New signings

1201 posts
West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New signings

by West Stand Flash » 01 Sep 2009 12:37

Does anyone know for sure we getting someone else In ??

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 01 Sep 2009 12:38

Following what happened with Smith, you can't even say the club know for sure whether or not we'll be getting in any more players...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Sep 2009 12:39

West Stand Flash Does anyone know for sure we getting someone else In ??

After signing McAnuff and Rasiak, Clodagh said he was hoping to sign another 2 or 3. Since then we've signed O'Dea so that should be another 1 or 2 new faces if all negotiations go OK.

I know he's certainly looking for an another attacking option so we just have to wait and see now...

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 01 Sep 2009 12:41

For me I think we need a central midfielder and it appears its down to either one of the Brians - Stock or Howard - would prefer Stock but we'd probably need to ship both Marek and Harper out for that to happen and I cant see both going - not even sure one will go....so Howard is most likely

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 Sep 2009 12:44

BarryWhiteRFC
Super Kevin Bremner! Song for the new boy (to Tom Hark)

He's not Darren Day
He's Darren O'Dea
He's not Darren Day
He's Darren O'Dea

To SL2 - On a Ragga Tip

O'Dea, O'Dea, O' wadladie O'Dea,
Ay um O'Dea,
Ba day ba wadladie day,
Ay um O'Dea - ay um O'Dea -da-da-da wadladie O'Dea!

Ay um O'Dea,
Ba day ba wadladie day,
Ay um O'Dea - ay um O'Dea -da-da-da wadladie O'Dea!

:oops:

Why be so complicated when the answer is so simple :

Wiki, about baseball player Darren O'Day ....
Fans of the Rangers have started singing O'Day's last name along to the popular chant "Olé, Olé, Olé" ...

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Sep 2009 12:44

Turns8 The 5 month deal is likely to coincide with the length of time that Armstrong will be out recuperating from the knee op...acting as cover and also enabling us to allow Ivar to not have to rush back...

Given that this impressive loan deal adds to £2m we've already spent on another centre half, not to mention the fact that BR seems more than happy "coping" without Harper or Marek, I'm far from convinced that he sees Ivar as the centre of our universe, as is obviously the case with his fan club.

I sense no urgency regarding Ivar's return, only heavy investment in younger replacements.

johnnym

by johnnym » 01 Sep 2009 12:56

Woodcote Royal
Turns8 The 5 month deal is likely to coincide with the length of time that Armstrong will be out recuperating from the knee op...acting as cover and also enabling us to allow Ivar to not have to rush back...

Given that this impressive loan deal adds to £2m we've already spent on another centre half, not to mention the fact that BR seems more than happy "coping" without Harper or Marek, I'm far from convinced that he sees Ivar as the centre of our universe, as is obviously the case with his fan club.

I sense no urgency regarding Ivar's return, only heavy investment in younger replacements.

didn't he make him club captain...after publicly stating he expects his club captain to be playing regular first team football??

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 01 Sep 2009 12:59

Sheffield star reports Brian Howard joining us in 12 month loan deal.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Sep 2009 13:00

I suppose that'd be down to the player keeping his options open if they went up.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Sep 2009 13:23

johnnym
Woodcote Royal

didn't he make him club captain...after publicly stating he expects his club captain to be playing regular first team football??

Club captains don't always make the first 11 as they are often long serving senior players.

If Ivar is nailed on to get his place back when fit (which I doubt) our supposedly "tight as a ducks @rse" chairman is happy to spend £2m and/or loan in top players to sit on the bench.

Everything that has happened since BR picked his team to face Forest suggests to me that Coppell's old guard is toast here and that includes the signings of 2 high calibre defenders who I believe wouldn't be here unless they are destined to start.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 13:41

Also playing 3 CBs in a 3-5-2 is possibly a formation BR is thinking of playing...allowing us to over run the midfield with pacey wing backs...which we now seem to have an abundance of ...Rosey, Bertrand, Kebe, McAnuff, Henry, Robson-Kanu....

LMFAO! only two of them could play wing back. They do have defensive duties you know....

Rosenior's kick and rush approach would be like having a slow shit Gilkes playing at right wing back. Awful idea.

Ryn

by Ryn » 01 Sep 2009 13:45

Ian have you been reading my mind today? I've agreed with everything you've posted so far.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 13:46

Woodcote Royal
johnnym
Woodcote Royal Given that this impressive loan deal adds to £2m we've already spent on another centre half, not to mention the fact that BR seems more than happy "coping" without Harper or Marek, I'm far from convinced that he sees Ivar as the centre of our universe, as is obviously the case with his fan club.

Club captains don't always make the first 11 as they are often long serving senior players.

If Ivar is nailed on to get his place back when fit (which I doubt) our supposedly "tight as a ducks @rse" chairman is happy to spend £2m and/or loan in top players to sit on the bench.

Everything that has happened since BR picked his team to face Forest suggests to me that Coppell's old guard is toast here and that includes the signings of 2 high calibre defenders who I believe wouldn't be here unless they are destined to start.

Except Ivar is probably pretty unlikely to be back in the next 3 months, so by the time he is, there will only be one signing in his position. He can then step in and take the Vice Captain's position. Easy.

Ryn - I'm just posting good sense as usual :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Sep 2009 13:53

Ian Royal Except Ivar is probably pretty unlikely to be back in the next 3 months, so by the time he is, there will only be one signing in his position. He can then step in and take the Vice Captain's position. Easy.

Yep, just as "easy" as Harper and Marek getting their places back when "fit"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 13:55

Woodcote Royal
Ian Royal Except Ivar is probably pretty unlikely to be back in the next 3 months, so by the time he is, there will only be one signing in his position. He can then step in and take the Vice Captain's position. Easy.

Yep, just as "easy" Harper and Marek getting their places back when fit..................

Marek isn't one of your "Coppell old guard" he barely played under Coppell. In fact I suspect he's less of a Coppell old guard, than Pearce, Karacan, NHunt, Kebe & Federici. All Rodgers regulars.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Sep 2009 14:00

He's a senior player signed by Coppell and they've all been sidelined or sold expect Ivar who is injured..........................but, lets face it, you have been rather slow on the up take in this respect.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Sep 2009 14:05

Woodcote Royal He's a senior player signed by Coppell and they've all been sidelined or sold expect Ivar who is injured..........................but, lets face it, you have been rather slow on the up take in this respect.

Well that's not quite true is it:

Rosenior is a senior player and a Coppell signing and has played all season.

Noel Hunt has come back from injury and is in the team

Gunnarsson started at the weekend

Kebe is playing

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2009 14:08

West Stand Flash Sheffield star reports Brian Howard joining us in 12 month loan deal.

Seemed to escape attention at the bottom of last page...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/blades/BREAKIN ... 5605392.jp

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Sep 2009 14:14

I think these last minute loan deals are good idea, saves the coffers for the real push next year and helps steady the ship.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Sep 2009 14:15

Stranded
Woodcote Royal He's a senior player signed by Coppell and they've all been sidelined or sold expect Ivar who is injured..........................but, lets face it, you have been rather slow on the up take in this respect.

Well that's not quite true is it:

Rosenior is a senior player and a Coppell signing and has played all season.

Noel Hunt has come back from injury and is in the team

Gunnarsson started at the weekend

Kebe is playing

You seem to have a problem with the word "senior"

I forgot about Bryn but none of the others are approaching or over 30.

Calling Karacan or Federici senior players is just ridiculous. They are both a good fit for the young squad BR is building and he seems to prefer to sign his own "experience"

If Ivar get his place back he will be the exception as even Bryn himself can't believe he has a long term future here.

1201 posts