Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: anyone else hate England and the world cup?

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Aug 2010 14:09

brendywendy It all depends on what happens next. 2 new players of decent level will be the best possible scenario. No new players,or further sales will be catastrophic.i hope the club know this.

This.

If we get £6m, we will can budget any future fees as we would debts. Taking into account other sales and costs, It shuld leave us with around £4m for transfer plus wages. We could get a centre forward, a centre mid, a centre half and maybe even a left back. All should be quality Championship players. People like Emmanuel Thomas, Fryatt etc. Maybe even someone better than Kish.

I know a bit about what has been going on and I know the club have been working hard to sell Long and Fed and maybe even McAnuff. Seems there have been no takers and Sig is the only player we have recieved a decent offer for. More worringly the players I have heard we are looking at are the like of Northampton's left winger, so my hopes of quality replacements maybe far fethced.

It's a kick in the bollox whatever. So proud to see Sig playing for Reading and performing the way he has. Whoever replaces him, it wont be the same. Replace him with quality though and I wont be so sad.

NWL Royal

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by NWL Royal » 30 Aug 2010 14:11

We love you Gylfi Sigurdsson! :cry:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 14:12

i dont use use twitter. what did noel hunt put on their relating to gylfi!?

The Positive One!

by The Positive One! » 30 Aug 2010 14:12

NEVER have I felt so let down by RFC!! After feeling so positive after the game on Saturday - now just feel upset and angry!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 30 Aug 2010 14:12

Irrespective if its 3,4,5 or £6m the burning question has to be what is going to happen as far as additions are concerned that is going to be the major factor here, if no one of any substance comes in then Madejski will well and get what he deserves from the fans at the Palace game. It would be encouraging to hear his stance on the present situation surrounding our team, however, unlike when we had our finest moments and he couldn't be kept of our screens spouting how well he had done, we wont hear from him he will just send his glove puppet Hammond to face the music, which will be loudly applauded by his personal fan club on here.
Last edited by howser on 30 Aug 2010 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 30 Aug 2010 14:15

Super Kevin Bremner! I wonder if there's a chance the deal will involve them loaning him back to us straight away? By all accounts they have sold a decent midfielder and already shelled out on another new one. Could happen I suppose.....

The definition of ambition by the way is 'an earnest desire for some type of achievement'.

The definition of achievement is 'something that is accomplished'.

IF financial security for the football club is the desired achievement, then by default we are an ambitious club.

That comes across as really mardy I know, but it's not meant to be, it's just my lateral thinking that get's me frustrated when the word ambition is thrown around.

As a fan, I want to be entertained and I want to see success. I am not excited or entertained by an impressive balance sheet. If I was, I would support a FTSE 100 company and break out the rumblestix at the AGM.

Maybe the club's ambitions and mine are hopelessly out of kilter. I could live with selling off Premiership big money players to build a young side from the acadamy, but now it's clear we are simply going to flog off the best of these as soon as they can command a decent fee, i'm increasingly asking myself what is the point?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Aug 2010 14:16

t's fine guys, it's no problem Gylfi's left. I bought a new pair of boots yesterday especially for my new role as Gylfi's replacement 8)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2010 14:17

I'm glad we're getting 8million for him.

Seems about right to be fair.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 14:18

How much of a legend would Gylfi be if he snubbed Hoffenheim. Would love to see madejski face if he did, would be priceless.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 14:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm glad we're getting 8million for him.

Seems about right to be fair.

:lol: wind up merchant

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 Aug 2010 14:19

Schards#2
Super Kevin Bremner! I wonder if there's a chance the deal will involve them loaning him back to us straight away? By all accounts they have sold a decent midfielder and already shelled out on another new one. Could happen I suppose.....

The definition of ambition by the way is 'an earnest desire for some type of achievement'.

The definition of achievement is 'something that is accomplished'.

IF financial security for the football club is the desired achievement, then by default we are an ambitious club.

That comes across as really mardy I know, but it's not meant to be, it's just my lateral thinking that get's me frustrated when the word ambition is thrown around.

As a fan, I want to be entertained and I want to see success. I am not excited or entertained by an impressive balance sheet. If I was, I would support a FTSE 100 company and break out the rumblestix at the AGM.

Maybe the club's ambitions and mine are hopelessly out of kilter. I could live with selling off Premiership big money players to build a young side from the acadamy, but now it's clear we are simply going to flog off the best of these as soon as they can command a decent fee, i'm increasingly asking myself what is the point?

Isn't this part of being a self-supporting club though - selling players when they can command a decent fee in order to build your squad?

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 30 Aug 2010 14:20

Sir Rodger Doyle Can someone tot up all of the transfer dealings since 2006/2007 including this one at say £4.25M?

From the last 3 seasons i.e. since relegation, from memory I make it around....

08/09
Out
Shorey – 3 Mill
Kitson – 5.5 Mill
Fae – 3Mill
Sonko – 2Mill
Convey – Free
Oster – Free
Little - Free
In
Armstrong – 500k
N Hunt -650k
Tabb – 300k
Mooney – 300k
08/09 net = + 11 million
09/10
Out
Murty - Free
USA - Free
Lita – Free
Duberry - Free
Doyle – 6.5 Mill
Bikey – 3 Mill
S Hunt – 3 Mill
Rosenior – 250 k
Harper – 300k
In
Mills – 2Mill
Rasiak – 450k
McAnuff – 500k
Howard – 500k
Cummings – 250 k
09/10 net = + 9 Million
10/11
Out
Rasiak - 0
Marek – 700k
Cisse – 500 k
Henry – 300k
Gylfi – 4.25 Mill
In
Griffin – 250k
Williams -0
Net total 10/11 = + 5.5. Million

Over 3 seasons Net = + 25 Million

These figures are all from memory.....also this does not take into account wages which would make massive indents for example last season Hunt and Doyle (20k each) Bikey, Murty, USA, Lita, Harper and Rosenior (say 10k each (guess)) = 100k per week = around 5 million saved from wage bill per year.
This year Rasiak, Cisse, Marek, Gylfi, (say 8 k each) and Henry (say 3 k) have saved already 35k per week or 1.8 million over the year!! (half the 4 million we need to save before transfer fees!!)

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 30 Aug 2010 14:23

oxf*rd this club. Loyalty has to be earned. You have to make it at least worth turning up. Selling almost our entire Premiership team, and now a summer selling four players with little effort to replace them. 3 key loanees leave - one is bought (cheap enough), one is replaced by a substandard free transfer, one apparently doesn't need to be replaced, even though we've only got three central defenders and one of them is injured. Ha Ha fcking Ha.

I'm preparing myself for a day without signings tomorrow, and I hope everyone else is too.

We'll get a couple of loans in over the next 2 weeks, and we'll hear talk of the club's ambition again.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 30 Aug 2010 14:24

Gylfi will be wearing the NR 10 shirt at Hoffenheim should the deal go through. Still the medical left. Maybe he trips and injures his legs on the way to medical.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 30 Aug 2010 14:24

Schards#2 As a fan, I want to be entertained and I want to see success. I am not excited or entertained by an impressive balance sheet. If I was, I would support a FTSE 100 company and break out the rumblestix at the AGM.

I couldn't agree more!

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 30 Aug 2010 14:27

I refuse to believe this until it becomes official! Or am i just clutching at straws? :|

themadstad

by themadstad » 30 Aug 2010 14:28

LoyalRoyal22 i dont use use twitter. what did noel hunt put on their relating to gylfi!?

He tweeted ''I'm very sad and gutted to loose a good friend today''

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 30 Aug 2010 14:29

so if hunty is saying he is sad to see him go then its done deal

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 Aug 2010 14:30

jonboy29red so if hunty is saying he is sad to see him go then its done deal

Unless he's just read the same headlines as the rest of us.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 30 Aug 2010 14:31

1419 posts