Rodgers: The 'Truth'

207 posts
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rodgers: The 'Truth'

by andrew1957 » 23 Dec 2009 14:32

I think it all comes down to what brief BR was given. If he was told to rebuild and it was a long term project, then the way he went about things was reasonable - would probably have yielded long term success and it is a disgrace that he was sacked.

If on the other hand he was told results were most important, then I have less sympathy.

I suspect the former is the case and if RFC just sacked him just because they could get out of paying compensation at the 6 month point, then that is even more disgraceful as again money has been the major factor in a decision being made rather than taking a long term view for the benefit of the club.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 23 Dec 2009 14:43

We're not talking small cogs in the big wheel of RFC here, these people are on meag bucks and (should) deliver mega bucks. The article states that 'it came out of the blue' and that the trio have not been compensated yet; I can't believe that the club would have left the door open to a claim for contractural compensation for the lack of a 'mid term', clearly laying down where things needed to improve. From my insider source I reckon this would've been delivered just after the Ipswich game and even though we were still making progress, it wasn't enough. Was the November meeting where he claimed not enough communication the 'formal interview'? I don't see him shouting much about how it's going to be a tight Christmas now.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Dec 2009 14:59

Sack the board?

No "bust up over" money as previously reported and obviously questions have been being asked since at least mid November!

5 wins in 21 says everything you need to know

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Dec 2009 15:02

Man Friday In denial.

Just not good enough. However, there were signs of improvement and learning.

Signs of learning maybe but I am not convinced about since of improvement

Average 1 point a game in august, average 1 point a game in September, average 1 point a game in his 21

snatched a draw from the clutches of victory in pre season v chelsea

snatched a draw from the clutches of victory v scunthorpe in december

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 23 Dec 2009 15:05

I thought the early statements made said that it was a 3 year project -- the truth is the guy has had to work with monkeys, who dont have a clue ..even Hammonds credentials dont stand up to scrutiny, and his nose is so far up the Egomans arse, he probably doesnt even care as long as his paper pushing job is safe......

Its all very well saying we need an experienced and capable manager - but equally we need a board that has at least an ounce of football nowse to support that..

Ive always been sceptical as to why Egoman has much like a masonic lodge as his boardroom... the people he surrounds himself within there - not exactly the people you feel can take the club places ...lets not forget, it was Coppell and his playing staff that got the club to its heights and not the arse lickers that surround Egoman

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Dec 2009 15:13

So let's not also forget it was Rodgers and his playing staff that got to club to where we are now and not the arse lickers that surround the egoman.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Dec 2009 15:15

DOYLERSAROYALER lets not forget, it was Coppell and his playing staff that got the club to its heights and not the arse lickers that surround Egoman

so its the manager's doing when we do well

its the board's doing when we do badly?

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 23 Dec 2009 15:21

DOYLERISAROYALER annoys me.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Dec 2009 15:23

He doesn't seem to have much 'nowse'.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Dec 2009 15:28

I'm sure there are others who know this too.

But with my understanding of the clubs structure I fail to see why Rodgers would have wanted to be closer to Nigel Howe, who has next to nothing to do with football matters.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Dec 2009 15:31

Very interesting article. More or less ties up with what I've heard from the "other side" although there's the differences in emphasis that you'd expect.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Dec 2009 15:32

Dirk Gently Very interesting article. More or less ties up with what I've heard from the "other side" although there's the differences in emphasis that you'd expect.

You are Derek Acorah AICMFP.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 23 Dec 2009 16:01

W&E Royal DOYLERISAROYALER annoys me.

Good wouldnt be fun on here if we were all too pally eh ?- and became a group of yes men like the Board! :D and btw there's no I in my name :D
Last edited by DOYLERSAROYALER on 23 Dec 2009 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 23 Dec 2009 16:07

readingbedding So let's not also forget it was Rodgers and his playing staff that got to club to where we are now and not the arse lickers that surround the egoman.

The Egoman and his arse lickers stripped the club of all the quality players they had, said "its cloth cutting time Brendan"..and then told Rodgers to make good with what was left, the academy and a sprinkling of new players somewhat inferior to those shown the door - which you will see from Man City - dont just become a team overnight...so yes they are as much to blame..although they would want to distance themselves from any blame - god forbid Hammond saying "I made a mistake"! ...

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Dec 2009 16:10

DOYLERSAROYALER
readingbedding So let's not also forget it was Rodgers and his playing staff that got to club to where we are now and not the arse lickers that surround the egoman.

The Egoman and his arse lickers stripped the club of all the quality players they had, said "its cloth cutting time Brendan"..and then told Rodgers to make good with what was left, the academy and a sprinkling of new players somewhat inferior to those shown the door - which you will see from Man City - dont just become a team overnight...so yes they are as much to blame..aklthough they would want to distance themsleves from any blame - god forbid Hammond saying "I made a mistake"! ...

Have you actually got anything to contribute apart from abuse and name-calling?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 23 Dec 2009 16:21

Dirk Gently
DOYLERSAROYALER

The Egoman and his arse lickers stripped the club of all the quality players they had, said "its cloth cutting time Brendan"..and then told Rodgers to make good with what was left, the academy and a sprinkling of new players somewhat inferior to those shown the door - which you will see from Man City - dont just become a team overnight...so yes they are as much to blame..aklthough they would want to distance themsleves from any blame - god forbid Hammond saying "I made a mistake"! ...

There's plenty in there outside of the words Egoman and areselickers - there are the reasons I think that the board are as culpable as the manager -do I need to explain it to you? It amazes me that when the board is criticised there's a groundswell of reaction..well I hope that when the board have taken this club back to where it was when it first played at the Madejski, people with show a equally balanced view

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Dec 2009 16:25

DOYLERSAROYALER
Dirk Gently
DOYLERSAROYALER The Egoman and his arse lickers stripped the club of all the quality players they had, said "its cloth cutting time Brendan"..and then told Rodgers to make good with what was left, the academy and a sprinkling of new players somewhat inferior to those shown the door - which you will see from Man City - dont just become a team overnight...so yes they are as much to blame..aklthough they would want to distance themsleves from any blame - god forbid Hammond saying "I made a mistake"! ...

There's plenty in there outside of the words Egoman and areselickers - there are the reasons I think that the board are as culpable as the manager -do I need to explain it to you? It amazes me that when the board is criticised there's a groundswell of reaction..well I hope that when the board have taken this club back to where it was when it first played at the Madejski, people with show a equally balanced view

Can you explain what you mean by "the board", please?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Dec 2009 16:28

I can imagine BR makes his 'presentation' about his vision and January transfer policy on Nov 18, and when he leaves the room, the board look at each other and say "this guy just doesn't get it". They then start the wheels in motion of giving themselves an early out. Who knows what he presented or asked for, but what's the chance it bore no relation to the brief he was given to start with, the financial realities, or his own early strategies (such as they were)? Maybe the request for more communicating with Howe was perceived as a manoeuvre to sidestep working with Hammond. None of us will really know the ins and outs of it (not even Dirkers), but it needs to be seen as an individual decision based in part on details we can't be privy to. It's neither as simple as "he wasn't adequately backed by a tightarse chariman" or "the results doomed him". It's a question of whether the JM etc thought this man showed he understood what was needed at this time.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 23 Dec 2009 16:52

strap Bodgers' is delusionsal at best, a complete charlatan at worst. Has no experience, (Chelsea Acadamy/Reserves is of absoutely no relevance to a manageing a struggling Championship club), arrogance in his own ability far in excess of reality, and is nothing more than a loudmouthed "billy big bollux".

He went for the job. The board gave him the job knowing his background.

You cannot lay the blame at his feet. If this is your view the buck stops with the board and not him.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Dec 2009 17:05

DOYLERSAROYALER

The Egoman and his arse lickers stripped the club of all the quality players they had, said "its cloth cutting time Brendan"..and then told Rodgers to make good with what was left, the academy and a sprinkling of new players somewhat inferior to those shown the door - which you will see from Man City - dont just become a team overnight...so yes they are as much to blame..although they would want to distance themselves from any blame - god forbid Hammond saying "I made a mistake"! ...

make do with whats left, and 7 new players

207 posts