8684 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2013 14:27

2 world wars, 1 world cup
El Diablo Madejski to stay as Royals chairman for a further two years

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... an-6195560

16 Oct 2013 16:42 Madejski was due to end his 23-year spell as chairman at the end of this season

Sir John Madejski describes his relationship with Anton Zingarevich as 'very cordial'.
Sir John Madejski will stay on as chairman at Reading FC for another two years.

He was due to stand down at the end of the season following the full takeover of the club by Anton Zingarevich,

But Zingarevich has yet to complete his takeover, having missed last month's deadline to buy the remaining 49 per cent of the club.

The Russian has not been at a game since early September and there has been rumours that he is looking to sell his shares.

Since the deadline was missed, the club have maintained a wall of silence regarding the speculation.

But now Madejski has spoken, and has revealed he will be sticking around.

He said: "I've been asked to stay on for two more years which I've accepted.

"I've always had the best interests of Reading FC at heart.

"I'm quite happy to be chairman going forward.

"We're entering a very exciting period of time.

"Our focus is to get back to the Premier League."

Much was made of the fact that Zingarevich missed the deadline to complete his takeover at the end of September.

Madejski insists, however, that he is not concerned by the delay.

And Royals' chairman says no new date has been set for things to be completed.

"There's no rush," he said. "I'm sure in time we will work things out.

"We haven't set a date in stone because a date was mentioned last time and it all got a bit out of focus."

When asked if he was still on good terms with Zingarevich, Madejski replied: "It's very cordial.

"He's very busy with his life in Russia, his business and he's just had a baby daughter."

Very ' Cordial'...hmmmmm...

RFC HNA apologists now look infinitely more f*cking stupid than they ever did to begin with.

says captain stupid-looking

Rfc1987

by Rfc1987 » 23 Oct 2013 15:46

Very ' Cordial'...hmmmmm...[/quote]

HAHAHA Oh my! look up the word cordial my friend

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Oct 2013 16:14

yeah, unless sjm did the annoying speech mark thing with his fingers as he used the word i cant see that as a negative
even if he meant some kind of concentrated fruit drink it just means he's gone a bit mental.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2013 16:33

I don't understand. Why is SJM referring to their relationship as a fruit-based soft drink?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Oct 2013 17:03

So, let's say it all goes smoothly and the take over is completed, I wonder does that mean AZ will spend more time in the UK in a couple of years or will we have CS and NH2 filling in game after game.....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Oct 2013 17:06

Rfc1987 Very ' Cordial'...hmmmmm...

HAHAHA Oh my! look up the word cordial my friend[/quote]

HAHAHAH Oh my ! look up the difference between a noun and an adjective my friend

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Oct 2013 18:26

SJM has given so little away that people have taken to debating the polysemy of his f/cking words.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Oct 2013 18:59

If I was JM or AZ I would give little away as well, FFS this is a lot of money we are talking about, why on earth would either of them really tell us what is going on, JM has this club at heart, just realise that that is the truth, it always has been.

This is a business transaction between two people , they are not going to go public, JM wants his money, AZ cant give it at the moment, Just hope that it ends up happy ever after, fwiw I think it will.

Cypry

by Cypry » 23 Oct 2013 19:06

Nameless
Rfc1987 Very ' Cordial'...hmmmmm...

HAHAHA Oh my! look up the word cordial my friend

HAHAHAH Oh my ! look up the difference between a noun and an adjective my friend

I think the point was that Rfc1987 seems to think that SJMs use of the word cordial means something other than "warm and friendly".......

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Oct 2013 19:33

Cypry
I think the point was that Rfc1987 seems to think that SJMs use of the word cordial means something other than "warm and friendly".......

And maybe that point was entirely lost on me !

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Oct 2013 19:35

Is that because he's a fvcking idiot?

Btw I'm glad I read all of Sydenham's post, or I might not have realised his opening sentence was a pisstake and quoted it out of context like a belmont

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Oct 2013 19:39

Silver Fox Is that because he's a fvcking idiot?

Btw I'm glad I read all of Sydenham's post, or I might not have realised his opening sentence was a pisstake and quoted it out of context like a belmont

It really doesn't read like a pisstake, getting the details of the deal right wouldn't have made any difference to the rest of it and having such a glaring error in the first sentence means that people only read that and then stop.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 23 Oct 2013 20:31

Then again you never know SJM may of put the skids on the deal until something is made sure of.

That may be that Boris comes on board and then we will be one of the richest clubs in the country!

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 24 Oct 2013 08:42

Maybe JM doesnt want to sell his remaining stake... :?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Oct 2013 18:08

tee peg Maybe JM doesnt want to sell his remaining stake... :?

Thats SJM to you.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Nov 2013 22:10

SJM needed to sell a stake to fund some of his other business operations. He is now relaxed about what is happening as his immediate cash flow problems were resolved by AZ's cash. AZ is complete history and won't be seen at RFC again - apparently his dad gave him the money for the first tranche and AZ said he could raise the cash to fund the rest. He hasn't been able to do this. As already stated AZ is drumming up buyers - there are three un-named interested parties and SJM is biding his time. However, if a deal isn't imminent come January then we will see a number of higher earning players being sold, and the likes of Baird and Sharp will leave as well. We could have a lot more young players being blooded in the second half of the season.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Nov 2013 10:38

yawn

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 06 Nov 2013 10:51

melonhead yawn

Exactly !... there is Oxford all any of us can do about this and we know very little too. If anyone really gets fed up with the soul sapping "Reading way", they can of course Oxford off and be a 'fan' somewhere else.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 06 Nov 2013 11:35

3points SJM needed to sell a stake to fund some of his other business operations. He is now relaxed about what is happening as his immediate cash flow problems were resolved by AZ's cash. AZ is complete history and won't be seen at RFC again - apparently his dad gave him the money for the first tranche and AZ said he could raise the cash to fund the rest. He hasn't been able to do this. As already stated AZ is drumming up buyers - there are three un-named interested parties and SJM is biding his time. However, if a deal isn't imminent come January then we will see a number of higher earning players being sold, and the likes of Baird and Sharp will leave as well. We could have a lot more young players being blooded in the second half of the season.

I don't know if what you say is true or not, time will tell. However, I am having a little problem with your credibility, given you make one post about the Millwall game, one post claiming to know all about the Drenthe/Williams situation and now this. :?:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Nov 2013 12:40

SJM reiterates today that "these things take time" and there is no rush.. or he might have meant "these things take time and there's no Russian"..

8684 posts