Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
Lacoste

Re: Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

by Lacoste » 22 Oct 2012 17:03

mr_number
No Fixed Abode Agreed with Lacoste here. I know racism is bad, but I'd rather someone be racist to me than physically violent or spitting at me. Sticks and stones.

El Hadj Diouf ONLY got a 2 game for spitting. Far worse offence than calling someone a name.

I'd rather have someone be racist at me, since as a white person, it wouldn't really carry much meaning. Not sure how I'd feel as a black person though.

And the difference being?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Oct 2012 17:04

There is no difference.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Oct 2012 17:09

Just heard that Karl Walker has deleted his twitter account due to some abuse he received regarding his performance in the Chelsea game at the weekend from his own fans. Now, don't get me wrong, some abuse can be out of order especially if it's racist (I don't know if this is the case here though). However, we're getting into a culture now where players are becoming too pampered and need to man up a bit if they receive any criticism. If I was paid extortionate amounts of money to kick a football around, I think I could handle some abuse!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Oct 2012 17:19

melonhead
Royal Lady

I meant newly qualified, as I said in my other post - not manager's who have already been tried and proven to be ineffective.

why would you hve heard newly qualified managers complaining about not getti8ng jobs.

a bloke who steps out of his training having paid for the badges etc isnt going to have any profile, and isnt going to have any access to media with which to tell you about it. unless said manager is a m8 of yours, and im guessing you dont have a lot of black friends, let alone back manager friends, i reckon it would be almost impossible for you to have heard anything about it

You honestly don't think that, say, if Roberts did his training badges after retiring and couldn't get a job as a manager, he wouldn't moan about it to the press or whatever - of course they would. There aren't many non-white managers, but I don't actually believe that there are that many non-white people looking for managerial jobs.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Oct 2012 17:20

No Fixed Abode Just heard that Karl Walker has deleted his twitter account due to some abuse he received regarding his performance in the Chelsea game at the weekend from his own fans. Now, don't get me wrong, some abuse can be out of order especially if it's racist (I don't know if this is the case here though). However, we're getting into a culture now where players are becoming too pampered and need to man up a bit if they receive any criticism. If I was paid extortionate amounts of money to kick a football around, I think I could handle some abuse!

They're all better off not bothering to tweet in the first place if you ask me.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 22 Oct 2012 17:41

Not sure the lack of black managers is due to racism, more to do with the fact that more black players seem to go for media careers than managerial ones. Roberts himself has said he doesn't really see himself going into coaching

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Oct 2012 17:45

Lacoste
mr_number
No Fixed Abode Agreed with Lacoste here. I know racism is bad, but I'd rather someone be racist to me than physically violent or spitting at me. Sticks and stones.

El Hadj Diouf ONLY got a 2 game for spitting. Far worse offence than calling someone a name.

I'd rather have someone be racist at me, since as a white person, it wouldn't really carry much meaning. Not sure how I'd feel as a black person though.

And the difference being?

it doesnt carry any meaning to a white person
we havent been enslaved, murdered, beaten, oppressed, discriminated against purely on the basis of our skin colour etc for thousands of years

agreed its only name calling though, and better than violence
and to me, a comfrotable white man, it would be no worse than someone calling me a ginger oxf*rd, a bald oxf*rd, or a welsh oxf*rd

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Oct 2012 17:49

Royal Lady
melonhead
Royal Lady

I meant newly qualified, as I said in my other post - not manager's who have already been tried and proven to be ineffective.

why would you hve heard newly qualified managers complaining about not getti8ng jobs.

a bloke who steps out of his training having paid for the badges etc isnt going to have any profile, and isnt going to have any access to media with which to tell you about it. unless said manager is a m8 of yours, and im guessing you dont have a lot of black friends, let alone back manager friends, i reckon it would be almost impossible for you to have heard anything about it

You honestly don't think that, say, if Roberts did his training badges after retiring and couldn't get a job as a manager, he wouldn't moan about it to the press or whatever - of course they would. There aren't many non-white managers, but I don't actually believe that there are that many non-white people looking for managerial jobs.

john barnes has expressed a view point on it
as has ince.
id expect roberts would too, due to his increased media profile

thats because because he, barnes, and ince have one

its not about the ex players though
i specifically said people who arent famous, and just come out of training with their badges etc

whether you think there are or not,based on your own ignorance doesnt really wash as some sort of reasoned argument

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Oct 2012 17:51

pea Not sure the lack of black managers is due to racism, more to do with the fact that more black players seem to go for media careers than managerial ones. Roberts himself has said he doesn't really see himself going into coaching

a little research shows that there are a few at the lower levels, who feel they just arent given the opportunity at the start of their careers, that an inexperienced white coach would get from lower league/non league football chairmen

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Oct 2012 18:01

Royal Lady
No Fixed Abode Just heard that Karl Walker has deleted his twitter account due to some abuse he received regarding his performance in the Chelsea game at the weekend from his own fans. Now, don't get me wrong, some abuse can be out of order especially if it's racist (I don't know if this is the case here though). However, we're getting into a culture now where players are becoming too pampered and need to man up a bit if they receive any criticism. If I was paid extortionate amounts of money to kick a football around, I think I could handle some abuse!

They're all better off not bothering to tweet in the first place if you ask me.

Well, if someone can't take criticism, or getting abuse from Trolls then no, they shouldn't.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Oct 2012 18:57

That's what I mean, if they're going to be precious, and won't like the criticism if they've played badly, for example, then they shouldn't be tweeting. All this worrrlldyyy, flames! nonsense gets my goat too - I think I might unfollow most players now tbh.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Oct 2012 18:59

And Bendy, you didn't specifically say not ex-players! That's who I'm talking about! I doubt many unknown people who have gained their coaching badges, of whatever ethnic origin, expect to be high profile managers.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Oct 2012 19:01

Royal Lady That's what I mean, if they're going to be precious, and won't like the criticism if they've played badly, for example, then they shouldn't be tweeting. All this worrrlldyyy, flames! nonsense gets my goat too - I think I might unfollow most players now tbh.

Apart from Noel Hunt - who was what twitter was invented for. Just a class stream of consciousness from the little wizard.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Oct 2012 19:01

i dont think its the criticism they cant take, its not being allowed top respond as a normal person would be able to without getting in trouble with the papers/their clubs

and RL

i dont really see why ex players should get priority over anyone who has the badges, and has done the training/put in the hours in non league etc

PBR

by PBR » 22 Oct 2012 22:00

looks like there is going to be a summit to tackle racism, who wants to guess jason roberts storms in paper in hand of all the rude messages he received on twitter :roll:

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 22 Oct 2012 22:14

TheSiege
Ideal TheSiege, it's quite funny really, how those forum users take to their high horse and preach how much better they are than others, yet in their own post they spout hatefilled vile language, branding others with names and what not, all the time claiming that it is the others and not themselves who are full of hate.
I say they are the ones spouting hateful rubbish, they are just too blind to understand it, and they do it simply because someone dares to challenge their opinions.

My thanks for sensible support. There are a ghetto of people on this site who think that they are Gods because they joined the site early - or their friends did. They are not true RFC fans, if they were they would support and criticize depending on the situation of the team and they would do both logically and with a sensible view of the division we are
in. I use this site as a supporter of far more years than most of them, I say what I think needs to be said and I do'nt give a damn about their consistent support of each other and denigration of anyone who speaks sense.

If you read through many of the threads on this site, it is the contributors who speak the most sense who get the most vile abuse. Such is the destruction of our education system and the rise of the X-factor contributor!

Two of HNA's biggest idiots agreeing with each other. Who would have thought it.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 22 Oct 2012 22:29

Okay slightly off the subject but i am intrigued to know more about mixed race players.
I am really not trying to be funny but why do they always consider themselves to be black?
I have to be honest if i was mixed race i would find that offensive to the white parent i had.
And if its okay for one black person to call another black person the N word what about if a mixed race person does?
Is that racist or not?

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 22 Oct 2012 22:30

TheSiege I think that seeing that comment from a known sub-normal, gives us both a warm feeling! Thank-you Parrot_Handjive.

Two of HNA's biggest idiots agreeing with each other. Who would have thought it.

Hi Siege, the quote facility is obviously beyond you. Like Ideal though you've got to resort to making oh, so funny puns about my username. Ideal prefers Parahandjob. Sums the pair of you up really.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 22 Oct 2012 22:52

TheSiege
Para Handy
TheSiege I think that seeing that comment from a known sub-normal, gives us both a warm feeling! Thank-you Parrot_Handjive.

Hi Siege, the quote facility is obviously beyond you. Like Ideal though you've got to resort to making oh, so funny puns about my username. Ideal prefers Parahandjob. Sums the pair of you up really.

No, I think it mostly says that we can't be bothered! We like RFC and RFC fans, we don't like mentally-underendowed chavs who think that they rule this small world! You should have used the acronym 'Parapathetic', it would have suited you more!

:lol: That series of posts encapsulates you two and the gravity that should be accorded to your opinions in a nutshell. In my opinion.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 22 Oct 2012 23:06

TheSiege Please, Para_wanker, stop putting yourself into conversations amongst normal people! You embarrass yourself every time you do it!

:lol: I'm quite happy for the forum to decide who's the wanker here. I've no problem if they decide it's "sub-normal" me. I think you're making an idiot of yourself, personally. That is more of an idiot than you usually do. Ideal is well versed in doing it too. Swap notes.

1019 posts