Madejski Announcement

469 posts
Finch

Re: Madejski Announcement

by Finch » 23 Aug 2011 21:21

Jerry St Clair I wouldn't blame Madejski if he just fukked off and told you bunch of ungrateful bastards to go forth and multiply.

As far as I'm concerned he's running my football club properly. If you lot want some fake sheikh to come in and promise to spend masses, go ahead, but don't go whinging in a couple of years time when they get bored and the whole thing goes totally tits up.

They'll have a job on their hands because the fake Sheikh's are hardly lining up to buy ROFLeading FC :lol:

Bluey

by Bluey » 23 Aug 2011 21:35

I was born in Reading in '56, I've been following the 'Royals' as long as I can remember, Tilehurst end . Third and Fourth division. And still follow them to this day with the same enthusiasm and passion as I did 45yrs ago, still ringing my dad, who watched Ron Blackman bangin' em in, with the results the next morning. Now if you guys want to whinge and moan about the lack of spending money on quality players, it's your right and your welcome to it, but personally I'me more than happy watching the 'Royals ' in the championship, having a go, I don't want to see Ronaldo or Rooney orany other prima-donna's in our colours being managed by Mourinho being told what to do by a Multi Billionare being watched by a whole load of new plastic fans.
Nah, give me a manager who forms a side of average blokes, who can knock off the tall poppies, who are not expected to win, but do. Give me Madjeski, give me McDermott, give me a beer, give me the 'Royals 'just the way they are.

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

Pete10

by Pete10 » 23 Aug 2011 21:39

brendywendy
Pete10 Well 11 Mill we have got in . Time for him to be bloody honest ..Spend five of it . oh our wages are high .

i for one welcome this new, stream of conciousness, posting style.
its very poetic

Are you the son of SJM. You defend him far to much . He is not interested any more .

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 23 Aug 2011 21:39

FiNeRaIn The big pot of money we thought we had saved away to secure us didn't exist and this is us today. Constant black hole's and financial turmoi.

:lol:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 23 Aug 2011 21:40

Bluey I was born in Reading in '56, I've been following the 'Royals' as long as I can remember, Tilehurst end . Third and Fourth division. And still follow them to this day with the same enthusiasm and passion as I did 45yrs ago, still ringing my dad, who watched Ron Blackman bangin' em in, with the results the next morning. Now if you guys want to whinge and moan about the lack of spending money on quality players, it's your right and your welcome to it, but personally I'me more than happy watching the 'Royals ' in the championship, having a go, I don't want to see Ronaldo or Rooney orany other prima-donna's in our colours being managed by Mourinho being told what to do by a Multi Billionare being watched by a whole load of new plastic fans.
Nah, give me a manager who forms a side of average blokes, who can knock off the tall poppies, who are not expected to win, but do. Give me Madjeski, give me McDermott, give me a beer, give me the 'Royals 'just the way they are.

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

What ! you old fart

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 23 Aug 2011 21:41

Bluey I was born in Reading in '56, I've been following the 'Royals' as long as I can remember, Tilehurst end . Third and Fourth division. And still follow them to this day with the same enthusiasm and passion as I did 45yrs ago, still ringing my dad, who watched Ron Blackman bangin' em in, with the results the next morning. Now if you guys want to whinge and moan about the lack of spending money on quality players, it's your right and your welcome to it, but personally I'me more than happy watching the 'Royals ' in the championship, having a go, I don't want to see Ronaldo or Rooney orany other prima-donna's in our colours being managed by Mourinho being told what to do by a Multi Billionare being watched by a whole load of new plastic fans.

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

+ 1 except I was born in 1957 and my Dad doesn't take calls where he is (I hope)!

Pete10

by Pete10 » 23 Aug 2011 21:45

Another loss oh dear .Well we cut our coat etc . The manager will be gone soon he deserves backing .Not selling

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Aug 2011 21:49

Pete10 Another loss oh dear .Well we cut our coat etc . The manager will be gone soon he deserves backing .Not selling

Surely Madejski won't get away with getting another manager to carry the can for the consequences of his 'financial prudence'?!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Aug 2011 21:49

Brian McD's master plan is working brilliantly.

Get the team to play utter tripe until the end of August and then the Chairman might be persuaded to make £50,000 available for reinforcements on 31st Aug. We can then sign another player like Ian Harte. Problems solved.

postwhisperer

by postwhisperer » 23 Aug 2011 21:50

it's time for another SOS

SACK OLD STINGY

Pete10

by Pete10 » 23 Aug 2011 21:52

RoyalBlue
Pete10 Another loss oh dear .Well we cut our coat etc . The manager will be gone soon he deserves backing .Not selling

Surely Madejski won't get away with getting another manager to carry the can for the consequences of his 'financial prudence'?!

Your not wrong the manager is good but he needs backing.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 23 Aug 2011 21:52

postwhisperer it's time for another SOS

SACK OLD STINGY

1/10 you're really not showing any improvement.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Aug 2011 22:21

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

Excellent post!

A few defeats and the modern fan gets all twitchy. They've had too many good times and the slightest hint of a downturn causes them to wet their pants in panic.

How many Championship clubs have been knocked out by lower league clubs already?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Aug 2011 22:22

Royal Rother

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

Excellent post!

A few defeats and the modern fan gets all twitchy. They've had too many good times and the slightest hint of a downturn causes them to wet their pants in panic.

How many Championship clubs have been knocked out by lower league clubs already?

Whereas the old school fan...stops going.

Pete10

by Pete10 » 23 Aug 2011 22:29

Where is Frank Waller when you need him.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 23 Aug 2011 22:35

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

Lovely Stuff

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 23 Aug 2011 22:46

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

I've gone hard reading this.

Great work there Bluey.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 23 Aug 2011 23:35

Ian Herring

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

I've gone hard reading this.

Great work there Bluey.

So it’s confirmed ……. You, royal rother, mr Irascible and Tony Le Mesmer are a bunch of old w@nkers :roll:

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Aug 2011 23:43

i too feel some movement in my slim fit jeans after that Bluey.

Not as much as when i saw 55022 'Royal Scots Grey' storming through Twyford on Saturday evening though

clauski

by clauski » 23 Aug 2011 23:52

'GO HARD YOU ROYALS "

Being born in 74 I guess I fall somewhere between the old and the new. While I too sometimes hanker for the nostalgia, simpleness and ups/downs/highs/lows of the Elm Park days, we're no longer that club and above the lower leagues I don't think football is the same game. For what it costs today I'm increasingly finding it too expensive to put up with dull, workmanlike performances like Saturday's. Or even the risk of that. In the Premier league you had the thrill of world class football. In the lower leagues you had the passion of people playing football just because they wanted to and the pride, loyalty, defiance and togetherness of the fans and the club. Right here, right now I'm not sure we don't have the worst of both worlds. And that's not a sleight on Madejski (who I think has done wonders for the club and I hope never ends up feeling 'was it worth it'), or McDermott (who I think is a great manager doing the best with what he has). But the fact is, we're not investing enough to really compete to return to the Premiership and the buzz of this league surely comes with the hope that we will, not just the joy of winning a game vs a Coventry or a Brighton, for example. Until we do, I think it will be a hard battle. In the meanwhile let's at least find a commanding centre back, a proven goalscorer (cheap from a lower division will be fine), and someone with a bit of flair in midfield to make every game one to go into with a confidence we will win and be entertained. Is that too much too ask?

469 posts