SIGNED - Daniel Carriço

420 posts
Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SIGNED - Daniel Carriço

by Royal91 » 13 Jan 2013 13:04

I think the abuse Carrico is getting on here is a complete joke! Some of you writing him off after 45mins in a performance when everyone was pretty abysmal is just ridiculous.

Ultimately he wasn't ready to start and that showed in his fitness.

I think he will be a great player for us and will certainly be an improvement on ledge!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2013 13:26

Royal91 I think the abuse Carrico is getting on here is a complete joke! Some of you writing him off after 45mins in a performance when everyone was pretty abysmal is just ridiculous.

Ultimately he wasn't ready to start and that showed in his fitness.

I think he will be a great player for us and will certainly be an improvement on ledge!

:| What abuse is he getting?

Even the people who are saying it was a terrible or embarrassing debut are mostly saying that he can't be judged on that and he looks to have enough about him to possibly turn into a good player for us when he's fully fit.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 13 Jan 2013 16:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup Guthrie was the biggest winner of the Carico start in my opinion.

Suddenly having another hyped midfielder seemed to take all the pressure off poor Guthrie and we saw what he is truly capable of. Further more when he saw that Carico was actually having a embarrassing game he came in a couple of times and helped him out, then went from strength to strength himself and continued to boss the game.

As Brian says, Carico will be fine. Give the lad some time. I am excited by the prospect of Brian working on him.

A side note: a bit disappointed by Carico telling BBCRB he came off because they needed a different game plan, not even coming close to admitting he was horrific. Typically Portuguese to talk shit and never admit weakness I know, but come on that was an embarrassment. Any other player asked about the subbing would surely put their hands up and say "yeah I don't think I was on top of my game today as I'm not match fit so it was the right decision but I'll get fit etc" but oh no Carico had the nerve to make out like he was awesome, only came off for tactical reasons and expects to start our next match!!??

Anyone else think this was odd?

No i think it was spot on you utter bellend. He wasnt embarassing. Tidy on the ball, apart from a few awkward moments and lack of fitness.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Jan 2013 16:11

'Greed, and I'm glad he sounded as thrilled as the rest of us with the win instead of feeling excluded and isolated from the squad because of an average 45 minutes.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jan 2013 17:20

Anyone using the word "embarrassing" about Carrico's performance... Well, better say that words fail me.

And to then suggest the fact that the reason he couldn't admit it himself is because he's Portugese is quite extraordinary. I guess it must have been a "joke".

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Jan 2013 17:36

Why has this board become one constant stream of pointless whinge vs "how very dare you?"

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2013 18:30

cmonurz Why has this board become one constant stream of pointless whinge vs "how very dare you?"

It always has.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2013 19:03

LoyalRoyal22
2 world wars, 1 world cup Guthrie was the biggest winner of the Carico start in my opinion.

Suddenly having another hyped midfielder seemed to take all the pressure off poor Guthrie and we saw what he is truly capable of. Further more when he saw that Carico was actually having a embarrassing game he came in a couple of times and helped him out, then went from strength to strength himself and continued to boss the game.

As Brian says, Carico will be fine. Give the lad some time. I am excited by the prospect of Brian working on him.

A side note: a bit disappointed by Carico telling BBCRB he came off because they needed a different game plan, not even coming close to admitting he was horrific. Typically Portuguese to talk shit and never admit weakness I know, but come on that was an embarrassment. Any other player asked about the subbing would surely put their hands up and say "yeah I don't think I was on top of my game today as I'm not match fit so it was the right decision but I'll get fit etc" but oh no Carico had the nerve to make out like he was awesome, only came off for tactical reasons and expects to start our next match!!??

No i think it was spot on you utter bellend. He wasnt embarassing. Tidy on the ball, apart from a few awkward moments and lack of fitness.

:lol:

Read my post, simpleton.

I think you should only be allowed to support RFC if you can afford to live here btw

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2013 23:30

2 world wars, 1 world cup
LoyalRoyal22

:lol:

Read my post, simpleton.

I think you should only be allowed to support RFC if you can afford to live here btw

I'm staggered by your lack of self awareness.

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 13 Jan 2013 23:55

I'm definitely not writing Carrico off, but come on guys he had a shocker of a match. It was his error that nearly cost us a goal when Feds made the first save after a square ball by the west brom player for a start. Kept hoofing it. I counted he made 2 passes on floor to a reading player.

I put it down to match sharpness and fitness. Cant play much worse than that thats for sure.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 14 Jan 2013 09:34

Kebe is our Messi I'm definitely not writing Carrico off, but come on guys he had a shocker of a match. It was his error that nearly cost us a goal when Feds made the first save after a square ball by the west brom player for a start. Kept hoofing it. I counted he made 2 passes on floor to a reading player.

I put it down to match sharpness and fitness. Cant play much worse than that thats for sure.

Well thats your opinion because alot of us think he did ok. I remember a few clever passes and tackles he made.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2013 11:06

good touch, good awareness, nice passing, worked hard.
just off the pace.

the twenty minutes of nice football before their goal was due to him imo

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 11:08

melonhead good touch, good awareness, nice passing, worked hard.
just off the pace.

And after. We did a swansea for about 10 minutes immediately after they scored but didn't find a way through.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2013 11:09

agreed

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 14 Jan 2013 11:11

ZacNaloen
just off the pace.

And after. We did a swansea for about 10 minutes immediately after they scored but didn't find a way through.

Yep, I would agree with that view too. He is clearly a much quicker thinker on the pitch, the ball didn't reach him and stop whilst he decided his next move. Means players around him find it easier to get space and keeps things fluid. The touch, fitness and positioning are only going to come with games.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Jan 2013 13:19

Daniel looked off the pace due to not being up to speed in the Premiership which is hardly surprising given he's only managed about 6 minutes in the slower Portuguese league this season. Add to that the fact he's got to get used to using a new language (credit to him he's at least reasonably fluent already) every day as well as a totally new way of living, my guess is that it'll take him a couple of months of consistently playing before we can pass any sort of judgement.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Jan 2013 13:28

just off the pace.

Pearce didn't think much of his awareness as he allowed Lukaku to run free for their first!

A couple of OK passes but some awful ones, including one ballooned up into the air, too. Time will tell but one thing appeared pretty clear on Saturday - he shouldn't have been dropped straight into the team like that.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2013 13:32

Bah!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 14 Jan 2013 20:22

Anyone get the opinion that Carriço is some sort of super villain?

Something is going on...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2013 20:29

RoyalBlue
just off the pace.

Pearce didn't think much of his awareness as he allowed Lukaku to run free for their first!

A couple of OK passes but some awful ones, including one ballooned up into the air, too. Time will tell but one thing appeared pretty clear on Saturday - he shouldn't have been dropped straight into the team like that.

Nothing to do with his awareness and everything to do with his fitness. Pearce can hardly complain either seeing it was him Lukaku turned to get the pass away to Morrison and then body checked and went away from meaning Carrico had to chase him.

It's just a shame Lukaku was racing our two slowest players (Pearce & Harte coming across) and a half fit Carrico to get into the box.

420 posts