630 posts
Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Toon (A) SAT 15 AUG *LIVE* 2 options

by Ark Royal » 12 Aug 2009 19:42

Another one to try:

http://www.supersoccerstreams.blogspot.com/

Quality stream of the game I watched live (Bury v WBA). Every live game appears to be have been available so far, so I would expect Barcodes v Reading to be no different.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 13 Aug 2009 03:44

For Australians.

Foxtel:
Channel: 502 FOX SPORTS 2
Time: Sun 16 Aug, 2:15 am. Duration 135 mins.

Common URZ!

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 15 Aug 2009 14:47

Don't know about other providers but Setanta is doing a free preview on DirecTV.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 15 Aug 2009 15:03

PremAddict Don't know about other providers but Setanta is doing a free preview on DirecTV.

I thought this might be a freebie weekend on DirecTV but couldn't be @rris'd to check on it --cheerz mon, that's ace

So there y'all have it --ESPN360 for the live and archived stream, Setanta US for live TV, and free to DirecTV subscribers on Setanta US (Channel 621)

Kickoff 12:20 PM Eastern

jgriowa

Reading FC on U.S. TV: Reading vs Leicester City

by jgriowa » 16 Oct 2009 21:25

Setanta is listing the Leicester match as a live airing.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Reading vs Leicester City

by RoyalChicagoFC » 16 Oct 2009 22:21

jgriowa Setanta is listing the Leicester match as a live airing.

Well spotted --cheerz

That's on Monday week 26th October; note the 4:00 PM EDT kickoff (with a same-day repeat screening from 9:30 PM EDT) --UK'll be back on GMT, but we'll still be on DST, so kickoff is an hour later'n normal from a stateside perspective

Same will go for the match away to Coventry on Hallowe'en Saturday --11 AM EDT kickoff instead of the usual 10 o'clock

Normal service resumes on the time conversions after that

I'll bump this neck's tweak

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: LCFC (H) MON 26 OCT *LIVE*/Setanta US

by RoyalChicagoFC » 24 Oct 2009 15:39

Right, three things: Reminder about Monday; reminder about time conversions; belated general news about screenings of Premier League matches in the States...

Monday 4 PM Eastern U.S. time: RFC v. Leicester live from the Madejski Stadium on Setanta US. Those who aren't subscribed to Setanta US will have to find a pub or an, ahem, alternative

Note the unusual start time of 4 PM (instead of the normal 3 o'clock for a Monday game) --time conversions will be off by an hour for a week, and we'll get into this below

A single repeat screening is scheduled for 9:30 PM Eastern on Monday, also on Setanta US

UK and EU turn their clocks back overnite on 24th/25th October, but we don't return to Standard Time in the States until overnite next Saturday/Sunday

What it means is that for the next week beginning on Sunday (tomorrow) morning, kickoffs will fall an hour later than we're used to on this side of the puddle --so enjoy the extra hour's sleep if that's what you're into

This will affect Monday's home match with Leicester and next Saturday's match away to Coventry (kickoff 11:00 AM Eastern), after which normal time conversions will be back in force until springtime (when we move clocks forward a few weeks before they do)

Expanded coverage of Premier League matches in the States has resulted in part from the general demise of Setanta. This all happened right on the eve of the current season, but I've been too damned LOLazy to mention it

It's gr8 news m8 for the domestic contingent and overseas visitors alike --bottom line: it's just easier to find Premier League games on U.S. TV anymore

Fox still controls the rights over here and is at liberty to sell portions of it. Setanta US still get first and third pick of the Saturday 3:00 PM (10 AM Eastern) kickoffs and priority selection of midweek matches (with FSC getting second choice), plus the Sunday matinees, but the Saturday lunchtime kickoffs have moved off of Setanta and onto ESPN2 --which is much easier to access than Setanta and is, for all intents and purposes, free

Saturday's lunchtime kickoffs go from 7:45 AM Eastern over here, and ESPN2 also got the Monday matches that kick off at 8:00 PM over across (3 PM Eastern), and all of this on top of the fact that they'd picked up a Sunday match in the Spanish Primera Division for live screening before the addition of Premier League match coverage to their portfolio

Another good thing: if of a given Saturday there's no lunchtime kickoff, then ESPN2 get to screen one of the 3 o'clocks --which means that no fewer than four Premier League matches would be going out live and simultaneously over 3 platforms (Setanta on their main and Xtra channels; FSC; ESPN2)

So there you have it. Enjoy your football

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Liverpool (H) SAT 2 JAN --FSC live???

by RoyalChicagoFC » 04 Dec 2009 01:56

FA Cup Third Round tie with Liverpool has been made the TeeVee match over across

It's a stand-alone kickoff set to go from 5:15 PM local time at the Madejski on Saturday 2nd January, which makes it 12:15 PM Eastern U.S.-stylee

It's the only thing going at that hour upon that date, and FSC have it on their schedule but with no names named yet

If it happens that way, it means no PPV nonsense or 15 bucks to get inside a door of a pub as in the bad old days, etc.

Looks awfully promising, and I'll keep an eye peeled and update with any news --would be great thing to keep a long New Year's 2010 weekend on a hot roll, yo

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: L'pool (H) SAT 2 JAN --Setanta live

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Dec 2009 14:05

**What follows is a re-posting from 1400 USEDT hour on Monday 28th January --just for the purpose of bumping the thread for the benefit of those who hadn't seen it but could use the information, and there've been a couple of repeat screenings added for late next week; no news of real significance here to those who have checked the thread since Monday, and with that I bid ye a happy new year in advance

Right well, it's not quite as we'd hoped --the FA Cup Third Round tie with Liverpool is set to go live over this side, but it's on Setanta US from 12:15 PM Eastern U.S. time on Saturday 2nd January (9:15 AM Pacific time)

There had been reason to hope that FSC would have it, but this didn't pan out --so it'll be a bit harder to find than we'd hoped, but any football pub worthy of the name will be open, pouring and have it on the screen at the appointed hour

As of this writing, repeat screenings on Setanta are scheduled for:

6:30 PM on Saturday (same day)
3:15 AM and 9:00 AM on Sunday the 3rd
1:00 PM and 5:00 PM on Monday the 4th
9:30 AM on Wednesday the 6th
5:00 AM on Friday the 8th
(all times Eastern U.S.; given that Setanta are a bunch of meatheads, take it all with a grain of salt and consult guides for changes)

Farther afield, the league match away to Donny Rovers has been moved for TV and, in all likelihood, will screen live in the States on Setanta from 12:20 PM Eastern on Saturday 6th February; confirmation to follow when it can be done

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 04 Jan 2010 19:48

fyi, Setanta has the replay at Anfield on their schedule, as least for the moment...

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 04 Jan 2010 20:18

^ Yup, I've been tracking this on an hourly basis

The FA already have changed the kickoff time from the initially reported 2000 GMT to 1945 (and not everyone has got word of that yet); Setanta have posted it as a live screening (with several repeat screenings) to their schedule; and FSC --after a recent "site upgrade"-- still have their schedule up from the week before last and nothing for the current week

The replay will be screened live here somewhere in any case, and I'll post details in full once I can do so with greater confidence (Toon v. Argyle goes on the same day and time and should be on whichever of Setanta and FSC doesn't show ours)

For now, 2:45 PM Eastern U.S. on Wednesday week 13th January, live on Setanta with a same-day repeat screening from 8:30 PM EST

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: L'pool (A) WED 13 JAN --Setanta live

by RoyalChicagoFC » 05 Jan 2010 20:15

Right, let's run with it then...

Setanta US are claiming that they'll be screening the FA Cup Third Round Replay away to Liverpool live from 2:45 PM Eastern U.S. time on Wednesday 13th January, and I'm prepared to take them at their word

A same-day repeat screening is on Setanta's schedule for 8:30 PM on the 13th, with another to follow from 6:00 AM on Thursday the 14th and two more from 3:15 AM and 11:15 AM on Friday the 15th (times Eastern)

Those who would like to see and/or record the match played at home on 2nd January will be pleased to know that Setanta will screen it in full from 6:45 PM EST tonite (Tuesday 5th January) and again on Wednesday the 6th from 9:30 AM and 10:00 PM Eastern

Also a reminder that farther afield, the league match away to Donny Rovers has been moved for TV and, in all likelihood, will screen live in the States on Setanta from 12:20 PM Eastern on Saturday 6th February; confirmation to follow when it can be done

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 Jan 2010 20:47

RC Is there much less interest stateside now that we are a struggling Championship club? Just curious and I don't want to hi-jack this thread.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 05 Jan 2010 21:54

Details of the Liverpool replay screening schedule two posts up ^^

PEARCEY RC Is there much less interest stateside now that we are a struggling Championship club? Just curious

I can only go by what's in front of my nose and not hard data, and with that said, I don't think it's really changed

Same core of hard support of exiles, people with personal/professional connections to the town and your random domestic nutcases the like of 'Hawkerz and me of course, and I didn't detect much of an enduring bandwagon effect during two seasons at the summit

There can be no doubt that the first season in the top flight got the attention of a lot of people, and just about all of it positive (what was not to like, really, and I'll eschew going on a rant here about how those in charge utterly failed to press that opportunity in an emerging football market that just keeps getting bigger and better served with each passing year; what it may lack in a raw count of noses it more than makes up for in cold, hard cash --which as we know is what matters in this game)

Had things ended differently in May of 2008 and beyond, it's likely we'd be reaping greater rewards of increased exposure now that the ESPN (US) hype machine is foursquare behind football and the Prem not least of all

So opportunity lost, as I feared that it would be, but then there were never all that many rats stood ready to abandon ship when the time came heh

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 05 Jan 2010 23:15

PEARCEY RC Is there much less interest stateside now that we are a struggling Championship club? Just curious and I don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Proud nutcase checking in. Whenever I tell anyone from the UK that Reading FC is my club I get the requisite, 'Why Reading?!!', which I am always happy to explain. I think if we had stayed in the Prem and were on our 4th straight year with the big boys I don't think I would be asked 'why' so often.

And with ESPN now showing Prem games regularly I am positive we would have picked up more fans. (I would say supporters, but hard to support the club financially from the states aside from subscribing to Reading World and purchasing a replica shirt or three). So I would not say interest is waning, but I agree wholeheartedly with my fellow nutcase in the heart of our country that we had a fantastic opportunity to grow and have missed it. (For now anyway, I still dream of being a Wigan-style prem team some day).

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2010 23:24

Have any of you guys ever though of linking up with someone to get you programmes et al sent over for you. Chi is on my FB but i'm not sure if he looks at my home / away photos.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 05 Jan 2010 23:30

^Does 8)

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2010 23:35

Good man. More coming soon. :D

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 06 Jan 2010 00:30

royalexile Have any of you guys ever though of linking up with someone to get you programmes et al sent over for you. Chi is on my FB but i'm not sure if he looks at my home / away photos.

Floyd sends me stuff on a regular basis and does it all on his own dime. Top bloke!

Royal, pm me your name and I will add you as a friend on facebook, I would love to see those pictures. I enjoy checking out BenReadingFC's when he posts them here and on his livevideo page.

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 06 Jan 2010 01:19

seahawk10
royalexile Have any of you guys ever though of linking up with someone to get you programmes et al sent over for you. Chi is on my FB but i'm not sure if he looks at my home / away photos.

Floyd sends me stuff on a regular basis and does it all on his own dime. Top bloke!

Royal, pm me your name and I will add you as a friend on facebook, I would love to see those pictures. I enjoy checking out BenReadingFC's when he posts them here and on his livevideo page.

At the risk of being a 'me too', I would say 'me too' please, RoyalExile. Any opportunity to view pics from games is greatly appreciated.

630 posts