How many games has Rogers got left?

259 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2009 09:31

Royal_Belly IMO I want Rodgers to stay put! It'd be a nightmare if we were to sack him - the team will become unsettled again and we'll be starting from square one - and I don't think that will be a good thing!

He's doing the best he can with the players we've got! The only thing that seems missing is the killer instinct up front.... but that will come....eventually.... hopefully!!

Our new signings may not be very inspiring - but when have we ever bought a player and thought "Wow - he's a quality signing!" But unfortunately - for whatever reason Rodgers hasn't had the money to go out and buy the players he would've really have liked.

I thought we played well last night - good link up play at times... just our final ball let us down!

I BELIEVE!! :P :wink:
in the last few years? Kevin Doyle for one.

He won't be gone before the end of the season because JM spent so much money in getting him. He REALLY needs to have a bit more humility though. And what was all that gubbins on BBCRB about him getting a standing ovation at the end?? I stood up cos I was wanting to go home. :|

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Sep 2009 09:32

A defeat at Peterboro on Saturday under normal circumstances in our position would see a manager sacked.

We have Sir John as chairman who has put his trust in Brenda to develop this side so i see nothing happening.

That said, Sir John's lights may go on as it is a results business and continued failure to deliver the results that count will see us relegated to the third tier of English football come the end of the season.

Something needs to give sooner than later and I for one hope it is a Brenda departure sooner rather than latter.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Sep 2009 09:33

The Real Sandhurst Royal A defeat at Peterboro on Saturday under normal circumstances in our position would see a manager sacked.

That sums up what is wrong with modern football today though, it rarely helps the team in trouble. I'm very glad we're different.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 17 Sep 2009 09:34

Royal Lady
Royal_Belly IMO I want Rodgers to stay put! It'd be a nightmare if we were to sack him - the team will become unsettled again and we'll be starting from square one - and I don't think that will be a good thing!

He's doing the best he can with the players we've got! The only thing that seems missing is the killer instinct up front.... but that will come....eventually.... hopefully!!

Our new signings may not be very inspiring - but when have we ever bought a player and thought "Wow - he's a quality signing!" But unfortunately - for whatever reason Rodgers hasn't had the money to go out and buy the players he would've really have liked.

I thought we played well last night - good link up play at times... just our final ball let us down!

I BELIEVE!! :P :wink:
in the last few years? Kevin Doyle for one.

He won't be gone before the end of the season because JM spent so much money in getting him. He REALLY needs to have a bit more humility though. And what was all that gubbins on BBCRB about him getting a standing ovation at the end?? I stood up cos I was wanting to go home. :|

Not when he first signed - nobody knew who he was - it wasn't a signing at the time which got the fans excited!!!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Sep 2009 09:36

Arnie_Pie He should have until January at the earliest.

If we are in the relegation zone then, get rid and chuck some cash.....

Let me stop you there coz that ain't going to happen,

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 17 Sep 2009 09:38

ALOL @ People suggesting Rodgers should go when he aint even into double figures of games played!! :lol:

Ryn

by Ryn » 17 Sep 2009 09:38

Agreed Belly, we just knew we'd signed a striker from Cork for £85k that happened to be quite good.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Sep 2009 09:39

I wonder if the Ipswich fans are being this impatient?

Probably.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Sep 2009 09:41

The Real Sandhurst Royal wrote:
A defeat at Peterboro on Saturday under normal circumstances in our position would see a manager sacked.

RHroyal wrote: That sums up what is wrong with modern football today though, it rarely helps the team in trouble. I'm very glad we're different.Top

Nothing wrong with sacking a manager if the results are not there!!!!

How many teams have a change of fortune -- remember Fulham when Hodgson took over, Bolton when Megson took over and who went down.

Would you have predicted a Barnsley away win at Derby this week?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Sep 2009 09:41

I do Leroy Lita was the last exciting signing for me,

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2009 09:42

Focher I wonder if the Ipswich fans are being this impatient?

Probably.
Depends how often their chairman has told them that the signings they've made show the club's ambition to get into the Premier League and whether they sold all their best assets.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Sep 2009 09:42

LOLz

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Sep 2009 09:42

The Real Sandhurst Royal
The Real Sandhurst Royal wrote:

RHroyal wrote: That sums up what is wrong with modern football today though, it rarely helps the team in trouble. I'm very glad we're different.Top

Nothing wrong with sacking a manager if the results are not there!!!!

How many teams have a change of fortune -- remember Fulham when Hodgson took over, Bolton when Megson took over and who went down.

Would you have predicted a Barnsley away win at Derby this week?

Also helped Watford last season!!!

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 17 Sep 2009 09:43

rhroyal
The Real Sandhurst Royal A defeat at Peterboro on Saturday under normal circumstances in our position would see a manager sacked.

That sums up what is wrong with modern football today though, it rarely helps the team in trouble. I'm very glad we're different.

+1

I'd be delighted if we could say in a few years time that the new England coach had his 1st big break with Reading who he got up to the Prem after a couple of years building the 110-point Championship team. Either that or we could do a Newcastle and not bother to learn how to spell the new manager's name as he gets replaced twice a season.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Sep 2009 09:47

i remember those 2 hammerings at home we got off Palace and Wimbledon when Coppell first joined, and fans were very quick to get on his back. Lets hope history repeats itself.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Sep 2009 09:48

'greed hugo

enough promising signs for me to keep the faith so far.

i thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, apart from th eusual sinking feeling when their inevitable against the run of play goal came.though i thought o'dea was blatantly pushed over by burke before he scored, and it shouldnt have stood.
i certainly thought it was the best attacking showing so far, including barnsley IMO
the midfield of karacan, howard and matejovski was awesome in my opinion, a pleasure to watch, great tight control, and really penetrative passing.
add some width, and wed have swamped them IMO-considering they are 4th i thought we made them look pretty poor.
really glad to see brendan going a bit more attacking with only one DM, and two up front.
another improved showing IMO, and that win will come.
best atmosphere of the season so far aswell, and the players did receive a standing ovation for their good play, and work rate, every one stood, applauded and even managed a post whistle "song" which is a much better showing than the boos on saturday.

and as for this:

royal belly but when have we ever bought a player and thought "Wow - he's a quality signing!"

So when we bought the unknown cork city nobody for 30 p- you said wow- what a quality signing?
i dont think you really did.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2009 09:49

Belly was saying the opposite - as shown in your quote - ACTUALLY. :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Sep 2009 09:51

i had your quote in there, saying "kevin doyle ", and was agreeing with royal belly, and saying that no, you didntbut i somehow deleted it mid post
:oops:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2009 09:54

Idiot.

I thought she meant when we'd seen them play, not on the day they were signed.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Sep 2009 10:00

JM can't afford to sack Rodgers.

Gonna be a difficult season for sure.

This entire strategy is based around Rodgers being as good as he says, time will tell.

Talk is cheap, actions speak. He needs to deliever, he's had a lot of faith put in him with this rebuilding work and he's done far too much, far too soon imo. The jury are still out on his signings (£2m for Mills and he's out the team after less than a month), his tactics look naive at best. He's a hype man, not sure we're that club.

Is he as good as he says?

Like I say he won't be sacked, JM doesn't have the money to pay him off having spent so much getting him.

259 posts