he made some decent chalenges and passes.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 May 2009 01:15

Once again undone by an act of total stupidity by Bikey. The mans petulant stamp was out of order, the shirt pulling incident real stupidity. Thi9s was in a game where we had more of the game, showed more desire and our passing movement was excellent. Burnley - despite the 'up for it' talk of their website proved much more nervous than i thought they would be.

Kebe should have crossed early on the break to Kitson for a dead on goal, why oh why he never chose that option until too late is something he would have to rue. If he's have done so tonights result wouldn't have been too bad. Gunnarsson were solid and contained and broke down and Burnley attack. Gunnarsson and Tabb in particular were steady, with Tabb constantly roaming and nicking the ball off the feet off the opposition.

It was a real, real shame to lose Doyle as him and Long looked the ideal partnership to finally get that goal we all craved. We are now really limited in our options up front with it now looking more likely a 4-5-1 for the home leg.

It's not over yet but we have a damage limitation act to carry out on tuesday night. Burnley will be the more confident going into that game. They can sit back and frustrate. We have to go balls out to get the goals.

The support was fantastic tonight. Burnley support was a total waste.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 May 2009 01:27

royalexile Once again undone by an act of total stupidity by Bikey.

Sorry, how?

Did we lose the game because Bikey lost his rag? No. We lost the game because Bikey took a handful of Thompson's shirt having got the wrong side of him, in an action that will be seen 10 times around the country every weekend. It was poor defending. The act of total stupidity that followed has done "undone" us - it means that we'll have to win promotion playing a young centre-back who plenty of nobbers would want in the team anyway.

Not to condone the undoubted stupidity, but really - the impact of the penalty and the missed chances is far greater.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 May 2009 01:34

Well that's bloody obvious isn't it.