Back from the game - Leicester

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Leicester

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Mar 2010 12:52

Broadly agree with Compo's summary. It's clear the team are playing with the confidence so sadly lacking in the first half of the season.

Also agreed with the drummer. Nice to have a bit good humored banter - although spoilt by them booing Tabby as he was stretchered off.

I don't often get the chance to see the Royals in the flesh and haven't seen us win since Jan '09 so this was all the more sweet for me.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Mar 2010 13:22

Great game - thoroughly enjoyed it
First half was fairly even and could have gone in 2-1 down but for superb finger tip save from Fed. Mind you until they scored we seemed to have them searching for a way to break us down and a goal looked unlikely. But for Griff's slip I think we would have gone in 1-0 up and have been comfortable at that
I thought we dominated the second half (particularly changing to 4 4 2) and I can't think of many chances created by Leicester.
Ref was diabolical - not biased, just awful (I wasn't convinced it was a penalty either)
I was certain I had seen a red card for Griff so thanks to earlier contributor who explained the ref's use of two cards!
Great efforts all round from most players and I love that McD brought them all over to the fans at the end of the game

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Mar 2010 13:40

bcubed Great efforts all round from most players and I love that McD brought them all over to the fans at the end of the game

^^^
This

McD really has the knack of doing the right thing. Made my evening - even though I didn't get one of the shirts thrown into the crowd by the team!

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 25 Mar 2010 13:43

royalexile Nah but i'm sure Ben can fire up his huge cache. We were reminiscing the other night. It fair bought a tear to my eyes. :lol:

Just found it, good times :D I'm sure Ben must have a thing for me...

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 25 Mar 2010 13:49

FiNeRaIn
Mr. Reading Back home after seeing us beat another average team that think they'll be able to cut it in the prem. Anyone have any clue what happened with Griffin? Clearly a yellow card was the correct decision, but unless I'm colour blind he was shown a red!

LOL at some of the comments coming from Leicester morons on their forum, saying they dominated - must have been watching a different game from me as I thought we completely bossed the second half (they maybe edged the first though, without creating masses of chances).

Leicester moron #1 2-1 loss... very unfair on us as we were by far and away the better side.

Leicester moron #2 Reading are NOT a VERY good side. They are a run of the mill championship team who happen to have hit a bit of form all of a sudden. Their bubble will burst soon enough.

You aint gonna get nowhere with players like Zurab Kisinishivishinishivishinilli and Gregorsz "im a shite beanpole came over on a tomato truck" Rasiak

Leicester moron #2 Preston are better than Reading man for man in pretty much every area of the pitch and are languishing on the back of a dreadful season that started with so much promise. Darren Ferguson will have that side in the playoffs next season GUARANTEED

Leicester moron #3 Andy Griffin, what a cock. How on earth did Dyer get booked for that!? He did fook all wrong. It was all Griffin grabbing and pushing him, Dyer was originally trying to walk away from him until Griffin pulled him back and then shoved him

(http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index ... try1592101)

Leicester moron 4 wrote

kebe could easily have gone for the amount of times he controlled the ball with his arm (ditto brian howard)
:shock:

Leicester moron 5 wrote

Another team came that didn't cross the halfway line and we couldn't break them down.
:shock:

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 25 Mar 2010 13:51

I think Ben took a photo of the drummer. I don't mind it as a one off but if he's was near where i sat every home game he'd do my head in!

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 25 Mar 2010 14:22

Any news on Tabb?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Mar 2010 14:52

Ark Royal Any news on Tabb?

Potential ligament damage.

Brian McD I didn't see what happened but we hope it's nothing too serious as he's been fabulous over the last eight or nine games.

"It could be ligament damage but we will know more in a day or two.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Mar 2010 15:19

I thought they said head injury on BBCRB!!

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 25 Mar 2010 15:19

A couple of comments on Bertrand.

1) His positioning yesterday was poor. He constantly left their right winger unmarked and this left us is a dangerous position more than once.
2) He tried a shot which was nearly fantastic had it gone in.
3) He needs to concentrate more IMO.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Mar 2010 17:47

royalexile I thought they said head injury on BBCRB!!

Head ligament damage? The kind of thing Dellor's got ...

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 25 Mar 2010 18:02

Ark Royal Any news on Tabb?

Sprained ankle, out for the West Brom game, so says the OS.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2010 18:07

royalexile I thought they said head injury on BBCRB!!

same on 107

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 25 Mar 2010 18:09

A few things that I noticed last night were....

1) I saw the whole thing between Dyer and Griffin, dunno why I wasn't following the ball but anyway. Both seemed to throw punches and went head to head....imho both should have gone off. The incident was pretty bad and there was clearly no love lost there. Jay was then hacked down and that too looked like a red card. It was a nasty reaction challenge to the Griffin/Dyer thing, made worse by the fact the ball was long gone.

2) I didn't see a single Leicester PLAYER moan about the pen. Yes the fans were going mental behind the goal....but the players and their bench seemed to know it was a pen.

3) The sound at the Walkers was fantastic.....really impressed by both sets of fans (even the drummer and young lady in the black/grey hooped jumper who took so much abuse, took it all in jest!). I chatted to a Leicester on the way out and we agreed that 2-2 draw could have been the result on the balance of play....Feds made super saves.

4) Mills was magnificent again.....as was Jimmy.....the Leicester fans were really getting on the back of their leftback, who Jimmy kept skinning.

5) Bertrand needs to work on his defending....and Jobi needs to get his head up, he has looked pretty down since being sent off at W.B.A

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 25 Mar 2010 18:20

Panaramic Walkers Stadium

Shit quality but he was a fair distance away and in shit lighting.
He's reminds me of Tango from Shef Weds.

and for Mr.Reading
Boro vs Reading 08

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Mar 2010 18:57

bang, bang, bang, bang, fat pcunt. :oops:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Mar 2010 19:03

In fairness Leicester's site has plenty of posters who thought we were a decent side and desrved the win. They are clearly impressed by Kebe.
Hope Tabb only has a sprained ankle. He has been superb and we will miss him against WBA on Saturday.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 25 Mar 2010 22:14

Furious about Tabb's injury, if it was caused by a malicious off the ball challenge by Wellens. Doesn't seem as though anyone saw what happened or if they did, have kept quiet.

koran

by koran » 25 Mar 2010 22:39

79Royal Furious about Tabb's injury, if it was caused by a malicious off the ball challenge by Wellens. Doesn't seem as though anyone saw what happened or if they did, have kept quiet.

The BBC video highlights of the game are on the BBC site now and it doesn't look like a malicious challenge to be fair and not off the ball either. Just two whole-hearted players going for a ball. Hope Tabb is back soon though!