Are you?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 194
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are to unhappy Steve Clark is staying?

by RG30 » 02 Dec 2015 16:23

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Dec 2015 17:24

What a load of shite. A fine example that stats can lie if ever I've seen.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 02 Dec 2015 17:36

Give him all season by all means, but he wont get us promotion with his chopping and changing, and bizarre tactics. He isn't even close to being in the Coppell or McDermott mould. Hopefully we can stay in and around play-offs and have something to play for, but if he has lost some of the players, as he has a good portion of fans and board, then this season is lost.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 02 Dec 2015 18:16

sandman
Ian Royal No one minds asipirations ABOVE Reading FC. We just expect a bit of commitment to the job someone's started and to not go sniffing around the first sideways move to come up when they've only got 30% into the first crack at their big project here.

Fulham aren't a sideways step though other than in league position. The only thing they've not got that we do is a modern stadium.

Other than that they have a slightly stronger academy, they were a Premier League side for 13 years which is more than we've ever managed and they were in European competition not too long ago. I'd also hazard a guess that their owner has more money than our three owners combined.

They are hardly better enough to allow someone to walk away from a contract this early with any integrity.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Dec 2015 18:35

sandman
Ian Royal No one minds asipirations ABOVE Reading FC. We just expect a bit of commitment to the job someone's started and to not go sniffing around the first sideways move to come up when they've only got 30% into the first crack at their big project here.

Fulham aren't a sideways step though other than in league position. The only thing they've not got that we do is a modern stadium.

Other than that they have a slightly stronger academy, they were a Premier League side for 13 years which is more than we've ever managed and they were in European competition not too long ago. I'd also hazard a guess that their owner has more money than our three owners combined.

What exactly is the relevance of playing in Europe's Micky Mouse cup 5 odd years ago and having been in the Prem? Portsmouth were in the Prem for longer, have played in europe and have won the FA. Means oxf*rd all now they're in League 2 and at least they actually won some silverware for their efforts. I would certainly call a move to Portsmouth a sideways move, at minimum, as I would Fulham.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2015 19:03

sandman

Yeah i agree that if Clarke was asked to manage Fulham three years ago or more it would be a step up. But we're talking about now. Their short term prospects are no better than ours. So sideways move to all intents and purposes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2015 19:09

There's an article written by someone who's looked at a couple of stats and decided he doesn't need to do any real research.

I'm not convinced he knew anything about us before the Fulham debacle.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Dec 2015 20:29

Extended-Phenotype
sandman

They are hardly better enough to allow someone to walk away from a contract this early with any integrity.

I didn't realise he'd actually gone.

Must keep up. :oops:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 02 Dec 2015 20:52

Royal Rother
I didn't realise he'd actually gone.

Must keep up. :oops:

He doesn't need to have gone for that point to make sense

HTH

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 02 Dec 2015 21:39

Ian Royal

There's an article written by someone who's looked at a couple of stats and decided he doesn't need to do any real research.

I'm not convinced he knew anything about us before the Fulham debacle.

He can't have looked at many Ian!! This is the list of all our managers' 1st 43 league games in charge (Scottish Charlatan's current total).

He's the 3rd WORST manager in our ENTIRE history based on his 1st 43 league games, (I'd better mention that Charlie Hurley and Fat Sciottish B@stard are only just better, but then they didn't have the financial support Scottish Charlatan has been given).

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Dec 2015 22:11

It'll be interesting to see how many points we've got under Clarke when we reach 46 games, ie a full season.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 03 Dec 2015 00:39

You'll have to wait a bit for that.

That's if he makes it to 46.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2015 07:56

Angry Shed Sex You'll have to wait a bit for that.

What, 3 games?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2015 11:59

Intersting to see Adkins still out performing him despite about a dozen of his games being part of PL relegation. Still, at least Clarke isn't as bad as Bullivant or Rodgers

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 03 Dec 2015 13:59

genome
Angry Shed Sex You'll have to wait a bit for that.

What, 3 games?

We are in agreement. 43 + 3 is indeed 46.

*expects Snowball to jump on and tell me why it isn't*

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2015 14:07

436 posts