Danny Guthrie - Refusing To Travel

464 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Danny Guthrie - Refusing To Travel

by Arch » 13 Dec 2012 18:52

Broxroyal
Top Flight I haven't read any of this thread, so what I am about to say may have already been discussed.

Guthrie has now put McDermott in such a difficult position. Guthrie has been such an idiot and has almost made it untenable for him to play in the centre of midfield against Arsenal on Monday night. This is the problem.

Clearly Leigertwood needs to be dropped because he is looking out of his depth at this level. But how can McDermott tell Leigertwood that he is going to be dropped in favour of Guthrie after the way that Guthrie has been behaving lately?

What an absolute nightmare for McDermott. Guthrie needs to come in for Leigertwood, but Guthrie's behaviour has made it almost impossible for McDermott to tell Leigertwood that he is dropped and that silly plonker Guthrie who has been acting like a fool will be coming in to replace you.

It will look like, because Guthrie has been acting like a baby and refused to travel to Sunderland that his silly behaviour has worked and he has got his place back in the team. Picking Guthrie, what sort of message will that send out to the rest of the squad?

Guthrie, you're an idiot.... You have made it impossible for McDermott to pick you now.

The way round that conundrum is for Guthrie to start on the bench and replace Leigertwood at some point (say 70 mins), if Leigertwood is performing to his usual standard.

That's what should have happened at Southampton and if it had we wouldn't be where we are today.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 13 Dec 2012 21:49

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Dec 2012 21:54

Lets just draw a line under it & get him playing FFS. I really don't care if he is a dickhead or not. We need him playing at the moment.

_royal

by _royal » 13 Dec 2012 22:12

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 13 Dec 2012 23:22

As above, hopefully this is the defining moment where all 'injuries' cure themselves and we actually start playing some decent football.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Dec 2012 10:11

Hopefully the players will now react the way a couple in love would react after having a big row...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2012 10:12

Top Flight

Hopefully the players will now react the way a couple in love would react after having a big row...

Although intrigued, I'm not sure I want to see that.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 14 Dec 2012 10:22

Thou Voice Why did Danny refuse to travel with the rest of the squad according to Sky Sports just now ?

Anyone who has ever travelled to an away game on a STAR coach can probably sympathise with him a little.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Dec 2012 10:28

Royal Biscuitman
Thou Voice Why did Danny refuse to travel with the rest of the squad according to Sky Sports just now ?

Anyone who has ever travelled to an away game on a STAR coach can probably sympathise with him a little.

I'm sure the team coach is more luxurious than the STAR coach.

The team coach even has a microwave on board!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Dec 2012 10:40

Thank bollocks for that.

A team that has forgotten how to pass will certainly benefit from a player who remains our most accurate and regular passer of the ball at 86%. Now it has dawned on Brian that he is not dating Guthrie, perhaps he can stop texting his mates that Danny is sometimes "just so cold towards me" and "doesn't let me in", and use him as a footballer in the team he's supposed to be managing.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 14 Dec 2012 11:11

Repeating the same jokes doesn't make them any funnier EP.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Dec 2012 11:23

Southbank - he was the same when he used to post on 606. Every post has to be some 'look at me' anecdote or quip.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Dec 2012 11:28

:lol:

The trail of wounded animals following me around is like a bitter ill-tempered conga.

larry1971

by larry1971 » 14 Dec 2012 11:28

MmmMonsterMunch Lets just draw a line under it & get him playing FFS. I really don't care if he is a dickhead or not. We need him playing at the moment.

yes we do but Mcdermott has to stamp his authority on this it will not say much for him as a manager if he lets Guthrie walk back into the team if he does there will certainly be some ill feeling amongst the other players.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Dec 2012 11:31

larry1971
MmmMonsterMunch Lets just draw a line under it & get him playing FFS. I really don't care if he is a dickhead or not. We need him playing at the moment.

yes we do but Mcdermott has to stamp his authority on this it will not say much for him as a manager if he lets Guthrie walk back into the team if he does there will certainly be some ill feeling amongst the other players.

Yep agreed but I'd like to see him come on at some point on Monday.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 14 Dec 2012 11:33

Extended-Phenotype :lol:

The trail of wounded animals following me around is like a bitter ill-tempered conga.

You're a reasonably funny guy who has a decent way with words, but this is what I'd imagine it's like to live with an aspiring comedian. They're always trying too hard to make you laugh and for people to like them, you just need to relax a bit m8.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Dec 2012 11:43

southbank1871

You're a reasonably funny guy who has a decent way with words, but this is what I'd imagine it's like to live with an aspiring comedian. They're always trying too hard to make you laugh and for people to like them, you just need to relax a bit m8.

As apposed to following somebody about, trying too hard to make sure other people don’t like them? Aye, it’s me who needs to relax...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Dec 2012 11:49

southbank1871

Steady on m8, much more of this and he'll be typing you out a tear-stained 4000 word megapost as well

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Dec 2012 11:54

LOLCOP runs in from another room - far quicker than I guessed.

Seriously, what is it that I did to ya that has had you stalking me like a bitter asshole from day one? Must have been something serious. Perhaps someone laughed at what I posted or something.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Dec 2012 12:00

Extended-Phenotype LOLCOP runs in from another room - far quicker than I guessed.

Seriously, what is it that I did to ya that has had you stalking me like a bitter asshole from day one? Must have been something serious. Perhaps someone laughed at what I posted or something.

That's some weak shit right there m8. You might try throwing a few swearwords in, I hear that's hilarious.

464 posts