Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by bigmike » 01 Jun 2012 17:51

You can't rush good news calm down and enjoy the weekend.. The bank holiday is only in the UK

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 01 Jun 2012 17:56

whats that supposed to mean. Are you suggesting that transfer activity will continue and an announcement could still come early next week? Man you are good...very, very good indeed.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 01 Jun 2012 18:14

Only 91 days until the transfer window closes. How many pages will this thread get to?

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 01 Jun 2012 18:24

bigmike You can't rush good news calm down and enjoy the weekend.. The bank holiday is only in the UK

You^^^^^ Are really hinting that a deal for Siggy is very close! "Bank holiday is only in the UK" is suggesting something is going to occur!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jun 2012 18:42

I could have believed we might have stolen gylfi if we'd have wrapped up a deal this week. Not now though.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 01 Jun 2012 18:51

TheWearing
bigmike You can't rush good news calm down and enjoy the weekend.. The bank holiday is only in the UK

You^^^^^ Are really hinting that a deal for Siggy is very close! "Bank holiday is only in the UK" is suggesting something is going to occur!

Why is it suggesting a deal for Siggy, surely the same would apply for any overseas player?!

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 01 Jun 2012 18:52

RobRoyal I could have believed we might have stolen gylfi if we'd have wrapped up a deal this week. Not now though.

He played for Iceland Wednesday night, earliest negotiations with him could've begun was late Thursday

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Jun 2012 19:02

RobRoyal I could have believed we might have stolen gylfi if we'd have wrapped up a deal this week. Not now though.

That was never going to happen though. He can now consider his options, see who else comes in and then make a decision. We're in the mix, but I think we're level headed enough to see that it would be a major coup to bring him back. He could quite easily walk into a Newcastle side, or dare I say it an Arsenal side. In fact, their style is better suited to him than anyone else in the Premier League. At the reported £7m he is a bargain waiting to happen. Clubs should be all over him.

I don't think he'll come back. Perhaps the old pessimist in me wont let me get carried away, but boy have things changed here. If the right player is available we wont shudder at spending £6-8m. It will take some time to get used to saying that.

tomrfcurz

He played for Iceland Wednesday night, earliest negotiations with him could've begun was late Thursday

He commented today that he may go on holiday. Gives him time to consider his future.

RoyalTank
TheWearing

Why is it suggesting a deal for Siggy, surely the same would apply for any overseas player?!

Only my opinion but I would have thought any deal for Sigurdsson would be weeks away at the earliest. I would love to be wrong but I just don't see him jumping at the chance to return to Reading when he will be hoping Liverpool now show their hand, or see who else puts an offer in.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Jun 2012 19:35

tomrfcurz He played for Iceland Wednesday night, earliest negotiations with him could've begun was late Thursday

i reckon he's probably got an agent

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 01 Jun 2012 19:39

pea
tomrfcurz He played for Iceland Wednesday night, earliest negotiations with him could've begun was late Thursday

i reckon he's probably got an agent

My source tells me that he has!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Jun 2012 19:41

Yeh it's his dad isn't it? Also good mates with McDermott etc etc rumour rumour

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Jun 2012 19:55

ZacNaloen Yeh it's his dad isn't it? Also good mates with McDermott etc etc rumour rumour

yer used to be

themadstad

by themadstad » 01 Jun 2012 20:19

Gylfi now on holiday for a week.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Jun 2012 20:21

themadstad Gylfi now on holiday

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jun 2012 20:26

Friday's Legacy

That was never going to happen though. He can now consider his options, see who else comes in and then make a decision. We're in the mix, but I think we're level headed enough to see that it would be a major coup to bring him back. He could quite easily walk into a Newcastle side, or dare I say it an Arsenal side. In fact, their style is better suited to him than anyone else in the Premier League. At the reported £7m he is a bargain waiting to happen. Clubs should be all over him.

Well exactly. I'm staggered he came so close to joining Swansea. There's just not a similarly talented player with Premiership success behind him available at that price. What's keeping everyone?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 01 Jun 2012 20:33

LoyalRoyal22 This signing would actually make my summer, and drastically improve our chances of staying up IMO

Just catching up with today's posts in the thread and this sums it up well for me. If we signed him it would be one of the greatest days i've ever had as a Reading fan.. Would be simply amazing to take him out of Swansea's grasp.

It would be like coming back from 0-3 down to Swansea (with Siggy scoring the last 2, he didn't become a Swansea player last summer after the playoff final) to win 4-3. Would put bring tears to the eyes.. just like the same scenario would have done in the playoff final.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 01 Jun 2012 20:53

M Brook FWIW - Poster on planelswans forum reckons we've had an 8m bid excepted (sic) for the Sig.

A guy on the Gylfi fan page on FB said that in response to one of the status comments on there last night, so he could have got it from there, unless it was the same person.. As mentioned Hoffenheim may have taken a firmer stance, but given their comments maybe they hadn't accepted the original bid from Swansea in the first place, did seem rather low to me.

specialjon

by specialjon » 01 Jun 2012 20:56

Just got back from holiday, I heard about this going through but can someone summarise the last 60 pages or so. Cheers.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 01 Jun 2012 21:08

specialjon Just got back from holiday, I heard about this going through but can someone summarise the last 60 pages or so. Cheers.

TSI deal done
Transfers being done
One of which will cause the end of HobNob as we know it
Gylfi deal believed to be in the pipeline too

Hope that helps

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Jun 2012 21:22

Drew_3 Transfers being done
One of which will cause the end of HobNob as we know it

:lol: