CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5394 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFIRMED TO HAVE NOT YET HAPPENED BUT MIGHT SOON

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Sep 2024 08:25

I guess this shows why they are super rich and I'm not. When the survey report found a few wear and tear issues on my house, I bought it anyway as I still wanted it. If I could afford to buy a football club for £30m+ plus running costs, I wouldn't let a car park issue hold me up. But perhaps these guys just love the game of haggling over finer details, while the staff, players and fans watch on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Sep 2024 08:27

WestYorksRoyal I guess this shows why they are super rich and I'm not. When the survey report found a few wear and tear issues on my house, I bought it anyway as I still wanted it. If I could afford to buy a football club for £30m+ plus running costs, I wouldn't let a car park issue hold me up. But perhaps these guys just love the game of haggling over finer details, while the staff, players and fans watch on.

I guess if the housing market didn’t see value constantly increasing by large amounts, and you were intending to sell the house for profit in a few years, you may have gone back and haggled the price down a bit.

Especially if the discount was greater than the legal fees in getting it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Sep 2024 08:38

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I guess this shows why they are super rich and I'm not. When the survey report found a few wear and tear issues on my house, I bought it anyway as I still wanted it. If I could afford to buy a football club for £30m+ plus running costs, I wouldn't let a car park issue hold me up. But perhaps these guys just love the game of haggling over finer details, while the staff, players and fans watch on.

I guess if the housing market didn’t see value constantly increasing by large amounts, and you were intending to sell the house for profit in a few years, you may have gone back and haggled the price down a bit.

Still think it's probably small beer in the grand scheme of his ambitions. If Couhig gets us to the Championship and financially more stable, he'll make a handsome profit. If all he's selling in 5 years is a L1 club with more financial stability, I suspect he'll be disappointed in his return. If the hitch was big enough to seriously move the dial, we'd be hearing reports that the deal was on the rocks.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Sep 2024 08:42

Keep an eye on your twitter feeds today guys! The stars might have finally aligned. 8) :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Sep 2024 08:51

Elm Park Kid Keep an eye on your twitter feeds today guys! The stars might have finally aligned. 8) :D

As you are normally pretty reliable,

I will either love you or you will be by sworn enemy by the end of the day. :wink: :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Sep 2024 08:57

Stranded
Elm Park Kid Keep an eye on your twitter feeds today guys! The stars might have finally aligned. 8) :D

As you are normally pretty reliable,

I will either love you or you will be by sworn enemy by the end of the day. :wink: :lol:

If it doesn't get done today ban him. :lol:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Sep 2024 09:07

Please be oxf*rd true. You have been pretty spot on throughout this sorry saga. :D

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Sep 2024 09:17

Huang Kad is also reporting this so it must be true.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Sep 2024 09:32

WestYorksRoyal Huang Kad is also reporting this so it must be true.

And Jamie Hodder who has had texts this morning....

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Sep 2024 09:35

I mean, if we go through all these unconfirmed reports twice a week every week, eventually it has to be right, doesn't it?

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 05 Sep 2024 09:42

Today could be THE DAY... :shock:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 Sep 2024 10:36

Snowflake Royal

My last house sale was held up a few weeks our lawyers' advice whilst we sorted out details regarding an unadopted lane that ran up between the back of our street and the next street, the ownership of which was unknown. We had to get the vendors to take out a small insurance policy against us being held partly liable for repairing it.

It's easy to see how, when there are multiple companies with different owners, with different and overlapping rights, responsibilities and liabilities, how the lawyers might take a few extra weeks to iron out. Especially if the lawyers this time raised an issue that had been unnoticed in the previous takeovers, and especially if it appears to material effect the value of the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Sep 2024 10:49

Seriously hope so. Does seem to be some noise about it today so hopefully not another let down

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER - TODAY COULD BE THE DAY! (or not?)

by Brogue » 05 Sep 2024 11:38

there does seem to have been an announcement; Huang Kad has come out as gay ? :!:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Sep 2024 11:38

Too many false dawns, I`ll believe nothing until it`s breaking news on SSN.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 05 Sep 2024 11:42

rabidbee My last house sale was held up a few weeks our lawyers' advice whilst we sorted out details regarding an unadopted lane that ran up between the back of our street and the next street, the ownership of which was unknown. We had to get the vendors to take out a small insurance policy against us being held partly liable for repairing it.

One of the conditions of those policies is that you do not disclose the existence of such a policy to anyone except your solicitor. :wink:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Sep 2024 11:44

Brogue there does seem to have been an announcement; Huang Kad has come out as gay ? :!:

And Jamie Hodder claiming he's about to unmask him. Could become an entertaining sub plot.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Sep 2024 12:17

Robert de Couhig's waiting...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Sep 2024 13:43

Twitter is in absolute meltdown this afternoon. Jesus.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Sep 2024 13:51

Brogue Twitter is in absolute meltdown this afternoon. Jesus.

It's strangely entertaining and crazy how it happens every few days.

Account #1 says it might be today
Account #2 say announcement at midday

No announcement

Everyone loses their sh*t completely forgetting that this is about the 10th time that has happened and Twitter is just full of random people who like to pretend they know stuff.

5394 posts