Liverpool replay

EPR

Re: Liverpool replay

by EPR » 13 Jan 2010 08:45

Been snowing continuously from about 3AM from Staffers northwards, but it's quite fine stuff, only 2-3cms i'd have said - but a complete covering.

24 hr forecast on the BBC showing it as snowing continuously until 3-4PM.
Last edited by EPR on 13 Jan 2010 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 13 Jan 2010 09:00

Update: Has been snowing since early morning and in Wirral (where i live) we've had a couple of inches of snow however now in Liverpool they've had less and it's more of a fluttering of snow that's not settling in most places. Although still snowing now it's more sleet like than what we saw last week so based on all of the above, the game will be on in my opinion. Oh and yesterday it was proper cold due a nasty wind chill, today is much better, must be at least 2degrees out there!!

Cheers,

John Kettley

Kareem Abdul-Jabar

by Kareem Abdul-Jabar » 13 Jan 2010 09:10

I assume there has never been a game called off because the away fans couldn't get to the game? I'm snowed in and it doesn't look like I can get the car out without a snow-plough. That's £24 down the drain! I wonder if many RFC fans can get out of Berkshire at the moment. Also I assume the team left yesterday?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Jan 2010 09:12

Yes, the team travelled yesterday and spent last night in Liverpool.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 13 Jan 2010 09:22

There is half an inch in Oldham, which is the wrong side of Manchester.

Me dad is heading from from Basingstoke via the Ticket Office to his head office in St Helens, which is like half way between, and they've said it's only just starting to snow there apparently. I'd highly doubt it'd be called off. Northern Royals will be leading the way in this one then!

marettes

by marettes » 13 Jan 2010 09:26

Slinky Update: Has been snowing since early morning and in Wirral (where i live) we've had a couple of inches of snow however now in Liverpool they've had less and it's more of a fluttering of snow that's not settling in most places. Although still snowing now it's more sleet like than what we saw last week so based on all of the above, the game will be on in my opinion. Oh and yesterday it was proper cold due a nasty wind chill, today is much better, must be at least 2degrees out there!!

Cheers,

John Kettley

John Kettley is a weatherman, John Kettley is a weatherman......

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Jan 2010 09:33

marettes
Slinky Update: Has been snowing since early morning and in Wirral (where i live) we've had a couple of inches of snow however now in Liverpool they've had less and it's more of a fluttering of snow that's not settling in most places. Although still snowing now it's more sleet like than what we saw last week so based on all of the above, the game will be on in my opinion. Oh and yesterday it was proper cold due a nasty wind chill, today is much better, must be at least 2degrees out there!!

Cheers,

John Kettley

....And so is Michael Fish.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 13 Jan 2010 09:53

glad to see there's still a few 'older' personnel on these boards.....thought that might have been a massive swoooosh over many heads!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Jan 2010 10:38

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 13 Jan 2010 10:39

Looking good....

Liverpool FC confident tonight's FA Cup clash with Reading will go ahead
Jan 13 2010 By James Pearce

There was moderate snowfall overnight on Merseyside which continued across the region this morning - but club officals said at 9.30 am today that no inspection was planned.

Conditions on surrounding roads and pathways close to Anfield have improved drastically since the postponement of last Sunday’s Premier League clash with Tottenham.

Tonight's game kicks off at 7.45pm. Tickets are still available and supporters have the option of paying at turnstiles - provided the game does not sell out before then.

Fans wanting to buy tickets this evening are being urged to arrive early.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 13 Jan 2010 10:47

Anyone who hasnt left yet and is planning to go will have a problem.

The line of snow for today more or less runs in a line from Reading to Liverpool.

How many tickets did we sell? How many will make it?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 Jan 2010 10:54

Kareem Abdul-Jabar I assume there has never been a game called off because the away fans couldn't get to the game? I'm snowed in and it doesn't look like I can get the car out without a snow-plough. That's £24 down the drain! I wonder if many RFC fans can get out of Berkshire at the moment. Also I assume the team left yesterday?

That's my predicament, can we not get a refund...?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jan 2010 11:10

Kareem Abdul-Jabar I'm snowed in and it doesn't look like I can get the car out without a snow-plough.

Do you really need a snow plough for around 5-8 cms of snow?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 13 Jan 2010 11:18

Did you know that when David Icke went through his turcoise phase, he thought he was a snow plough.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 13 Jan 2010 11:43

just been past Anfield and footways mostly clear and workers out clearing them now what's left.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Jan 2010 11:51

Slinky just been past Anfield and footways mostly clear and workers out clearing them now what's left.

Thanks for the update. How close do you live to Anfield?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2010 11:52

Slinky just been past Anfield and footways mostly clear and workers out clearing them now what's left.

game on!!!

JR

by JR » 13 Jan 2010 11:55

Barry the bird boggler
Kareem Abdul-Jabar I assume there has never been a game called off because the away fans couldn't get to the game? I'm snowed in and it doesn't look like I can get the car out without a snow-plough. That's £24 down the drain! I wonder if many RFC fans can get out of Berkshire at the moment. Also I assume the team left yesterday?

That's my predicament, can we not get a refund...?

I have decided to can it due to the snow. Not sensible driving all the way up and back down late at night in my opinion.

Spoken to club re refund and they have said it is not their decision re refunds (as they have sent all ticket paperwork and reconciliations back to Liverpool) and told me to contact Liverpool ticket office on 0870 220 2345 instead.

My only beef with the Reading ticket office is that they did not say from the start that tickets would be available on the door. I bought my tickets before this was announced and if I had known would not have paid in advance.

Ashfordroyal

by Ashfordroyal » 13 Jan 2010 11:59

Dirk Gently
marettes

Cheers,

John Kettley

....And so is Michael Fish.

...........and so is Wincey Willis.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Jan 2010 12:00

just go to the game ffs!