MOTM for greatest match ever played this season

koran

Re: MOTM for greatest match ever played this season

by koran » 14 Jan 2010 01:28

Alan Partridge Reading wouldn't have got a day like this with Coppell in charge sadly, he wasn't a cups man when here. I shudder to think of the team he'd have named tonight.

Sorry, but the comeback of Reading 'Reserves' against Man Utd after going 3-0 down within 10 minutes a few seasons ago was a greater and more exciting game than the Liverpool one we witnessed today. Both were great games but the one v Man Utd was the greater and SSC was in charge. But let's just enjoy the moment - there's no need to compare with other games. The boys did great today!!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2010 01:30

koran
Alan Partridge Reading wouldn't have got a day like this with Coppell in charge sadly, he wasn't a cups man when here. I shudder to think of the team he'd have named tonight.

Sorry, but the comeback of Reading 'Reserves' against Man Utd after going 3-0 down within 10 minutes a few seasons ago was a greater and more exciting game than the Liverpool one we witnessed today. Both were great games but the one v Man Utd was the greater and SSC was in charge. But let's just enjoy the moment - there's no need to compare with other games. The boys did great today!!

You mean the one Reading lost? Wasn't really a comeback when it finsihed 2-3 was it?

Coppell stumbled on a result at Old Trafford, mainly because Federici to be fair to him had a day he'll never repeat. Whereas Reading's first team have outplayed Liverpool twice. As good as Coppell was for RFC his attitude to the cup competitions meant Reading would never have had a day like today. That's a RA-FACT.

yappy

by yappy » 14 Jan 2010 01:32

koran

Eh? We just went to Anfield and got a deserved win and you rank that higher than losing 3-2 at home? Even the 1-1 draw against Utd i'd rank higher than the replay. Maybe the 3-2 was more 'entertaining' for the neutral, but I wasn't buzzing after that game like I am tonight.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Jan 2010 01:43

Agreed with Yappy. Tonight was much more enjoyable.

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 14 Jan 2010 02:02

Well this has made me happy and proud of Reading for quite awhile! Superb spirit shown throughout and everyone should be proud. Gunnarsson was awesome (seems to always raise his performance for the big games), along with the rest of the defence, Shane Long had a great impact, and Church just kept going and going up front. We could have beaten them by a few goals as well (still wondering how Rasiak didn't get his chance on target). Still, tonight's definitely a good night :D

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 14 Jan 2010 02:20

It's been a horrible season but tonight we can be proud to be Royals. Fantastic performance fron everyone involved. I just can't wait to see the plastic pool fans in work tommorow. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 14 Jan 2010 04:05

Back four in its entirety for me plus Feds. Millsy and Ingi were giants and the turn, nuts and cross by Bryn was sensational.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Jan 2010 07:33

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge I thought they were both fantastic to be honest.

Gunnarsson was fantastic and he excelled even more in extra time when of course the decision had already been made.

to be fair any of Ivar, Boris, Karacan, McAnuff or Church could have won the award and wouldn't have got too many arguements from me.

I'm not saying Ivar had a bad game, (the whole defence did well) but it was so typical of Coppell to plump for Ingimarsson, one of his undroppables, when there were other more stand out performers............Gunnar obviously being one.

Sorry but I can't imagine Coppell winning tonight with this squad or last seasons and I hope Brian gets his chance for the rest of the campaign .................it will surely be very hard to deny him after that fantastic display.

Easy for some to "forget" that SC had to give his MOM after 85 mins, not 120.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Jan 2010 07:51

seahawk10
brighton_royal Nutmeg, perfect cross. BG.

What do you call that little jinky backheel to himself before the nutmeg? Is there a football term for that move?

Cruyff turn?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 14 Jan 2010 08:06

Church over 90, Gunnar over the 120. Thought Bryn had a very average first half, and was partly at fault for the Liverpool goal. But from the second half on he was immense.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 14 Jan 2010 08:19

Over the 90, I thought Mills did loads to keep us in it, but Gunnarson won the match for us.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Jan 2010 09:36

1st 45 - Church
80-85 mins (when Sir Steve made his choice) - one of Church, Inga, Bryn, Jem, etc... why not pick your old mate and loyal servant.
120 mins - Bryn (ps what is Spannish for 'nuts'?)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 14 Jan 2010 09:39

SWLR 1st 45 - Church
80-85 mins (when Sir Steve made his choice) - one of Church, Inga, Bryn, Jem, etc... why not pick your old mate and loyal servant.

I think it's "nutsth".

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 14 Jan 2010 09:39

SWLR 1st 45 - Church

cojones!!!!

It is the only word I know

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Jan 2010 09:50

Mills for me.