DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 12:29

Royal Rother
Deathy He was one of the better players today

Having opened a thread a few minutes after the game entitled "DROP ROSENIOR"...?

Attention seeking at its most feeble.

Listen, he was poor, but one of the lesser poor yesterday. If you take the last 18 months, he's been nothing short of useless. As said already, he still throws his arms about when something goes wrong, when it's his fault. He shakes his head and avoids all responsibility. He persistantly gives the ball away, he panics and lumps the ball forward. He likes to get forward but leaves us exposed when he can't read the game and get back in time. Something Murty was superb at. He would bust a blood vessel to get back and often did. Now, Rodgers has a bit of a habit from getting the best from very inconsistant players, let's hope he can do the same with quite a few Reading players this term, because as said already, who the hell have we got to replace him?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2009 12:32

So....

You opened a thread saying Drop Rosenior.

You now acknowledge he was one of the best players in the team yesterday.

You also now acknowledge that we have no-one to replace him with.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 12:36

Royal Rother So....

He is a hinderance currently. Drop him, yes. Perhaps Bertrand on the right and Armstrong back at left back. The team was poor yesterday, Rosenior did more right than many, but still how many times did he give away possession and lose his man? We were raped again and again down the left yesterday.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 16 Aug 2009 12:41

Deathy
Royal Rother So....

He is a hinderance currently. Drop him, yes. Perhaps Bertrand on the right and Armstrong back at left back. The team was poor yesterday, Rosenior did more right than many, but still how many times did he give away possession and lose his man? We were raped again and again down the left yesterday.

Newcastles joy down their left flank had more to do with their left back and left winger being 2 of the better players in this league (and 2 of their better players in the Prem last season) both with International experience for very good footballing nations and Church (International experience for a very poor footballing nation) going missing leave Liam 2 on 1

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Aug 2009 12:43

liam had his man covered for that goal, it was whoever let the other guy run in next to them uncovered that was at fault. no idea who that was, but even if i did, i wouldnt be calling for him to be dropped

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2009 12:44

Deathy, 7 minutes ago you said we had no-one to replace him with, now we can put Bertrand there.

Your thinking has been very confused on this thread.

I blame Tesco for selling cheap alcohol.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 13:12

Royal Rother Deathy, 7 minutes ago you said we had no-one to replace him with, now we can put Bertrand there. Your thinking has been very confused on this thread. I blame Tesco for selling cheap alcohol.

We only have Julian Kelly for right back cover, yes? But we can and have already played players out of position with Rodgers, so yeah, why not try Bertrand at right back? It's an option when we have so few.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Aug 2009 13:15

because rosenior is a bettr RB than left sided bertrand, or the currently too weak kelly

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Aug 2009 14:50

1960 I'll add to the criticise every player club. After Pearce's unforgiveable stupidity leading up to the second goal, and when he realised the ball was still live he just stood on the edge of the box like a rabbit in the headlights and did not move to cover players. So the cross went over his head and had to be dealt with (not dealt with) by the totally exposed Rosenior.

While Pearce did turn away and ignore the ball running towards the goal line, the man who should have done far more about it was Tabb.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 16 Aug 2009 14:56

Platypuss
1960 I'll add to the criticise every player club. After Pearce's unforgiveable stupidity leading up to the second goal, and when he realised the ball was still live he just stood on the edge of the box like a rabbit in the headlights and did not move to cover players. So the cross went over his head and had to be dealt with (not dealt with) by the totally exposed Rosenior.

While Pearce did turn away and ignore the ball running towards the goal line, the man who should have done far more about it was Tabb.

Glad to see someone else was actually watching the game and noticed Tabb switch off as well - and to be fair Taylor will not hit a better cross than that all season - even if all our players in the box had been correctly positioned a ball between the keeper and defenders with that much pace and accuarcy is only not going to lead to a goal if the striker contrives to put it too close to the keeper or miss it completely.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Aug 2009 15:01

I rather thought for their second Rosenior decided to tuck in and double up on Cisse's man with hi,, having obviously decided that the tall man who had already scored from a cross behind him was no threat what-so-ever.

I don't think Rosenior is good enough, he's been poor pretty much since he joined us two seasons ago, not just three games. I don't think Kelly is good enough, although at least he has being young and inexperienced as an excuse. I'd rather watch Kelly f-up consistently all season than Rosenior.

But the transfer window isn't closed and it is very very obvious that we have two good left backs and no good right backs.

And I do not believe that Rosenior is wholly at fault for us losing. Just that he is less likely than anyone else to contribute to us starting to win.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 16 Aug 2009 15:12

I realise this is a thread about Liam but to blame him in any way for the second goal is extremely one-eyed to say the least.

The crossing opertunity was created thanks to very poor play by both Pearce and Tabb.

The cross was as I said above fantastic - it took Rosenior and Cisse out of the game (and would have taken almost every defender in this league out of the game). The very best defenders may have managed to throw themselves full length towards their own goal and get a deft enough touch to take the ball away from the striker and out for a corner but with crosses that good the result is a goal far more often than not. Even if defenders can get to the ball first an own goal is more likely than a clearence.

The fault lies with the players who allowed the cross - and the problem was that the cross and Ameobi's reaction to it were as good as we will see in this division.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Aug 2009 15:15

Archies Volley II I realise this is a thread about Liam but to blame him in any way for the second goal is extremely one-eyed to say the least.

The crossing opertunity was created thanks to very poor play by both Pearce and Tabb.

The cross was as I said above fantastic - it took Rosenior and Cisse out of the game (and would have taken almost every defender in this league out of the game). The very best defenders may have managed to throw themselves full length towards their own goal and get a deft enough touch to take the ball away from the striker and out for a corner but with crosses that good the result is a goal far more often than not. Even if defenders can get to the ball first an own goal is more likely than a clearence.

The fault lies with the players who allowed the cross - and the problem was that the cross and Ameobi's reaction to it were as good as we will see in this division.

The chance was certainly created by idiocy.

The goal actually going in was made a certainty by deciding not to bother marking Newcastle's most obvious threat in the air. Even just competing with him might have been enough to put him off. Leaving him with no one within a couple of yards of him was criminal.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 16 Aug 2009 15:28

Ian Royal Leaving him with no one within a couple of yards of him was criminal.

We didn't - when the ball was played inside to Taylor things looked ok - a cross of that quality will take all but the very best defenders in the country (let alone this division) out of the game as they are unsure about attacking a ball towards their own goal - if the striker anticipates there is little that can be done.

When managers complain about a lack of marking it is if someone scores when they did not have to move to get the chance - if someone scores from attacking a ball at full stretch managers complain about the cross being allowed to come in in the first place as they know once it does if it is decent it is very difficult for the defenders in the middle to do anything about it.

I assume you think every Reading goal Doyle and Kitson scored from a Little cross was down to poor defending and nothing to do with the quality of the Reading players involved?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Aug 2009 15:37

i got blasted for starting the Rosenior-one trick pony thread last year and was laughed at.

suddenly people are seeing what i saw, however this comment after the last two games is harsh.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 15:46

gazzer, loyal royal i got blasted for starting the Rosenior-one trick pony thread last year and was laughed at.

suddenly people are seeing what i saw, however this comment after the last two games is harsh.

It's not after two games, it's after 18 months.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Aug 2009 16:31

Archies Volley II
Ian Royal Leaving him with no one within a couple of yards of him was criminal.

We didn't - when the ball was played inside to Taylor things looked ok - a cross of that quality will take all but the very best defenders in the country (let alone this division) out of the game as they are unsure about attacking a ball towards their own goal - if the striker anticipates there is little that can be done.

When managers complain about a lack of marking it is if someone scores when they did not have to move to get the chance - if someone scores from attacking a ball at full stretch managers complain about the cross being allowed to come in in the first place as they know once it does if it is decent it is very difficult for the defenders in the middle to do anything about it.

I assume you think every Reading goal Doyle and Kitson scored from a Little cross was down to poor defending and nothing to do with the quality of the Reading players involved?
I'd agree with this. Given the way things had unfolded, Ameobi was Rosenior's man (look and you'll see Cisse tight on Carroll) but he simply got beaten fair and square thanks to a great cross and a powerful attacking move. He wasn't "at fault", but he was beaten. Also agree about Pearce wandering cluelessly long after Newcastle were back on the attack.

Wongle

by Wongle » 16 Aug 2009 17:26

Liam is the best right back that we have had for a long time in terms of what he is able to offer moving forwards and defensive capabilities. Murty gave it 100% and was a great captain and leader for the club, but Rosey is a far better player.

By virtue of the fact that he gets forward so much there are going to be times when he will need cover, and it is not a reflection of his ability to out perform Usain Bolt across a football field, but that of his colleagues to show the intelligence and awareness to cover the potential threat off.

Julian Kelly is not the answer at all, he will no doubt one day be a good player for Reading but on the couple of occassions that he got a run out last season he was some what lost and in awe of the entire situation, and in my opinion had a terrible time of it.

People will no doubt disagree with this, but it just seems to me like another thread by the Reading faithful where the grass always appeared to be greener yesterday, and if they could we would see a line up similar to that below:

GK: Hislop
RB: Murty
CB: Sonko
CB: Williams
LB: Shorey
RW: Little
CM: Sidwell
CM: Parkinson
LW: Gilkes
FW: Doyle
FW: Kitson

Y25

by Y25 » 16 Aug 2009 17:50

Todays Star says he's off to Prem Club for £1.5M

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Aug 2009 20:49

Wongle Liam is the best right back that we have had for a long time in terms of what he is able to offer moving forwards and defensive capabilities. Murty gave it 100% and was a great captain and leader for the club, but Rosey is a far better player.

:lol:

251 posts