New signing today

405 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Re:

by Millsy » 30 Sep 2010 18:19

2 world wars, 1 world cup I reckon we'll probably get someone like Harte, which muight not be too bad as he'll probably score a few set piece goals. Siggy will definitely go (even though he won't really want to) as we'll do anything for money and Harte will be the compensation.

Kebe will start playing very well indeed and shut his slaters up with style.

We will also probably beat Ipswich in 2010 with a late goal by Simon Church in a 10 vs 10 game. It might well kick-start his scoring.

I might be wrong though.

So far so good 8)

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 30 Sep 2010 18:52

2 world wars, 1 world cup
2 world wars, 1 world cup I reckon we'll probably get someone like Harte, which muight not be too bad as he'll probably score a few set piece goals. Siggy will definitely go (even though he won't really want to) as we'll do anything for money and Harte will be the compensation.

We will also probably beat Ipswich in 2010 with a late goal by Simon Church in a 10 vs 10 game. It might well kick-start his scoring.

I might be wrong though.

So far so good 8)

I don't suppose you put a couple of quid on it?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 Sep 2010 20:04

oldebiscuit
2 world wars, 1 world cup

I might be wrong though.

So far so good 8)

I don't suppose you put a couple of quid on it?

I think you're supposed to place your bets before things happen to win anything :wink:

southstand67

Re: New signing today

by southstand67 » 30 Sep 2010 21:51

Hmmmm, can't be bothered to quote but in response to two statements:

Orthodox Jews don't frown upon people that convert, the convert will become an Ashkenazi Jew. Jews are not evangelical - they don't try and convert, but they won't stop you if you decide to.

Sikhs wearing crash helmets. I remember the Sikh that refused to wear a helmet and got the law changed as well. About 12 years ago as a motorcycle instructor, I taught a Sikh to ride and he said that he wore a 'smaller' turban in order to enable him to wear a helmet. There you go eh?

What was the question?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New signing today

by Millsy » 02 Oct 2010 13:17

southstand67 Hmmmm, can't be bothered to quote but in response to two statements:

Orthodox Jews don't frown upon people that convert, the convert will become an Ashkenazi Jew. Jews are not evangelical - they don't try and convert, but they won't stop you if you decide to.

Sikhs wearing crash helmets. I remember the Sikh that refused to wear a helmet and got the law changed as well. About 12 years ago as a motorcycle instructor, I taught a Sikh to ride and he said that he wore a 'smaller' turban in order to enable him to wear a helmet. There you go eh?

What was the question?

The question was, can a Sikh convert to Judaism, and if so will he have to wear a helmet?

405 posts