Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Oct 2013 11:44

Oh, well that's ok then.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Oct 2013 18:02

Yes it is our business, it's our club....

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 21 Oct 2013 18:28

Y21 Maybe the club hasn't said anything because it's none of our facking business.

As much as we like to think we are part of the club, we aren't. We're just the mug punters.

Good job we made it our business back in the eighties when Maxwell was going to merge us with Oxford,our protests led to Roger Smee in to save the club,or else you lot wouldn't have one to argue about.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 21 Oct 2013 20:49

So what's going on folks?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2013 21:01

Barry the bird boggler Yes it is our business, it's our club....

How many shares do 'we' own? It's really not. Not that I place a great deal of weight in that particular argument myself.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Oct 2013 10:16

The Rouge So what's going on folks?

Not much. Some droopy bollox trying to suggest its ok for football clubs to not tell their fans anything.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Oct 2013 11:28

Ian Royal

How many shares do 'we' own? It's really not. Not that I place a great deal of weight in that particular argument myself.

So speaks a man who listens to games on his radio!

Fans endure. We'll be there after Madejski and whenever Zingarevich leaves we'll be still be there. Thank God people like Roy Tranter, Roger Smee and those of you who protested against Maxwell fought for this club so we could have a club. If it was left up to people like Ian Royal his precious radio would be broadcasting games from Didcot.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Oct 2013 11:58

Clubs don't HAVE to tell their fans anything. But when they don't, I think that's bad form and signs of a problem.

As for the importance of shareholders well, not sure how happy they would be with a club without fans.

Worth thinking about when considering your hierarchy of importance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2013 17:54

sandman
Ian Royal

So speaks a man who listens to games on his radio!

Fans endure. We'll be there after Madejski and whenever Zingarevich leaves we'll be still be there. Thank God people like Roy Tranter, Roger Smee and those of you who protested against Maxwell fought for this club so we could have a club. If it was left up to people like Ian Royal his precious radio would be broadcasting games from Didcot.

I think you might want to read up on the Thames Valley Royals scandal. Tranter was on the board of Directors, so was far from being just a normal fan. Smee was an ex-player and wealthy local businessman. Also completely different from just a normal fan.

Without Tranter blocking the sale through the courts and Smee offering an alternative, it may well not have mattered how much protests there were. We'd have a phoenix club of some sort, or a much better supported Reading Town. Albeit no where near as successful as we have been. And I'd almost certainly not be a fan. So I'm incredibly grateful to those two. But the fact is, the club absolutely isn't ours in any real or meaningful way.

Not that it matters in the least because that whole line or arguing is irrelevant in what the club should be telling us or not about the buyout. I stick to there being nothing of import to tell us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2013 18:27

Sandman is absolutely right. Without the supporters there are no clubs. All you have is eleven guys kicking a ball around a field for the fun of it. They certainly wouldn't get paid to do it.

Conversely, where there are supporters there will always be a real living football club in some shape or form. Ultimately then, football and professional clubs alienate their supporters at their peril.

So Tranter was on the board and Smee was a former player but i would suggest that their real motivation remained not their status (past or contemporary)but the fact that they were genuine supporters/fans of Reading Football Club.

Had they not stepped in and had Maxwell got his evil way, I would wager that a phoenix Reading Football Club would have risen due to the efforts of supporters - just as phoenix clubs have arisen elsewhere e.g. Aldershot and Wimbledon.

If Anton and TSI do turn out to be the bad guys that some people are suggesting (almost want to be the case?) and JM decides enough is enough and disappears into the sunset, leading to the current Reading Football Club folding, there will be a new Reading Football Club formed at some point and, dare I suggest, it might even be quite an enjoyable journey for supporters to start at the bottom again amongst a far more honest and genuine footballing community.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 22 Oct 2013 19:26

I have dealt with Russians for 20 odd years and I have never met a good un,
and that includes the Ilem group.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 22 Oct 2013 20:09

Erm, lets see the Russians have only currently paid 50% of what they owe for the 51% share holding they own, and now have control of a club without having had to pay more than 25% of the price; they don't need to buy the other 49%, but would if it was in their financial interest. Meanwhile, messing with Russians is something you do at your peril, so SJM is limited in his options for a) getting his money for what he has already sold b) getting his money for what he hasn't yet sold. Finding a buyer for his 49% is a priority for him, however, who would want to put that much money in and still not be a majority shareholder, let alone get into bed with this shady Russian mafioso. SJM has determined that he will stay on as chairman to protect his interests, whilst trying to do whatever he can to both save the club and save his own financial situation.

That's option one.

Option two, there's a little bit of hold up, but there is nothing to be concerned about. It's just a matter of paperwork and timing. These things work themselves out, and, at Anton's request, SJM has reluctantly agreed to stay on as chairman, having hoped to step back to spend more time on other pursuits. The club is perfectly safe, Anton is a supporter of the club, and an honourable businessman, there are no significant debts, and if it is not Anton, then someone else would be interested.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Oct 2013 20:29

The only thing I am confused about is why would someone invest money into a club (training grounds, academy) before completing his takeover? Sure he is the majority shareholder but why let someone else profit from your investment as SJM will.. provided any profit is made..

From a strictly business standpoint he should complete his takeover and then start spending so that the returns are his and only his as opposed to splitting the money with the other shareholder.

I'm not for one second worried about any of this I just don't understand why he hasn't bought the remaining shares yet. I'm sure it's nothing sinister.. the idea he has no money should be pooh-poohed..

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Oct 2013 22:17

Is it cash invested?

Or is it borrowed against the value of the club and its assets?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Oct 2013 22:58

El Diablo Madejski to stay as Royals chairman for a further two years

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... an-6195560

16 Oct 2013 16:42 Madejski was due to end his 23-year spell as chairman at the end of this season

Sir John Madejski describes his relationship with Anton Zingarevich as 'very cordial'.
Sir John Madejski will stay on as chairman at Reading FC for another two years.

He was due to stand down at the end of the season following the full takeover of the club by Anton Zingarevich,

But Zingarevich has yet to complete his takeover, having missed last month's deadline to buy the remaining 49 per cent of the club.

The Russian has not been at a game since early September and there has been rumours that he is looking to sell his shares.

Since the deadline was missed, the club have maintained a wall of silence regarding the speculation.

But now Madejski has spoken, and has revealed he will be sticking around.

He said: "I've been asked to stay on for two more years which I've accepted.

"I've always had the best interests of Reading FC at heart.

"I'm quite happy to be chairman going forward.

"We're entering a very exciting period of time.

"Our focus is to get back to the Premier League."

Much was made of the fact that Zingarevich missed the deadline to complete his takeover at the end of September.

Madejski insists, however, that he is not concerned by the delay.

And Royals' chairman says no new date has been set for things to be completed.

"There's no rush," he said. "I'm sure in time we will work things out.

"We haven't set a date in stone because a date was mentioned last time and it all got a bit out of focus."

When asked if he was still on good terms with Zingarevich, Madejski replied: "It's very cordial.

"He's very busy with his life in Russia, his business and he's just had a baby daughter."

Very ' Cordial'...hmmmmm...

RFC HNA apologists now look infinitely more f*cking stupid than they ever did to begin with.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Oct 2013 11:06

SydenhamRoyal
Erm, lets see the Russians have only currently paid 50% of what they owe for the 51% share holding they own,

Is that true ? Have they not paid for the 51% they own but delayed buying the remainder of the club as per the original agreement.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Oct 2013 11:54

SydenhamRoyal

Erm, lets see the Russians have only currently paid 50% of what they owe for the 51% share holding they own, and now have control of a club without having had to pay more than 25% of the price;

Wrong.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2013 11:54

Nameless
SydenhamRoyal
Erm, lets see the Russians have only currently paid 50% of what they owe for the 51% share holding they own,

Is that true ? Have they not paid for the 51% they own but delayed buying the remainder of the club as per the original agreement.

I don't think its true..

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Oct 2013 14:22

SydenhamRoyal

Erm, lets see the Russians have only currently paid 50% of what they owe for the 51% share holding they own, and now have control of a club without having had to pay more than 25% of the price; they don't need to buy the other 49%, but would if it was in their financial interest. Meanwhile, messing with Russians is something you do at your peril, so SJM is limited in his options for a) getting his money for what he has already sold b) getting his money for what he hasn't yet sold. Finding a buyer for his 49% is a priority for him, however, who would want to put that much money in and still not be a majority shareholder, let alone get into bed with this shady Russian mafioso. SJM has determined that he will stay on as chairman to protect his interests, whilst trying to do whatever he can to both save the club and save his own financial situation.

That's option one.

Option two, there's a little bit of hold up, but there is nothing to be concerned about. It's just a matter of paperwork and timing. These things work themselves out, and, at Anton's request, SJM has reluctantly agreed to stay on as chairman, having hoped to step back to spend more time on other pursuits. The club is perfectly safe, Anton is a supporter of the club, and an honourable businessman, there are no significant debts, and if it is not Anton, then someone else would be interested.

TSI only paying half of their existing 51%? That's the biggest crock of shit posted on here in, er, days!
Last edited by SPARTA on 23 Oct 2013 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2013 14:25

SydenhamRoyal

That's option one.

they have fully bought 51 % of the club outright
the delay is in buying the 49%

8684 posts