New signings

1201 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: New signings

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:29

Tredder Routledge>Smith>McAnuff

I like Rasiak, but you'd have to wonder why Southampton would be willing to get shot, unless they think Lambert is better.

Agyemang is for sale as is Helguson, grab a bargain quick :wink:

Saints wanted to get shot because Rasiak wanted out and was on big money.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:29

Thaumagurist*
Royal Rother
Gus the teenage cow two utterly utterly shite signings, so these two are supposed to make up for all the exits of decent players

it's like selling your BMW and reassuring the wife that you'll get a quality motor to replace it and then wheeling out a clapped out Nissan Sunny

In his last 154 games Kevin Doyle has scored 55 goals.

In his last 155 games, Gregorsz Rasiak has scored, guess what, 55 goals.

In International appearances, Doyle has scored 6 from 26 games, and Rasiak has scored 8 from 37.

------------------------------------------------------

In 156 games for Reading Stephen Hunt scored 17 goals.

In his last 157 games Jobi McAnuff has scored, guess what, 17 goals.

Seems like some like for like replacements. But no, brainless Gus sees them as utterly, utterly shite. Baaaah!

Good digging! If they can be as good as Doyle and S. Hunt, I'd be happy!

Fck off Spacey. You're as good as SHunt!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2009 15:29

I like Rasiak, but you'd have to wonder why Southampton would be willing to get shot, unless they think Lambert is better.

Rasiak is on an extortionate wage for a League 1 club to pay which is why they want shot. McAnuff, pfff typical winger, 1 good game in 6.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 15:30

Tredder I like Rasiak, but you'd have to wonder why Southampton would be willing to get shot, unless they think Lambert is better.

Maybe they can't afford his wages?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Aug 2009 15:31

Alan Partridge

Rasiak is on an extortionate wage for a League 1 club to pay which is why they want shot. McAnuff, pfff typical winger, 1 good game in 6.
won't it be an extortionate wage for us too?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 27 Aug 2009 15:33

Royal Rother
Gus the teenage cow two utterly utterly shite signings, so these two are supposed to make up for all the exits of decent players

it's like selling your BMW and reassuring the wife that you'll get a quality motor to replace it and then wheeling out a clapped out Nissan Sunny

In his last 154 games Kevin Doyle has scored 55 goals.

In his last 155 games, Gregorsz Rasiak has scored, guess what, 55 goals.

In International appearances, Doyle has scored 6 from 26 games, and Rasiak has scored 8 from 37.

In 156 games for Reading Stephen Hunt scored 17 goals.

In his last 157 games Jobi McAnuff has scored, guess what, 17 goals.

Seems like some like for like replacements. But no, brainless Gus sees them as utterly, utterly shite. Baaaah!

lol@the spin coming from royal rother, nice stats but they fail to take into account the fact that a large proportion of goals from hunt and doyle came in the top-flight AND RASIAK AND MCANUFF STATS ARE ALL FROM LOWER LEVEL, ALSO TO SAY SIGNINGS ARE LIKE FOR LIKE JUST BY COMPARING GOALS TO GAMES RATIO IS ABSOLUTELY DUMB

anyway at best they are both average championship players, if that's what we are aiming for, then fine i'm delighted!!

i am not fishing here at all, i honestly expected a better quality of signing after the smith debacle

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:35

Gus the teenage cow i am not fishing here at all, i honestly expected a better quality of signing after the smith debacle

Smith being our top target says everything you need to know about the quality of signings we'll be making.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 15:35

Ideal How the hell can we afford Rasiak if we only just had to sell off our best players due to their wages???

Maybe his wages were cheaper than those that left. Also, it's only one player coming in as we've had several go out....

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2009 15:35

Ideal How the hell can we afford Rasiak if we only just had to sell off our best players due to their wages???

Who knows the ins and outs of it? Maybe he's taken a wage cut to come here, play a higher level and be with Rodgers? More likely is said players who have gone were unhappy and wanted to go, whereas Rasiak wants to be here. So the money issue wasn't really the problem?

Who knows.

Rasiak is 6'3 proven at this level, International forward, he's what we need. Experience, and a different option right through the middle. He is realistically in the position we're in as good as we could possibly get with less than a week to go to deadline day.

Rodgers got the best out of McAnuff, so i'llreserve judgement on him, but he strikes me as being that Sammy Igoe '1 in 6' kind of winger. He can't be any worse than Kebé.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Aug 2009 15:36

Knee jerk signings - cheap transfer fee (not so sure about wages) and hoping to placate the fans after losing out on Smith. Well, I'm not placated. I'm totally and utterly fed up now. :cry:

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 27 Aug 2009 15:36

We asked for championship experience, we've been given championship experience. Be happy... :mrgreen: WOOOOOOOOO STRAIGHT A'S IN GCSE's TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 27 Aug 2009 15:36

working class hero lay offs suddenly become a possibility?
Brendon Rogers and Nicky Hammond

specialjon

by specialjon » 27 Aug 2009 15:37

winchester_royal Now then Nicky, go and spend some money on a quality creative midfielder/attacker and we'll be in good shape.

Wasn't that tommy smith available? :D

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 15:38

Royal Lady Knee jerk signings - cheap transfer fee (not so sure about wages) and hoping to placate the fans after losing out on Smith. Well, I'm not placated. I'm totally and utterly fed up now. :cry:

Eh? How do you know that they weren't "plan B" signings rather than "knee-jerk" signings?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2009 15:39

Royal Lady Knee jerk signings - cheap transfer fee (not so sure about wages) and hoping to placate the fans after losing out on Smith. Well, I'm not placated. I'm totally and utterly fed up now. :cry:

Who were you expecting Reading to sign RL?

Coppell's first couple of signings were on players he'd worked with and trusted. Looks like ROdgers is doing the same for now.

Rasiak should be easily good enough.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:41

Thaumagurist*

Eh? How do you know that they weren't "plan B" signings rather than "knee-jerk" signings?

After the Sheff Utd game at the weekend, it's clear that Rodgers hasn't got to that chapter in his book.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 27 Aug 2009 15:42

Alan Partridge

Who knows the ins and outs of it? Maybe he's taken a wage cut to come here, play a higher level and be with Rodgers? More likely is said players who have gone were unhappy and wanted to go, whereas Rasiak wants to be here. So the money issue wasn't really the problem?

Who knows.

Rasiak is 6'3 proven at this level, International forward, he's what we need. Experience, and a different option right through the middle. He is realistically in the position we're in as good as we could possibly get with less than a week to go to deadline day.

Rodgers got the best out of McAnuff, so i'llreserve judgement on him, but he strikes me as being that Sammy Igoe '1 in 6' kind of winger. He can't be any worse than Kebé.

rasiak frequently tops worst spurs player ever polls, google if you don't believe me, he is a big fat lumbering centre-forward in the jon parkin/gary doherty/darius henderson mould except with less pace than all three mentioned, if we are regarding him as some kind of saviour we are truly fcuked

two panic buys

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 27 Aug 2009 15:42

Lets hope we learn from our mistakes and sign the players as soon as they have passed their medical rather then let them go wondering off for a day or so to Portsmouth!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:42

It Is What It Is We asked for championship experience, we've been given championship experience. Be happy... :mrgreen: WOOOOOOOOO STRAIGHT A'S IN GCSE's TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Even in English?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:43

Alan Partridge

Who were you expecting Reading to sign RL?

Coppell's first couple of signings were on players he'd worked with and trusted. Looks like ROdgers is doing the same for now.

Rasiak should be easily good enough.

Exactly. Everyone has been calling out for a big striker who can hold the ball up, and as soon as we get one they all start to moan. Typical ROFLeading fans.

McAnuff is an improvement on any winger we currently have, so happy days.

1201 posts