Pogrebnyak

964 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pogrebnyak

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 14:12

Wycombe Royal Here is some poor quality footage....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ije2kwYm0-U

pretty conclusive.and not that bad quality

can clearly see no contact, and the man tripping over the ball for teh first yellow

and clear contact for the 2nd.

both bollox decisions

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Sep 2013 14:18

Woodcote Royal fast becoming a highly expensive non scoring twat who contributes very little to the cause.

Reminds me of a certain Mr Zero who scored infinitely less (I.e. zero goals from open play) than Pog only for Longophiles at the time to defend him to the death because he brought so much else to the game, which to be fair he did to an extent.

Pog is another gloat of mine so I should be consistent and not defend him but fair is fair: we can't go defending Long the way we did then knock Pog. I firmly believe that give Pog one tenth of the time and patience and confidence we gave Mr Zero and he will come good at this level. Even in the Prem when not scoring he was a big heavy presence that caused problems for the opposition and freed up the rest of the squad.

I've every confidence Pog will be an important player for us. The question is do we have the time wait. We ideally need one or two strikers ASAP but given we don't have money / can't get players / are waiting for the right man / Adkins doesn't want to bring anyone in / focussing in cat1 instead / "insert ever changing apologists brain dead excuse here"/ we have no option at the moment than give this guy a chance so let's just get off his back!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 14:26

would be a good post but for the daft mr zero shit

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Sep 2013 14:29

melonhead

can clearly see no contact, and the man tripping over the ball for teh first yellow

both bollox decisions

The intent was clearly there from Pog for his first - a yellow was the right decision as you don't need to make contact for it to be a caution.

Which begs the obvious follow-up question.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Sep 2013 14:46

So if there was no contact, and therefore Lua Lua was simulating there should have been a card for Both players !
You are correct that in some situations a card can be issued where no contact was made but a nothing 'trip' is really stretching it. Throw a punch that misses and it's still a red...

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 16 Sep 2013 14:49

Dive for the first yellow, fell over because he knew he was going to lose the ball
2nd yellow was a clear foul, amazed at how bad/blind Sky's Championship commentators are :lol:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Sep 2013 14:49

you can just about see his ankle get clipped. But it wasn't enough to send him over, which is why it was a dive.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Sep 2013 14:50

Even if there is contact it can still be simulation as Ashley Young proved by manufacturing the contact whilst diving splayed.

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 16 Sep 2013 14:53

ZacNaloen you can just about see his ankle get clipped. But it wasn't enough to send him over, which is why it was a dive.

Arm being pulled back aswell, so it should have been a free kick too us. Although Pog did go down like he was shot :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Sep 2013 14:57

Kebe's apprentice
ZacNaloen you can just about see his ankle get clipped. But it wasn't enough to send him over, which is why it was a dive.

Arm being pulled back aswell, so it should have been a free kick too us. Although Pog did go down like he was shot :lol:

Not attacking you personally, but I’m so fed up with analysis that says ‘arm being pulled’, ‘clipped on his leg’, ‘hair moved out of place’, ‘opponent looked at him funny’.

It’s football, ffs. For every time Pog’s arm is pulled in a game, he pulls an arm. For every time his shin his clipped, he rakes his studs down a calf. It’s part of the game. When I played as a lad, being a big fcuking unit like Pog meant you were difficult to foul, you actually used your strength, he should try that too.

urzmikep

by urzmikep » 16 Sep 2013 14:57

Kebe's apprentice

very apt choice of words for a useless donkey

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2013 15:18

Not bad quality at all! And unless the camera is lying to me that ref made two very poor decisions. Very.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 16 Sep 2013 15:19

Sanguine
Kebe's apprentice

Not attacking you personally, but I’m so fed up with analysis that says ‘arm being pulled’, ‘clipped on his leg’, ‘hair moved out of place’, ‘opponent looked at him funny’.

It’s football, ffs. For every time Pog’s arm is pulled in a game, he pulls an arm. For every time his shin his clipped, he rakes his studs down a calf. It’s part of the game. When I played as a lad, being a big fcuking unit like Pog meant you were difficult to foul, you actually used your strength, he should try that too.

Yes, in one way I feel sorry for Pogrebnyak, because he was fouled first, a little tug of the arm. But on the other hand, I hope this teaches him a lesson, which is that if every time someone slightly touches you you dive like a giraffe being shot up the arse with a bazooka full of custard, no one is going to believe you are in the right. Maybe all simulation should be banned, whether a player has been fouled or not. I did not like Karacan rolling about clutching his head either, after he had been kicked on the leg. Come on Reading, don't be fakers.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 16 Sep 2013 15:27

Reading fans now moaning and groaning about ref's and diving :lol:

It's been all of a fortnight since daylight robbery was committed at Yo-Ville.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 16 Sep 2013 15:27

melonhead

both bollox decisions

Haven't seen those back but completely agree with you, absolutely awful decisions.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 15:42

Platypuss
melonhead

both bollox decisions

The intent was clearly there from Pog for his first - a yellow was the right decision as you don't need to make contact for it to be a caution.

Which begs the obvious follow-up question.

agree- if the card was for the daft slidey lunge, yellow about right

i do hate the idea you can be booked for a foul without touching someone, and its stuff like that that encourages the divers, and complic8s the whole issue even more

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 15:43

Sanguine
Kebe's apprentice

and when you get booked every time you do it, and the oppo dont, thats when its bad referreeing

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 15:45

facaldaqui
Sanguine
Kebe's apprentice Arm being pulled back aswell, so it should have been a free kick too us. Although Pog did go down like he was shot :lol:

Yes, in one way I feel sorry for Pogrebnyak, because he was fouled first, a little tug of the arm. But on the other hand, I hope this teaches him a lesson, which is that if every time someone slightly touches you you dive like a giraffe being shot up the arse with a bazooka full of custard, no one is going to believe you are in the right. Maybe all simulation should be banned, whether a player has been fouled or not. I did not like Karacan rolling about clutching his head either, after he had been kicked on the leg. Come on Reading, don't be fakers.

it wasnt the arm pull, it was the bloke treading on his foot that made him go down, and turn round asking for the foul

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Sep 2013 16:22

melonhead it wasnt the arm pull, it was the bloke treading on his foot that made him go down, and turn round asking for the foul

Nobody made him go down. He chose to go down because he decided he wanted a freekick for the injustice of somebody standing on his foot/holding his hand.
Well :lol: at him now.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 16:24

:| thats just daft.

it was a free kick. the bloke pulled him back, and trod on his foot.
thats actual injustice, not the sarcastic stuff.

964 posts