CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5395 posts
MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT YET BUT SOON MIGHT BE MAYBE ONE DAY* CONFIMRED

by MouldyRoyal » 05 Aug 2024 17:03

Yeah this is the likely takeover SPV - Redwood Holdings 1 Ltd:

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/15584628

Owned by Chiron Sports Group AG. Redwood Capital is, I believe, a Scottish investment vehicle, but the name is generic so I may be mistaken (and do not know to which article Dirk is referring). No connection.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *STILL NOT F***ING* CONFIMRED

by Sutekh » 05 Aug 2024 18:10

MouldyRoyal Yeah this is the likely takeover SPV - Redwood Holdings 1 Ltd:

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/15584628

Owned by Chiron Sports Group AG. Redwood Capital is, I believe, a Scottish investment vehicle, but the name is generic so I may be mistaken (and do not know to which article Dirk is referring). No connection.

Well guess this all means it must be imminent now

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 05 Aug 2024 19:17

Is the inference of the changes recorded on Friday that Chiron aren't going to be involved?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Aug 2024 20:37

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal Couhig jumps out from the wings onto the stage wearing full kit oxf*rd and shouts "I bought you!"

Limbs and beer everywhere.

Followed by "and unfortunately the club financially isn't viable and we will be merging with Wycombe"...

God, you have to shit on absolutely everything don't you, you sad sack bastard.

Yes.....it tends to bring people back to the real shitty world and protects them from getting too carried away. :D

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 06 Aug 2024 15:18

Linden Jones' Tash Is the inference of the changes recorded on Friday that Chiron aren't going to be involved?

I think it is the opposite, confirmation that Chiron is involved with Couhig (who has replaced Rifkind).

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 06 Aug 2024 17:20

MouldyRoyal
Linden Jones' Tash Is the inference of the changes recorded on Friday that Chiron aren't going to be involved?

I think it is the opposite, confirmation that Chiron is involved with Couhig (who has replaced Rifkind).

I'm being dense - how do we know both Chiron and Couhig are involved?

Redwood holdings 1 just has Couhig and his buddies as listed now...

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 06 Aug 2024 18:18

Linden Jones' Tash
MouldyRoyal

Chiron own all the shares in Redwood (if my understanding of that page is correct): link.

So Chiron own Redwood (where Couhig has been made a director). Redwood will be the company owing the club and managing it on a day-to-day basis.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2024 07:40

Clyde1998
Linden Jones' Tash
MouldyRoyal

Chiron own all the shares in Redwood (if my understanding of that page is correct): link.

So Chiron own Redwood (where Couhig has been made a director). Redwood will be the company owing the club and managing it on a day-to-day basis.

This certainly seems to be the case, Chiron are the money, Couhig is the face (and probably some money). Rifkind will likely still be involved via Chiron but is not a person of significant control of Redwood who will be the owners. So unless, Couhig has bought out Chiron from Redwood we will be run sustainably but with access to some pretty deep pockets if required.

Am I correct that if Chiron had sold the 3m shares they hold in Redwood Holdings 1 Ltd, this would have had to be noted on Companies House? I don't see this anywhere.

scumbag

by scumbag » 07 Aug 2024 08:29

Stranded
Clyde1998
Linden Jones' Tash

This certainly seems to be the case, Chiron are the money, Couhig is the face (and probably some money). Rifkind will likely still be involved via Chiron but is not a person of significant control of Redwood who will be the owners. So unless, Couhig has bought out Chiron from Redwood we will be run sustainably but with access to some pretty deep pockets if required.

Am I correct that if Chiron had sold the 3m shares they hold in Redwood Holdings 1 Ltd, this would have had to be noted on Companies House? I don't see this anywhere.

Couhig by all accounts doesn't have enough money to run/own us. He'll be the face of the consortium in my opinion.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2024 08:50

scumbag
Stranded
Clyde1998 Chiron own all the shares in Redwood (if my understanding of that page is correct): link.

Couhig by all accounts doesn't have enough money to run/own us. He'll be the face of the consortium in my opinion.

If the ownership model is as it looks, that is a definite.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 07 Aug 2024 10:01

Stranded
Clyde1998
Linden Jones' Tash

Yes it would go on Companies House but not straight away. Therefore there is a chance that Chiron no longer owns Redwood Holdings 1 at this point in time, with this potentially being owned by a Couhig related holding company, but that doesn't make commercial sense imo.

If Couhig's consortium had replaced Chiron, then why would they buy out Chiron from an entity that doesn't yet own RFC? The only connection between RFC and Redwood is that RFC owes Redwood money. But still, buying out this entity first is simply buying the club with extra steps. If the two are separate, the more likely and simpler route is that Couhig would have his own SPV that buys the club and repays the debt to Redwood.

As such, it feels a safe conclusion to infer that Couhig is involved in the Chiron consortium now.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 07 Aug 2024 10:32

Stranded
scumbag
Stranded

He must be more than the face, he must be an investor too. What would be the point of him simply being the front man ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2024 10:34

scumbag
Stranded
Clyde1998 Chiron own all the shares in Redwood (if my understanding of that page is correct): link.

Didn't his son (Peter) run the day to day things at Wycombe at some point?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 07 Aug 2024 10:54

Crusader Royal
Stranded
scumbag

He must be more than the face, he must be an investor too. What would be the point of him simply being the front man ?

This has been mentioned earlier in this thread and is more wishful thinking, but I wonder if John Textor is involved at all. I don’t think he’s sold his shares in Palace yet which could be causing a delay. I am sure he’d want a bigger club than us, but it was only 2 weeks ago that he said he was close to owning 80% of another English club. I don’t think that’s Everton or Sheff U.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 07 Aug 2024 11:08

Clyde1998
Linden Jones' Tash
MouldyRoyal

That link doesn't work for me - the above was my understanding - the amendments to redwood holdings 1 confused me - albeit I'm no expert to deciphering companies house stuff.

On Strings

by On Strings » 07 Aug 2024 11:28

Just bumped into Rob Couhig and said "Allo Allo. When's the takeover happening then?" and he snapped back and said "Vee will ask zee questions!" :shock:

Who Moved The Goalposts?

Re: TAKEOVER CONFIMRED AT LAST!...............(Only joking)

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 07 Aug 2024 19:10

Tomorrow may well be the day!

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 07 Aug 2024 21:05

Who Moved The Goalposts? Tomorrow may well be the day!

Haven't you heard? Tomorrow never comes!

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 07 Aug 2024 22:19

The Royal Forester

Lol! I've heard some promising mutterings, and it would be a huge relief if it happens.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2024 23:24

Who Moved The Goalposts?
The Royal Forester

Lol! I've heard some promising mutterings, and it would be a huge relief if it happens.

Seem to recall you've been quite reliable in the past and on similar things to Elm Park has been reliable on.

If what he heard is reliable then Thursday or Friday could be very good times seeing as he said maybe this week.

5395 posts